Randleman Documentary and Update

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Randleman is one of my favorite fighters to watch. He seems to have so much raw talent, strength, and a vicious left hook. He KTFO'd Crocop, and if Fedor were human he would have beat him too. Rampage said in an interview that Kevin hits harder than anyone else, and had Kevin followed up that punch, he would have won the fight. Despite this, he seems to blow it too often. Regardless, huge respect for him. Here is a documentary about him
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNuGF4_ukOY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

As you probably know, he went through a hell of a year with something like 8 surgeries. In this interview from last month he talks about the path of recovery and his return to fighting: The Monster Is Back From The Brink - MMAUniverse.com

Fascinating guy, I hope he comes back better than ever.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Randleman is in his mid 30's. He claims that he has been "rebuilt". I hope it is true, b/c when he is on, he is exciting as hell to watch. He seems so much better than a 16-11 fighter. I can't believe he lost to Waterman. He sounds like he has his head straight. I hope he can pull of a comeback.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If Randleman had IT mentally he would be virtually unstoppable. I don't see him doing anything big in PRIDE. Maybe one or two big wins, but I don't think he'll piece together a winning streak unless he fights cans. If he came to the UFC I think he could beat everyone minus Chuck. Have you seen Chuck/Randleman Beowulf? Randleman/Babalu was another good match. The great thing about Randleman is he stand the same chance of winning against either Fedor or Forrest Griffin. He seems so head strong outside of the ring, but in the ring he becomes semi-retarded.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The great thing about Randleman is he stand the same chance of winning against either Fedor or Forrest Griffin.
That pretty much sums up Randleman perfectly from what I've seen. I was watching the Bas/Randleman fight a few days ago. He definitely got screwed in that one.

Thanks for the links Beo.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Great comment about Randleman. Man, I wish he had his head together. How can the same guy who beat Crocop lose to Waterman (granted it was a submission)?

I haven't seen all of Liddell vs. Randleman, but from watching a clip, it may have looked like it was stopped a bit prematurely. Randleman didn't even hit the canvas, and then Chuck was on top of him, but I don't think he was really landing anything. Randleman was livid at the stoppage, but I think he was right. It should have gone on at least few more seconds for Chuck to really finish him.

Have you seen when Randleman and Bas had words about their controversial fight?
YouTube - INSANE INTERVIEW GETS UGLY - FULL VIDEO

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I saw that interview. It was pretty funny. There's also one floating around where Bas and Crocop play a joke on Mauro.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Randleman is an amazing athlete. Too bad he lacks the tools and smarts to do anything with it.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
In "Rites of Passage," he said he was molested as a kid IIRC. Interesting guy. I thought he'd be unstoppable at 205 in the UFC.