Anybody Catch Fight Science On National Geographic Channel?

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I saw this advertised, but I didn't see it. Has anybody seen this special and was it worth watching?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just saw it. The first 1/2 is good: BJJ, TKD, Karate, Kung Fu and boxing...and my favorite--Muay Thai :D The second half was brick breaking and weapons. Not really my thing, so I fast forwarded most of it. The first half was worth watching, though you probably wouldn't be surprised by the results.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the feedback Beo. I guess I'll try and DVR it if I remember. How long was it, 60 minutes?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
2 hours. DVR it so you can ff the nonsense and commercials.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
DVR it so you can ff the nonsense and commercials.
LOL. Good call. I DVR everything that I watch. I can't tell you the last time that I watched a commercial.:thumbsup:

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
:head: Thanks for the link...I think I missed my chance to catch it on tv.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
It was entertaining, pretty much everything was as expected... Strongest punch from a boxer? What a surprise :D The ninja guy was an asshat though - I would like to see him get taken apart in a fight vs Rickson gracie or the Muay Thai guy.

That bullrush the one guy did that broke all the concrete was ****ing sick, even if those guys probably wouldn't do so well in a fight vs a good NHB fighter.

Jumper

Jumper

Awards
I think there is more than one of these episodes. The one I like compares weapon strikes. Another one compares different types of strikes including kicks and knees. The Muay Thai champion's knee strike was the most damaging according to their measurements.

Excellent shows. Highly recommended.