Ortiz Vs. Shamrock, Who's going to win? - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: Who's going to win at UFC 61?

Ortiz Vs. Shamrock, Who's going to win?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    eGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    156

    Reputation

    Ortiz Vs. Shamrock, Who's going to win?


    Alright who is going to win at UFC 61 Ortiz or Shamrock? I'm a huge Tito fan so you know my vote.

    eGhost.

  2. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Shamrock doesnt look very good in the ultimate fighter. Ortiz will own him. I think Matt the deaf guy could take Shamrock.
  3. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    Tito will win by either TKO or referee stoppage in second round because Ken Shamrock has too much pride to loose any other way because he wont beat him
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    999

    Reputation

    should be a good matchup. think I may have to pay for this one. glad I didn't pay for the Gracie fight
  5. New Member
    mcgwirefan37's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Shammy is gonna get screwed up. Tito's too good. But thats just my opinion.
  6. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It will most likely be a repeat of their match...I don't see any reason why Shamrock won't leave the ring looking like a truck ran over his face...AGAIN. Tito already owned Shamrock in the ring once and now Tito's in his head too.
  7. New Member
    jantrick2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    116

    Reputation

    titos in shamrocks head and will make a mistake in anger and let tito get the win.
  8. Banned
    LittleMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    LOL...I'm the only one who voted for Ken Shamrock. I really hope he will mess up that prick Tito.Not likely tho.
  9. Registered User
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2150

    Reputation

    I read that Ken had a torn ligament in his knee during the last fight. If this is true, it really isn't a fair indicator of how they match up.
  10. Registered User
    eGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    156

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I read that Ken had a torn ligament in his knee during the last fight. If this is true, it really isn't a fair indicator of how they match up.
    Tito has the torn ligament.
  11. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by eGhost
    Tito has the torn ligament.
    I think Beow is referring to the first match...honestly, I forgot about that, but he's right. Ken did have a pretty badly torn ACL. I still think he may be beyond his time though.
  12. IBE Representative
    JBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    8453

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    It will most likely be a repeat of their match...I don't see any reason why Shamrock won't leave the ring looking like a truck ran over his face...AGAIN. Tito already owned Shamrock in the ring once and now Tito's in his head too.
    Agreed!
  13. Elite Member
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,066
    Rep Power
    2648

    Reputation

    Shamrock. He was dealing with a lot of injuries in the first fight. I think it may look a lot like Shamrock/Fujita minus the gassing.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Sir Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,084
    Rep Power
    1187

    Reputation

    If the Shamrock who fought Fujita shows up, it should be a good match. I think Tito is better on the ground but Shammy has a better stand up. If Tito can get him on the ground, it'll be a repeat of last time. If Shammy can avoid that and use his stand up effectively, he has a good chance of taking it.

    I think Tito will probably take it, though.
  15. New Member
    SuperGYaYa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    103

    Reputation

    Shamrock
  16. Senior Member
    rampage jackson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    753

    Reputation

    Even though it kills me to say it (not a shamrock fan, just hate ortiz)...Tito by ref stoppage. Shammy is old, and hasn't changed his game enough IMO.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  17. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    8349

    Reputation

    shamrock is going to get torn up. I cant believe he is getting in the ring with him after the first fight...even without any injuries this time I think Shamrock should just hang it up.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  18. New Member
    mcgwirefan37's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    I agree shammy don't have enough gas in the tank. Tito will win.
  19. Advanced Member
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    385

    Reputation

    Tito is ****y and arrogant, and Shamrock is a moron. So, I'd like to see them both lose. Tito wins by tap out.
  20. Board Supporter
    Grassroots082's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    632

    Reputation

    I guess I am one of the few that actually like Tito.

    I would venture it will be much like the first fight, assuming Tito is healthy and doesn't gas, which shouldn't be a problem considering Shams will probably have less stamina than him.

