7 fights confirmed for OWGP Finals

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
3R 10M/5M/5M
Mauricio Rua (Chute Boxe) vs Cyrille Diabate (Team BOON!)

3R 10M/5M/5M
Ricardo Arona (Brazilian Top Team) vs Alistair Overeem (Golden Glory)

3R 10M/5M/5M
Kazahiro Nakamura (Yoshida Dojo) vs Yoshihiro Nakao (Freelance)

3R 10M/5M/5M
Yosuke Nishijima (Takada Dojo) vs Evangelista Santos (Chute Boxe)

PRIDE Openweight Grand Prix 2006 Reserve
Open, 2R 10M/5M
Sergey Kharitonov (Russian Top Team) vs. Aleksander Emelianenko (Red Devil Sport Club)

PRIDE Openweight Grand Prix 2006 Semifinal
Open, 2R 10M/5M
Wanderlei Silva (Chute Boxe) vs. Mirko Filipovic (CroCop Squad Gym)

Open, 2R 10M/5M
Josh Barnett (AMC Pankration) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Brazilian Top Team)

I hope Overeem knees Arona into a bloody mess like he did with Kharitonov, but I see Arona getting a victory by LnP. This one seems to keep getting better and better.

choke5050

Awards
disagree with your dislike for arona but definately agree its an awesome card. i personally hoping for barnett to get smashed, hes too arogent

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Wow!!!! Unbelievable card. Every fight has huge potential. Oh and Jas please don't bring up Kharitonov/Overeem it brings me to tears.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah :head: UFC should learn from Pride how to put a card together.

BTW, I'm only on hiatus from the rest of the board...not the MMA forum ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

Open, 2R 10M/5M
Sergey Kharitonov (Russian Top Team) vs. Aleksander Emelianenko (Red Devil Sport Club)

Open, 2R 10M/5M

Open, 2R 10M/5M

I hope Overeem knees Arona into a bloody mess like he did with Kharitonov, but I see Arona getting a victory by LnP. This one seems to keep getting better and better.
Shogun is fighting two times within the next two months...I really hope that his elbow will survive. Other than that, I cannot wait to see this card. I want to know everyones predictions for the winner of the OWGP. I personally will take Wanderlei, but that is because I am a hopeless Wandy fan(I will take Wandy against anyone except for Fedor).

Oh, and I agree with the Arona comment; as talented of a wrestler he is, he is a boring fighter because he just doesnt knwo how to finish yet.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking Noguiera to win, but I would'nt put a dime on it. I'd love to see Wanderlei take it, but I think he'll be worn out if he makes it through Crocop. I'm the most indecisive person on earth, but If I was a betting man I'd take Barnett. Crocop could win, this is the most evenly matched tournament ever. So yeah, I'm going with Noguiera.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking Noguiera to win, but I would'nt put a dime on it. I'd love to see Wanderlei take it, but I think he'll be worn out if he makes it through Crocop. I'm the most indecisive person on earth, but If I was a betting man I'd take Barnett. Crocop could win, this is the most evenly matched tournament ever. So yeah, I'm going with Noguiera.
:toofunny:
:fool2:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Wow!!!! Unbelievable card. Every fight has huge potential. Oh and Jas please don't bring up Kharitonov/Overeem it brings me to tears.
Sorry Alex. I like Kharitonov a lot too, and it was unfortunate that he wasn't 100% for that one. But I think I'm picking Aleksander to take that fight.

I feel like Nog/Barnett and Mirko/Wandy are both a coin flip. Since Rogue's exposed my poor picking ability, the pressures off. I'm not sure Mirko has the durability, endurance, and maybe not the heart so I wouldn't pick him. Nog vs. Wandy in the finals with Wandy winning by pure animal rage.

This may be edited many times before the 10th.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja's Laughing Fool Response instead of an appropriate critique to what you wrote.
I thought what he wrote was funny in a crazy, ranting sort of way. If you read it another way, then I am sorry, but if Alexander doesn't mind, then why should you. Besides, there was no way to have a counter argument to his statement; he intentionally contradicted himself to make a point.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

3R 10M/5M/5M

Open, 2R 10M/5M

Open, 2R 10M/5M

Open, 2R 10M/5M

What a kick azz card!!!:dance:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Mirko vs Wandy... I have to give that to Wandy because I think he's got more heart and dedication, though he's going to have a hard time dealing with Mirko's raw power, and he'll probably take a beating winning it.

I think Nog is a better overall fighter than barnett, though that too will be really close. Giving it to Nog.

Arona doesn't really have the game to hang with overeem in general IMO, though overeem is a hothead and there's a chance that he'll jump into a bad position when he's winning the fight and lose it by submission.

If it goes to Nog vs Wandy, I think nog will probably take it because he'll be in much better shape at the end of his fight than Wandy will, though I honestly really want to see a Wandy vs Fedor fight (not that I think wandy can win that one but it'd be fun to watch). If the fights weren't happening on the same night I think Wandy has what it takes to handle Nog, but having to stop Mirko is going to take it out of anyone. I'd rather that they switched the card so that it was Mirko vs Barnett (since the last time was so lame) and Nog vs Wandy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ex, I agree with most of what you said, but you don't think Arona has the game to handle Overeem? Arona is gonna take him down and pound him almost without question!

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Arona is a sloppy fighter who relies on his strength too much on his feet, and he's really inconsistent. He also has a big problem with underestimating his opponents...

I think both of those are going to get him into trouble. I also think overeem has the agility and speed to handle Arona's takedown game if he comes in prepared.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't like Arona much, but if he makes it past the first 3 or 4 minutes I think he'll win. Overeem's conditioning is questionable, but he always looks great for the first few minutes. I would'nt mind seeing Arona get KO'd with a flying knee. His standup isn't very good, but somehow he always gets away with it.