Ortiz vs Shamrock III - Here We Go Again.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Man it's time for another beating. Hope the undercard fights are good so it ain't a total waste of my PPV money...lol.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ironwolf727

Awards
A weak attempt for Ken to collect a paycheck:icon_lol:

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man it's time for another beating. Hope the undercard fights are good so it ain't a total waste of my PPV money...lol.
Think it's gonna be a Spike TV event so no charge. Thank god...

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, supposedly Ken's last fight until his next Comeback. Probably his last fight in the UFC though. Good for Tito as he won't be getting a title shot this year. Hopefully Chuck v. Axe Murderer goes down and Tito can fight the winner.

size

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully, they will be allowed to fight until a KO occurs or some stoppage worthy damage.

maxer

Awards
I don't get why people bag on ken. Sure his record hasn't been great and he's getting old but he's got balls to keep fighting a guy who has defeated him twice now. Plus he has been training with Eric Paulson and looks to be in pretty good shape. Id like to see him win so he could end on a high note. JMO

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Woohooo another beat down for the old crazy man

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Woah...**** tito v ken. BJ ****ING PENN is BACK!!!

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I don't get why people bag on ken. Sure his record hasn't been great and he's getting old but he's got balls to keep fighting a guy who has defeated him twice now. Plus he has been training with Eric Paulson and looks to be in pretty good shape. Id like to see him win so he could end on a high note. JMO
True Ken has always been in great shape (well...maybe not always) but he's way past his prime. Kind of like how MJ (not Michael Jackson, lol) was when he attempted his last come back. He was a great in his day but like everything/everyone else, time conquers all. Time to retire Shamrock and enjoy your life with your family.

DougMan

Awards
I think part of the reason people bag on Shamrock is the massive amount of trash talking he does. The part that gets me is that Shamrock wants to fight Ortiz everywhere but the ring. He tried starting stuff on the UFC TV show, at the press conference, and after the ref stopped the fight. Yet when he had his chance he pretty much got owned.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think part of the reason people bag on Shamrock is the massive amount of trash talking he does. The part that gets me is that Shamrock wants to fight Ortiz everywhere but the ring. He tried starting stuff on the UFC TV show, at the press conference, and after the ref stopped the fight. Yet when he had his chance he pretty much got owned.
That and he is full of himself and his abilities. He refuses to adapt to modern fighting techniques and pushed the same to his team on UF. 'I like to brawl and I like leg locks.' He should have taken a page out of the Couture book - use what works and speak no evil. Then people would be cheering for him instead of Tito.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Nope it's not balls, at all. It's Ken's pride..which is what's gonna get him whooped for a third time. He just can't stand to lose to Tito. But he's an arrogant pr*ck and his mouth, constantly, writes checks that his ass and chin aren't able to cash.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Nope it's not balls, at all. It's Ken's pride..which is what's gonna get him whooped for a third time. He just can't stand to lose to Tito. But he's an arrogant pr*ck and his mouth, constantly, writes checks that his ass and chin aren't able to cash.
I agree. Everyone knows this except for Shamrock...He's living in denial.

will175

will175

Awards
I like Ken, but I do agree that he just doesnt want to learn modern MMA. And when this whole BS started with ken and tito..tito was very ****y as well thats what gave him the spot light. Now tito progressed so much as a fighter then he used to be. He is so much better and more humble. As much as I would like to see Ken win I dont think he will.. just hopefully its a legitimate beat down not a fast call from the ref. And I hope BJ comes back. 808 Pride.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
No disrespect to you Will but I hope Ken gets his teeth knocked out...then maybe he'll finally do us all a favor and finally retire. Maybe he can take his fight to the press and write a book on his life and how he hates Tito and was the man who made Tito..blah blah blah. Ken should just realize that he WAS a great but no longer IS a great.

Realizing who and what you are shows your character and pretending to be someone that you're not (like Ken) just makes you look bad and really tarnishes your reputation. Now he won't be remembered as a UFC Hall of Famer, he'll just be the whiner that got his a$$ beat not once but three times by a man he just couldn't respect as being superior. There is no humility or humbleness in Ken and he just needs to let go and stop living in the past. I never saw Royce smack talk at Hughes after the fight...Gracie knows humbleness and pride. Even if he was physically beaten, his honor is still there and no one, except himself, could take that away. That is why Gracie is still, THE MAN.

For the record, I was never a real Tito fan but after watching TUF3, he really earned my respect. Seeing him teach up and coming guys and actually training with them, sparring, etc, showed his dedication to honestly teaching them. Ken never really showed his dedication to his team and Dana White said this on public tv too.

As a fighter or as a coach, Ken will never beat Tito. Peace!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It would make for a great story if Ken beat Tito, but that's highly unlikely.

will175

will175

Awards
DAGECKO, no dis-respect taken at all. You put it really good and I agree with what you stated. But IF Ken did beat tito he should just retire not mouth off about anything. All we can do is wait and see.