Pride OWGP final matchups

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pride has officially set:
Crocop-Silva
Barnett-Nogueira

Crocop - Silva will be a rematch, their first match was a draw under special rules. Barnett can probably get past Nogueira but it'll be close.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, looks like two great fights. Crocop vs. Silva could go either way. I think i like Nog over Barnett.

Korrupted

Awards
I just watched the UFC knockout show on Spike the other night and watched Belfort and Silva fight. Belfort laid in to him w/ an awesome fury of punches.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
True, but that was 8 years ago. I'm pretty sure Silva would stomp Belfort now. Silva just kept backing up then, but now he would just circle and the blows would have to cease, or more accurately, it would probably go circle, clinch, knees into oblivion.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Awesome matchups. Can't wait to silva kickin ass in the UFC as well.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Those are the matches that I wanted to see. Wandy got his work cut out for him, but I wouldn't count him out. Barnett/Nog will most likely end in decision.

I gotta say that I hope Nog doesn't win. I like him, but I just don't think he can give Fedor much of a fight. The other 3 matchups with Fedor would be interesting, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Both are really tough picks. Can't wait. I hope Sergei is on this card too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing but rematches for CroCop in this card...am I the only one that finds that kind of bizarre.

With that being said I will take Wanderlei v Nog in the finals with Nog via decision in the GP championship.

Angrysanta

Awards
Looks like they went for the match ups everybody wanted.
I like Wandie but I'm going against the grain and picking Cro. Also Nog over Barnett.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Are the matches in the finals 3 rounds or 2?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't find official confirmation of the rounds/length, but in the past they have run three 5 minute rounds in their Elimination tournaments.

Silva and Cro Cop and Nog and Barnett fight, then the winners of those two fight the same night, I don't know if there is an undercard before or during the break between the semis and final. I'll edit this if I find more info.
Pride has never run 5min only rounds, not in regular Pride events, not in Bushido, not in GPs.

GP matches are different in that only 2 rounds instead of the usual 3 are held for the semi-finals. The final match for the title will be the usual 10-5-5 format.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
GP matches are different in that only 2 rounds instead of the usual 3 are held for the semi-finals. The final match for the title will be the usual 10-5-5 format.
Cool, that's what I was looking for.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I like Nog/Crocop in finals...not sure Silva can hang...Barnett? pfft...

I do however like Silva all over a leaving-his-prime liddell. Wouldn't it be funny if Sobral ended up tapping liddell? Silva/Sobral probably isn't what White had in mind!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sherdog will labotomize you if you're not careful.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Most threads I have read at Sherdog and Subfighter probably have about 3 flames for every intelligent response. Now I can see why AM is so adamant about eliminating the noise.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Kharitonov vs. Aleksander E. has been announced as an alternate bout for the OWGP finals according the sherdog forums. They're definitely fighting, but it's on the Japanese language version of the website so I don't know the details.

PRIDE | ƒjƒ…￾[ƒX | ƒŠƒU￾[ƒuƒ}ƒbƒ`‚Å￾‹‰ØƒrƒbƒOƒJ￾[ƒhŽÀŒ»￾I ƒAƒŒƒLƒTƒ“ƒ_￾[VSƒnƒŠƒg￾[ƒmƒt‚ª’ljÁŒˆ’è

Edit: Here's a better link PRIDE | ƒXƒPƒWƒ…￾[ƒ‹￾EŒ‹‰Ê | PRIDE–³￾·•Ê‹‰ƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒvƒŠ2006 Œˆ￾Ÿ￾í

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh*t! That's a dream match. I don't know who to pick, I love them both. I hope Kharitonov is 100%. Thanks Jas.