st.pierre or hughes

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Bet on st. pierre on this one... his ground work has greatly improved after training with a good friend of mine (5x jiu jitsu world champ).
cc

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I think this will be a great fight...originally (before the Gracie Fight) I was def. picking GSP.
Now I think it'll be more competitve, but still lean towards GSP to beat Hughes.

size

Awards
  • Established
I am excited about seeing this fight. I have read that it may take place in Canada which I think benefits GSP.
At this point, I am leaning towards GSP, but I just want a good fight no matter who wins.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
you have to bet on hughes until he is beaten.. going to be a good fight thou

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
O.K. since he has been beaten 4 times, I'll take GSP.
:toofunny:

I want to say GSP this time around...but I don't know if it's because I can't stand Matt Hughes or if it's b/c I think GSP has improved that much...

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

I want to say GSP this time around...but I don't know if it's because I can't stand Matt Hughes or if it's b/c I think GSP has improved that much...
Im telling you his ground game is exponentially better with his new trainer. Good luck to him!
cc

gresh

gresh

Awards
Any idea on when it'll take place???? UFC 62 main event maybe?

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I know the fight is in september in Las Vegas.
might be able to find out more.
cc

tattoopierced1

their last match up was awesome. I am a huge fan of both fighters, and WANT GSP to win, however, I think that Hughes will again take him, but by decision. GSP will be the champ one day though..Hughes can only stay on top for so long.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
george is a bad man. And you can tell his all around game just keeps getting better and better. Yes hughes has lost 4 times before but not to gsp. And no matter what anyone say's having lost to hughes once before has to be a psychological advantage to huges. It will be a darn good fight that is for sure.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I might be wrong, but isn't Hughes undefeated in the UFC, and has his 4 losses outside of UFC.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might be wrong, but isn't Hughes undefeated in the UFC, and has his 4 losses outside of UFC.
That is incorrect my friend...Hughes lost forever ago at the end of 2000 (something like UFC 29 or 30) and then lost to BJ Penn in the beginning of 2004. Hughes even lost the belt in this bout, but I think Penn had a falling out with the UFC due to signing on with K-1 and he was stripped of the Welterweight belt!

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
That is incorrect my friend...Hughes lost forever ago at the end of 2000 (something like UFC 29 or 30) and then lost to BJ Penn in the beginning of 2004. Hughes even lost the belt in this bout, but I think Penn had a falling out with the UFC due to signing on with K-1 and he was stripped of the Welterweight belt!
Hughes i believe has lost to Dennis hallman twice, pele, Bj Penn. and carlos newton (should have been a draw) he was out as well. Also penn had a fall out for fighting at Rumble at the rock or whatever hawiia promotion he's a part of.

Anyways long story short GSP's gonna take him out

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hughes i believe has lost to Dennis hallman twice, pele, Bj Penn. and carlos newton (should have been a draw) he was out as well.
Actually, Hughes beat Carlos Newton to win the belt despite having passed out first! I'm not disagreeing that they both went out, but I have seen that fight many many times...Newton put Hughes out and when Hughes fell to the ground unconscious he dropped Newton on his head and he too then went unconscious.

It was a poor call IMO, but that's the breaks sometimes...anyway, I still say GSP by decsion. His time is due!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I think GSP is a great fighter with tremendous potential, however, I think Hughes will win. Sure GSP has improved but it's not as if Hughes has been sitting around scratching his ass. But the funny thing about combat sports is, you can never tell what's going to happen until it does.

KDogg

Awards
Hughes is at the top of his game so I think he can take GSP.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hughes is at the top of his game so I think he can take GSP.
This is way off topic,but KDogg...damn that chick in your avatar is bangin' :jaw: !!!

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I think GSP is a great fighter with tremendous potential, however, I think Hughes will win. Sure GSP has improved but it's not as if Hughes has been sitting around scratching his ass. But the funny thing about combat sports is, you can never tell what's going to happen until it does.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How can you bet against Hughes. GSP is a good fighter but Hughes is the Champ and is the most dominant guy in the UFC right now. Thats saying a lot with guys like Franklin and Liddell fighting the way they are.