    Tito hates Shams too much not to be focused. Ken vs Tito round 2 will look much like round 1 IMO.
  21. New Member
    asap nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    308

    Reputation

    I truly think that Ortiz will win against Shamrock. That is a match I can't wait to see because they have contrasting personalities and they really don't like each other.
  22. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2267

    Reputation

    I hope the fight is like the Shamrock-Fujita fight but I doubt it. Seems to me that Ken Shamrock is done as a fighter. Now, lets get Frank Shamrock back in the ring!
  23. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by size
    lets get Frank Shamrock back in the ring!
    No doubt!. I also think, as much as I hate Tito, that he will obliterate Shamrock.
  24. Hang'n & Bang'n
    sikdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    444

    Reputation

    I don't know why anyone could think Shamrock has a chance... he's a has been and hasn't won a fight in the UFC in how many years?? He's all mouth without the skills to back it up... I'm not a huge Tito fan, but i want him to beat the snot out of ken and shut him up once and for all.
  25. Banned
    BenPoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Shamrock is going to get his ass beat again... (unless he does a ton of crank and kick Tito's knee out early in the fight) Actually he'd still get beat, even though Ortiz didn't look that great against Griffin. After watching TUF 3 though I can say that I love the way that he trains.
  26. Registered User
    mp5man1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    Good thinking, the crack defense could be his only chance.

    Of course he did beat Tito at pool.
    :bruce1:
  27. New Member
    Snipervirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    TUF 3 shows no indication of either fighter's skills. The show is meant to make money so they contrasted both fighters immensely to make it a good show. Shamrock was just made to look bad and Ortiz made to look good because it is the opposite of what was expected.

    Training also doesnt have much effect on the fighters themselves. Some were lazy on Shamrocks team, and Tait should have won his matchup. SO you cant judge them based on TUF.

    Shamrock had a neck injury AND a torn ACL fighting Tito the first time around. He lost because he tripped against Rick Franklin. It was a fight he was doing well in until he fell of course. He knocked out Kimo, who is a well versed fighter as well. The Sakuraba fight was controversial because he DID get back up.

    Tito is not as badly injured as Shamrock. THis is true because first Tito wanted to pull out and then he found out that his injury wasnt that serious so he decided to stay. Ortiz has good conditioning, but who is to say that SHamrock doesnt ahve? Everyone bases conditioning on the fight Shamrock had against Fujita, but that fight was whilst he was injured, and right after he came back from the WWF. He was definetly rusty for that one. For this fight, SHamrock is ready, as is Ortiz. Shamrock changed his fighters up and is training with new people as well. THis fight can go either way, and nothing can change that.
  28. Registered User
    mp5man1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    That's true you really never know for sure until the fights over.
  29. Advanced Member
    Dr Liftalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    10909

    Reputation

    Btw this is ken's retirement fight from a source that trained with a trainning partner of shamrock(reliable source)

    Basically he said from what i gathered that (threw his relationship with ken) i don't want to note due to the fact it could possiblily lead back to my friend(which probably won't care) But anyhow, The reason he's slacking on the show is because this is his retirement fight and he's more focused then ever to go out on a win vs tito, as f-d as that seems to me that he would let his team mates down like that. Thats how it is, one last big payday before retirement.

    Dr liftalot
  30. New Member
    Snipervirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    I agree with you. I think the only reason he even stuck around is because he wants revenge on Tito. You see, he squashed beef with Frye and Ortiz is the only one he hates left.
  31. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2267

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Snipervirus
    he squashed beef with Frye
    That was a fight.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,997
    Rep Power
    917963

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by size
    That was a fight.
    And a hell of a fight too. Shamrock broke both of Frye's ankles.
  33. New Member
    Snipervirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    107

    Reputation

    I thought he had that decision made, but it was an amazing thing to watch. Shamrock, oh man, we havent seen the last of him. Even if he retires, he is going to keep promoting this sport till he dies.
  34. Registered User
    mp5man1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    And a hell of a fight too. Shamrock broke both of Frye's ankles.
    Thatís amazing. Frye was still standing after the fight looking mean as ever.
  35. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Damn, I don't think I've seen this fight. What venue was it from?
  36. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2267

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    Damn, I don't think I've seen this fight. What venue was it from?
    It was in Pride in 2002.
  37. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    525

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by size
    It was in Pride in 2002.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gf_HCrYDdI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  38. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    I found it in its entirety...can you say BRAWL! Went to a split decision, heh.

    Shamrock's face didn't look much better in that one than it did after his fight with Tito.
  39. Registered User
    mp5man1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    I still think Tito will pull it off but I dont think it's going to be easy. Shamrock is putting his life into this fight.
  40. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I can't wait to see the stare down...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who's going to the olympia this year?
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 10:56 PM
  2. Who is going to win UFC? Liddell vs Jackson
    By biggerthantex in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
  4. Who's going to the 2006 Arnold.
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in