Pride USA - the Return of Fedor

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

2. Registered User

3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There is no way that Yoshida is coming back by October. I would like to see Fujita fight in the US, but I think that his return is also doubtful.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Isn't Brock Lesnar suppose to fight MMA soon? I'd love to see Fedor whoop up on Lesnar. A Sylvia massacring would be even better.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Isn't Brock Lesnar suppose to fight MMA soon? I'd love to see Fedor whoop up on Lesnar. A Sylvia massacring would be even better.
    Supposedly, Lesnar has an offer from K-1 and the UFC. He has been training with the Miletich Camp so he should have all of his bases covered to go with his wrestling.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    He's fighting in K-1 Heros in October and will train with Royce some.
    Lesnar Set for October K-1 HERO's Debut

Edit: Whoops, a new thread just started about this.
  7. Registered User

If Fedor and Brock Lesnar were to fight I dont think Lesnar could finish the first round. Fedor,s an animal. Lesnar's a big mean looking guy but I still think Fedor would tear him a new one.

Either way I get dibs on the winner.
    Last edited by mp5man1; 08-16-2006 at 11:25 PM.
  8. Registered User

I'll be there! Im buying my tickets soon. I just cant miss this historic event.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Fedor-Coleman is the match and as Beo said in another thread Shogun will fight Randleman.

DSE Announces Fedor-Coleman, Rua-Randleman

Also note that Tyson was at the DSE press conference....
  10. Senior Member

Jeez, why is coleman even bothering? He doesn't have what it takes...

As for the Shogun/Randleman fight, that'll be pretty entertaining I think, but it will end with randleman on the canvas from repeated knees.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Vitor vs. Henderson has been added to the card. I wonder how testing will work for this event. I have to believe Coleman and Randleman aren't going to come away negative.
  12. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Vitor vs. Henderson has been added to the card. I wonder how testing will work for this event. I have to believe Coleman and Randleman aren't going to come away negative.
    Nothing to worry about, NSAC usually only tests the WINNERS, *cough*
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Haha. I see.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Vitor vs Hendo is a really big fight for both of them. Whoever loses will have a long road to get back to the top, but Vitor has more to lose because he needs to show that he has the heart to fight through a tough opponent. If Vitor can show some consistency then he climb back to the top of the 205 weight class and hopefully have a rematch with Wandy.
  15. Elite Member

I gotta go with Vitor, Hendo has not looked that great for the last year or two. Brazilian thunderfist will return.
  16. Senior Member

I don't even think Vitor tries that hard anymore. He's kind of a one trick pony too. Vitor will probably gas out before the end of the fight as well. Hendo WILL try to stand and bang with him for a while, then take him to the ground if things aren't going his way. There's a good chance Hendo will get knocked out in the first round, but I think if it goes to the much into the second round or beyond it's likely he'll win.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    I don't even think Vitor tries that hard anymore. He's kind of a one trick pony too. Vitor will probably gas out before the end of the fight as well. Hendo WILL try to stand and bang with him for a while, then take him to the ground if things aren't going his way. There's a good chance Hendo will get knocked out in the first round, but I think if it goes to the much into the second round or beyond it's likely he'll win.
    I know it has been said many times before, but Vitor has not been the same since his sister was kidnapped.
  18. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

ahh fedor, nothin excits more more than to watch fedor as his "leaps" on to someone while punching them. gotta lov his grd pound and his sambo
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

wtf is coleman matched against fedor? is this a how bad fedor can kick someones ass show? I was like damn give him some competition for a USA debut. Coleman gets KO'd first round i have 200 bucks on it. Will it be televised or PPV at all?
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

Check this article. It's an interesting read where it talks about the differences in fan expectations in the US vs. Japan and how Pride may be dropping the ball in their US debut.
  21. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

Check this article. It's an interesting read where it talks about the differences in fan expectations in the US vs. Japan and how Pride may be dropping the ball in their US debut.
    That article is wrong IMO. Pride is trying to give american fans a benchmark of the skill of their fighters by pitting them against fighters that have competed in america before. The fact that coleman and randleman are american is just icing on the cake. The pride billboard in my area says "the toughest fights on earth" so it's pretty clear what they're doing by placing former UFC champions in the ring. Future pride productions in america will almost certainly have better cards, once the superior level of competition has been established for the general american audience.
  22. Elite Member

That article is wrong IMO. Pride is trying to give american fans a benchmark of the skill of their fighters by pitting them against fighters that have competed in america before. The fact that coleman and randleman are american is just icing on the cake. The pride billboard in my area says "the toughest fights on earth" so it's pretty clear what they're doing by placing former UFC champions in the ring. Future pride productions in america will almost certainly have better cards, once the superior level of competition has been established for the general american audience.
    Right on.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I don't completely agree with the article either, but I thought that it was interesting and didn't know the whole story behind the UFC in Japan. I think that the fans who know Randleman and Coleman from their UFC days for the most part are more hardcore fans that know about Pride anyway. The newer casual TUF audience probably doesn't know who they are anyway aside from maybe an advertisement saying that they were former UFC champs years ago so I'm not sure how good of a benchmark it is.

Well, we'll see how it goes, and hopefully it will broaden the American audience. However, I'm not sure that I want them to have too many events here since the rules are more limited.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who wants to see the return of Bulk 1-Carboxy???
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 09:51 AM
  3. The Return Of Saluu
    By ryano in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM