Possible F. Shamrock vs. Baroni match

  1. Possible F. Shamrock vs. Baroni match


    Not sure if people heard this rumor (no, it is not confirmed and given Frank's history who knows if it will happen), but Shamrock may eventually fight Baroni in Strikeforce.

    If the fight happens, I think it will be an easy win for Frank. He always has a solid strategy and once you last a few minutes with Baroni, you can usually pick up the win. It is a match against decent competition for Frank and would let us see if he still has a solid game.



    Side Note: I heard that FSN's Pride show is showing Hunt vs. Cro cop this Sunday.


  2. What channel is FSN? I hope it is on my satellite

  3. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Not sure if people heard this rumor (no, it is not confirmed and given Frank's history who knows if it will happen), but Shamrock may eventually fight Baroni in Strikeforce.

    If the fight happens, I think it will be an easy win for Frank. He always has a solid strategy and once you last a few minutes with Baroni, you can usually pick up the win. It is a match against decent competition for Frank and would let us see if he still has a solid game.



    Side Note: I heard that FSN's Pride show is showing Hunt vs. Cro cop this Sunday.
    this fight happening is pretty much up to Frank. Baroni already said he'd like to fight him but is fighting in pride at the moment. still though maybe in the near future we'll see this
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    What channel is FSN? I hope it is on my satellite
    Fox Sports Network

  5. Frank by whatever he wants. Baroni is too slow for Frank. He's always got a punchers chance, but not a good one.

  6. Frank says this fight is on at Strikeforce Dec. 8th from his interview on Sherdog's Beatdown.

  7. Frank Shamrock is one of the best fighters that I have ever seen. His fight with Tito is legendary and I hope that he will make a serious comeback. He is not that old, I think he is oin his early 30's, so he has some good years left in him. Considering that his body has not had to take the abuse from fighting he is probably more fit now than a few years ago.

    For those that have never seen Frank grapple, here he is going against Dan Henderson.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

  8. Frank Shamrock was a awesome fighter, where the hell did he go? I thought he retired or something. At first I thought we were talking about Ken because I just took Frank's name out of the fight game.

  9. Frank Shamrock is/was an amazingly skilled fighter.

  10. Nice takedown and funny part where he taunts Bas, (1:41) Not that great but YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

  11. he's such an athlete, watch the takedowns in this one too. kinda boring with the open palm striking tho. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.


    oh sh1t i spoke too soon, (2:55)

  12. Hope it happens. I'd love to see Frank against Rich Franklin, that would be a war.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Hope it happens. I'd love to see Frank against Rich Franklin, that would be a war.
    they kinda look alike too. BUt where has Frank been all these years? could be a bit rusty.

  14. I think hes been teaching and giving seminars

  15. Frank was trying to set up his own promotion with a unique combat area but it never took off. As for him fighting Franklin I highly doubt it will happen, at least in the UFC. He has very unflattering things to say about the UFC and Dana White in particular so don't expect to see him fighting in the octagon any time soon. Frank had a ton of talent and potential but for whatever reason, mostly ego(IMO), decided he was too good realize his potential. He could easily have been a champ in either of the big promotions but instead just squandered his potential.

  16. Possibly lol?

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

    Im pretty confident it will happen.
    Baroni by vicious knockout in round 1

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Irish480
    Possibly lol?

    YouTube - Frank Shamrock BREAKING NEWS Interview

    Im pretty confident it will happen.
    Baroni by vicious knockout in round 1
    Originally the thread is from June when it was just a rumor. Frank by sub in the 1st or 2nd or by cardio....

    Now I need a history lesson. Was Tito really the #1 contender when Frank and Tito fought in 1999 or was it Vitor?

  18. Confirmed again in Frank's newsletter. December 8...Strikeforce. The question is will this fight be like the Cesar Gracie fight where you had to pay for the d/l?

  19. yeah frank diff. has some skills, although ive seen in some of hs fights his cockyness ends up hurtin him in the end. him vs bas rutten in the pancrase match is just one example of this but.... id still like to see him fight. actually im still waiting on bas rutten to come back as he announced on fs one night that he going to

  20. Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis
    yeah frank diff. has some skills, although ive seen in some of hs fights his cockyness ends up hurtin him in the end. him vs bas rutten in the pancrase match is just one example of this but.... id still like to see him fight. actually im still waiting on bas rutten to come back as he announced on fs one night that he going to
    Bas did fight fight recently in the WFA vs. Warpath after Kimo tested positive for roids. Not sure if you were aware of this or are refering to some future comeback by Bas.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    Bas did fight fight recently in the WFA vs. Warpath after Kimo tested positive for roids. Not sure if you were aware of this or are refering to some future comeback by Bas.

    ahh yeah i forgot bout that, but i do also remember he was chattin about a supposed comeback to either pride or ufc on sfs south to the oher announcer. this was like 3-4 months ago so i guess if there isnt any other news he prob changed his mind lol, or just did after watching tito shamrock 3 lol

  22. So yeah, guess this fight ain't happening and Frank's just talking.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 12:42 AM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:31 PM
  4. Frank Shamrock vs. Ceasar Gracie clip
    By Pit Bull in forum MMA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Log in
Log in