Pride Bushido Air in USA

1. Registered User
    Answers

Pride Bushido Air in USA

Dream Stage Entertainment president Nobuyuki Sakakibara recently said in Japan that there are plans for the second round of the Pride Bushido Grand Prix to air nationally in the United States on Fox Sports Net.

While nothing has been finalized, DSE and FSN are in the advanced stages of negotiations for the Saturday, August 26th Pride Bushido event to air on Fox Sports Net instead of airing on pay-per-view in the United States. No date or timeslot has been decided on, but it would likely air in primetime on either Saturday, August 26th or Sunday, August 27th.

If the show does air on August 26th, it could air head-to-head with the UFC 62 event on pay-per-view, which will be headlined by the fight between Chuck Liddell and Renato "Babalu" Sobral. The PPV broadcast of UFC 62 will be airing from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern Time on August 26th.

It has not yet been determined how long the Bushido special on FSN might be, or how many of the fights, if not all, will be shown.

In any case, Pride's July 1st event, featuring the second round of the Open Weight Grand Prix, will still premiere on American pay-per-view on the evening of Sunday, July 2nd, as previously scheduled.

The second round of Pride's 183-pound Bushido Grand Prix will take place on August 26th and will feature match-ups between tournament quarter-finalists Dan Henderson, Paulo Filho, Denis Kang, Kazuo Misaki, Ryo Chonan (who might have to withdraw due to injury), Amar Suloev, Akihiro Gono, and Gegard M
    ousasi.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

It would be great for PRIDE to get more exposure here in the US. I know the UFC is too cheap, but if they ever brought Wanderlei back, he would be huge here because of his style. Ahhh, Chuck v Wandy, now that is a dream(tangent I know, but it NEEDS to happen).
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    It would be great for PRIDE to get more exposure here in the US. I know the UFC is too cheap, but if they ever brought Wanderlei back, he would be huge here because of his style. Ahhh, Chuck v Wandy, now that is a dream(tangent I know, but it NEEDS to happen).
    FSN has probably helped a lot with getting Pride exposure here in the US, but it is still probably foreign to most.

And Chuck vs. Silva--that would be great, but I think Silva would wipe the floor with Chuck. JMO.
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    FSN has probably helped a lot with getting Pride exposure here in the US, but it is still probably foreign to most.
    That's how I found out about it. I am a huge UFC fan but never heard of Pride before I saw it on FSN.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

If you like Pride Netflix has a lot of its DVDs. I started watching Pride after I came across some of their DVDs there about...uh...maybe two years ago...The Bushido events are great b/c they're only two round fights and the refs don't hesitate to break the fighters up when things get boring.
  6. Gold Member
    Answers

If you ever wanna buy UFC or Pride dvds they have them cheap here-
    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/index.cfm
  7. Gold Member
    Answers

Bump on Netflix for Pride DVDs. Low-intensity cardio has never been this exciting.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Answers

Pride lost it's contract/sponsorship with Fuji TV, and it seems they might be in some trouble right now financially.

I think they are making a strong effort to try and pick up some more attention in the US in an attempt to make up the lost revenue. Some kind of Japanese mob involvment with Pride, or something like that.

Some info regarding the Fuji situation:

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More

Regarding Pride on FSN:

MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More
  9. Registered User
    Answers

oof, I don't think Dana White is going to like a free fight alternative running against the ppv ufc.

Ah, competition is a wonderful thing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Arriving in USA from another country
    By nycste in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 08:00 AM
  2. Air in Syringe - Good or Bad?
    By Blesum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
  3. Pride Bushido WWGP Finals