st.pierre or hughes - AnabolicMinds.com

st.pierre or hughes

  1. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    553

    st.pierre or hughes


    Bet on st. pierre on this one... his ground work has greatly improved after training with a good friend of mine (5x jiu jitsu world champ).
    cc

  2. New Member
    EESCHMan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    291

    I think this will be a great fight...originally (before the Gracie Fight) I was def. picking GSP.
    Now I think it'll be more competitve, but still lean towards GSP to beat Hughes.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1187

    Hughes.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2268

    I am excited about seeing this fight. I have read that it may take place in Canada which I think benefits GSP.
    At this point, I am leaning towards GSP, but I just want a good fight no matter who wins.
  5. Advanced Member
    jonesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    616
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    421

    you have to bet on hughes until he is beaten.. going to be a good fight thou
  6. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2648

    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboy
    you have to bet on hughes until he is beaten.. going to be a good fight thou
    O.K. since he has been beaten 4 times, I'll take GSP.
  7. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    O.K. since he has been beaten 4 times, I'll take GSP.


    I want to say GSP this time around...but I don't know if it's because I can't stand Matt Hughes or if it's b/c I think GSP has improved that much...
  8. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    553

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas


    I want to say GSP this time around...but I don't know if it's because I can't stand Matt Hughes or if it's b/c I think GSP has improved that much...
    Im telling you his ground game is exponentially better with his new trainer. Good luck to him!
    cc
  9. Registered User
    gresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    185
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    204

    Any idea on when it'll take place???? UFC 62 main event maybe?
  10. Advanced Member
    canadian champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    553

    I know the fight is in september in Las Vegas.
    might be able to find out more.
    cc
  11. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,228
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    8349

    their last match up was awesome. I am a huge fan of both fighters, and WANT GSP to win, however, I think that Hughes will again take him, but by decision. GSP will be the champ one day though..Hughes can only stay on top for so long.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  12. Advanced Member
    jonesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    616
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    421

    george is a bad man. And you can tell his all around game just keeps getting better and better. Yes hughes has lost 4 times before but not to gsp. And no matter what anyone say's having lost to hughes once before has to be a psychological advantage to huges. It will be a darn good fight that is for sure.
  13. Advanced Member
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    559
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    385

    I might be wrong, but isn't Hughes undefeated in the UFC, and has his 4 losses outside of UFC.
  14. Advanced Member
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    559
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    385

    Hughes by tap.
  15. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by PVSkyHigh
    I might be wrong, but isn't Hughes undefeated in the UFC, and has his 4 losses outside of UFC.
    That is incorrect my friend...Hughes lost forever ago at the end of 2000 (something like UFC 29 or 30) and then lost to BJ Penn in the beginning of 2004. Hughes even lost the belt in this bout, but I think Penn had a falling out with the UFC due to signing on with K-1 and he was stripped of the Welterweight belt!
  16. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    10909

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    That is incorrect my friend...Hughes lost forever ago at the end of 2000 (something like UFC 29 or 30) and then lost to BJ Penn in the beginning of 2004. Hughes even lost the belt in this bout, but I think Penn had a falling out with the UFC due to signing on with K-1 and he was stripped of the Welterweight belt!
    Hughes i believe has lost to Dennis hallman twice, pele, Bj Penn. and carlos newton (should have been a draw) he was out as well. Also penn had a fall out for fighting at Rumble at the rock or whatever hawiia promotion he's a part of.

    Anyways long story short GSP's gonna take him out
  17. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Liftalot
    Hughes i believe has lost to Dennis hallman twice, pele, Bj Penn. and carlos newton (should have been a draw) he was out as well.
    Actually, Hughes beat Carlos Newton to win the belt despite having passed out first! I'm not disagreeing that they both went out, but I have seen that fight many many times...Newton put Hughes out and when Hughes fell to the ground unconscious he dropped Newton on his head and he too then went unconscious.

    It was a poor call IMO, but that's the breaks sometimes...anyway, I still say GSP by decsion. His time is due!
  18. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    985

    I think GSP is a great fighter with tremendous potential, however, I think Hughes will win. Sure GSP has improved but it's not as if Hughes has been sitting around scratching his ass. But the funny thing about combat sports is, you can never tell what's going to happen until it does.
  19. New Member
    KDogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    110

    Hughes is at the top of his game so I think he can take GSP.
  20. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by KDogg
    Hughes is at the top of his game so I think he can take GSP.
    This is way off topic,but KDogg...damn that chick in your avatar is bangin' !!!
  21. Hang'n & Bang'n
    sikdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    444

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic
    I think GSP is a great fighter with tremendous potential, however, I think Hughes will win. Sure GSP has improved but it's not as if Hughes has been sitting around scratching his ass. But the funny thing about combat sports is, you can never tell what's going to happen until it does.
  22. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    How can you bet against Hughes. GSP is a good fighter but Hughes is the Champ and is the most dominant guy in the UFC right now. Thats saying a lot with guys like Franklin and Liddell fighting the way they are.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
  2. accusations swarm st.pierre
    By vika808 in forum MMA
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 08:11 PM
  3. Long Awaited Hughes vs St.Pierre
    By NO HYPE in forum MMA
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 10:31 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in