Who Will Win the Rematch: Sylvia vs. Arlovski
- 07-10-2006, 07:43 PM
...and I meant to mention that even Hunt thought Silva beat him.
After Hunt landed the Atomic Butt Drop on a grounded Silva, Silva immediately gained dominant position; he might have even gotten the mount. Not quite of Fedor-slammed-by-Randleman-esque proportions, but definitely headed in that realm of amazing.
- 07-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Personally I couldnt care less when Sylvia fights next. I'm not really a fan of the current heavyweight division simply due to the size disproportionality. I would sooner watch Arlovski in non-title fights against similar sized opponents.
IMO Sylvia worked his way up the UFC HW ladder using his size as a prop for his sub-par skills. Since his original meeting with Arlovski he has been purposely built to beat that particular opponent. Unless the UFC can scrape up some more genetic singularities I think we will just see a bunch of Sylvia jab, straight, and stuff take down snooze-fests against shorter opponents.
Time for a super HW division...
Similar Forum Threads
- By BigMfer in forum Sports TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 11-30-2008, 02:55 AM
- By SgtP in forum Sports TalkReplies: 28Last Post: 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
- By Grunt76 in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
- By spatch in forum Sports TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
- By judge-mental in forum Sports TalkReplies: 9Last Post: 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM