Pride Open Weight GP, Part II

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Pride Open Weight GP, Part II


    These boutes will be on July 1. Remember, Fedor pulled out due to a hand injury and was replaced by Silva.

    Second Round Fights:
    Mirko Cro Cop vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
    Wanderlei Silva vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum
    Josh Barnett vs. Mark Hunt



    I am excited about seeing these fights.


  2. Shiat I never heard about Fedor, damn man keeps getting hurt. Yeah lookslike a good line up.
    •   
       


  3. Might be jumping the gun, but Cro Cop vs Wandy Part II. Hmmm Fujita is a big dude, I think he could put up a fight against Wandy. I think he could shake off a bat to the face, great chin.

  4. How do they pick who's going to fight who? Is it random drawing or something?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    How do they pick who's going to fight who? Is it random drawing or something?
    I think you could vote on the matchups on the Japanese version of the Pride site. Not sure if this was the only determining factor though.

    I'm picking:

    Wandy in the planet of the apes match
    Cro Cop
    Nog
    Barnett
    •   
       


  6. I think all of these fights have potential to be great.
    The one I find the least exciting is the Nog vs Werdum b/c I just do not see how Werdum can beat Nog.
    Barnett vs Hunt, I think will be really interesting.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    I think you could vote on the matchups on the Japanese version of the Pride site. Not sure if this was the only determining factor though.

    I'm picking:

    Wandy in the planet of the apes match
    Cro Cop
    Nog
    Barnett
    Yep, that's how I see it too. If it pans out like that I'd love to see Nog/Barnett and Wandy/Crocop, and then Nog/Crocop final.

  8. the k1 mark hunt?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    the k1 mark hunt?
    Yes. In Pride, he has wins over CroCop and Wanderlei Silva both via decision. With his head of grantie, he is always fun to watch.

  10. id love to see him full contact outside of k1. must be entertaining....i hear crocrop's name alot but cant say i have ever seen him before. im going to look him up.

  11. Wand vs. Fujita is going to be a war! Tough one for silva though, very tough one.

  12. Barnett's plan against Hunt: "Just win, baby! It’s pretty obvious, he’s a striker, he’s gonna keep it on the feet. I won’t say I’m a 'grappler' necessarily but I’m gonna put him on his back, look for the submission or try and pick him up and see if he can take all his weight on his head."

    Should be fun to watch.

  13. This should get you going for it

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7QdcIchKR8&eurl="]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

  14. WTF? What's up with the KKK and MLK in the video? Fedor's not even in the GP, but I liked that part. Great video all in all, just a few strange parts.

  15. Ian, who's your pick for Wand/Fujita? I gotta go with Wand.

  16. What a strange clip, it confused me.

    So hard to pick but here are mine:
    CroCop, Fujita, Nogueira, and Hunt

    Only one I am confident in is Nogueira.

  17. Crocop Wand Noguiera Barnett
    Crocop Noguiera
    Noguiera

  18. I am picking Wandy for this simple reason: he will not gas like Shamrock and Ken was owning Fujita before his "heart" incident. Also, Fujita has not faced an aggressive striker like Wandy before.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I gotta go with Barnett over Hunt, I think Josh has trimmed the fat in Big Bear with Tito and Rampage and adjusted his gameplan, and Hunt has not done either, not that he could change much other than the fat this soon.

    Wandy claims his striking has improved from new pro boxing coaching, gotta go with him also.
    I would go with Barnett based on how easily Hunt can be taken down; Wandy did it on command and Barnett is actually a wrestler. Hopefully it is not a LnP match though.

  20. Here's a link to two of the fights from the owgp (Hunt/Barnett and CC/Yoshida) if anyone's interested. Obviously, this contains "Spoilers".

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    WTF? What's up with the KKK and MLK in the video? Fedor's not even in the GP, but I liked that part. Great video all in all, just a few strange parts.
    Do you speak Japanese? I know I don't, so it looks confusing to me...maybe it would make more sense if we could speak / write in japanese. lol

  22. Silva really punished Fujita. Fujita did seem fine afterwards, which is amazing. Only time Fujita has ever really been damaged was when Fedor gave him the liver kick, hook to jaw, rear naked all in 5 seconds. He was seriously f*cked up after that, had me worried. Pretty great night of fights, I don't know why Alistair's corner threw the towel in? I doubt it will happen, but I'd really like to see Wand take the tournament.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Silva really punished Fujita. Fujita did seem fine afterwards, which is amazing. Only time Fujita has ever really been damaged was when Fedor gave him the liver kick, hook to jaw, rear naked all in 5 seconds. He was seriously f*cked up after that, had me worried. Pretty great night of fights, I don't know why Alistair's corner threw the towel in? I doubt it will happen, but I'd really like to see Wand take the tournament.

    Allistar had a Neck injurie*(aka the tape on his back/shoulders/neck) so he was like a fish out of water on the ground.

  24. How did big Nog look at 244? More powerful or slower .....

    I think CC/Silva and Barnett/Nog would be the best matchups for the next round.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    How did big Nog look at 244? More powerful or slower .....

    I think CC/Silva and Barnett/Nog would be the best matchups for the next round.
    A little slower and not himslef bc he was fighting werdum and naturally would want to stay off the ground.

  26. I was just watching those Youtube clips. Seeing the review, it did look like Takahashi was out before hitting the mat, or at least stunned to the point of bein defenseless. Regardless, it was a quick stop. OTOH, Silva was teeing up multiple soccer kicks, and Fujita was doing nothing to protect himself.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull
    Hey Pit, are you a member at mmaweekly? Any thoughts on if it is worth signing up? $5/month is pretty cheap.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I was just watching those Youtube clips. Seeing the review, it did look like Takahashi was out before hitting the mat, or at least stunned to the point of bein defenseless. Regardless, it was a quick stop. OTOH, Silva was teeing up multiple soccer kicks, and Fujita was doing nothing to protect himself.
    What does OTOH mean? What do you mean Fujita was doing nothing to protect himself? Fujita was wearing Silva down with skull shots to Silva's fists and shins. Yeah, Fujita rarely defends himself, he just takes the shots, and few people can put him away. Fujita's always fun to watch, if you can check out his fights with Kerr, Shamrock, Takayama, Sapp, Fedor, and a few others. Its always a war when Fujita is fighting.

  29. Oh, On The Other Hand I guess?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Too "Complex"?: Part II
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 01:15 PM
  2. Beginner cycle Part II
    By DREW MUSCLES in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
  3. Pride Open Weight Results
    By size in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 08:48 PM
  4. Pride Open Grand Prix
    By size in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Log in
Log in