The Science of Fighting...

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Rickson is a little overshadowed there. Too bad he'd wipe the mat with all those dancers in his day.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough, I swear to god that I saw that show over a year ago. Maybe they made it into a series... It was interesting though.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
XMA = acrobat

looks cool but worths poop, as far as fighting goes.

Good physical exercise tho.

jsutter55

Awards
Oddly enough, I swear to god that I saw that show over a year ago. Maybe they made it into a series... It was interesting though.
That's funny. I was just on the phone with a friend who said basically the same thing. He said he saw a program that had the same premise, but his recollection was that it wasn't as high-tech as this one looks to be. One section he remembered in particular showed a "computer graphic x-ray" of someone just as they were being struck by a punch.Then the graphics simulated the effect (or injury) that would occur inside the body from force of the strike.

Maybe there was a lot of interest in that older version and someone had the idea to recreate it with a bigger budget?

If so, that's great. I'll definitely be watching.

Cheers! :cheers:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm 99% sure I've seen this. Interesting.

size

Awards
  • Established
I believe this is a new program as everything I have read about it indicates such. Regardless, it is worth watching simply for the fact that it will have Guru Inosanto.

Last edited:
sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I believe this is a new program as everything I have read about it indicates such. Regardless, it is worth watching simply for the fact that it will gave Guru Inosanto.
Size, have you trained with Dan Inosanto??

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
No but I would hope to in the future as I do train in JKD.
That's awesome... i trained with Guru Dan back in the late 80's. I trained with him in his academy in Marina Del Rey on Tuesday nights and at the IMB Academy on Thursday night when he taught there. I was with him for about 2 years and got to Phase 3. Back then there was only 3 phases. He singlehandedly opened my eyes to the many possibilities of crosstraining in different martial arts disciplines. I also trained with some of his former students from the Bruce Lee days like Chris Kent and Paul Vunak. He was the best intructor i've ever trained under, bar none...

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Look forward to having you in Los Angeles then :) It's a little different than El Salvador but I'm sure you'll like it.

size

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome... i trained with Guru Dan back in the late 80's...He was the best intructor i've ever trained under, bar none...
Do you practice Kali as well?
I am not surprised that he was your best instructor. I imagine that anyone who trains with him has an awakening.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Do you practice Kali as well?
I am not surprised that he was your best instructor. I imagine that anyone who trains with him has an awakening.
Yes i did practice Kali... i was thinking about getting back into Kali/stickfighting. I wanted to try out the dogbrothers, they are true badasses when it comes to stickfighting.