Ortiz Vs. Shamrock, Who's going to win?

Who's going to win at UFC 61?

• Tito Ortiz

Votes: 61 75.3%
  • Ken Shamrock

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Big John is going to ***** Slap Both Of Them!

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

eGhost

Awards
Alright who is going to win at UFC 61 Ortiz or Shamrock? I'm a huge Tito fan so you know my vote.

eGhost.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Shamrock doesnt look very good in the ultimate fighter. Ortiz will own him. I think Matt the deaf guy could take Shamrock.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Tito will win by either TKO or referee stoppage in second round because Ken Shamrock has too much pride to loose any other way because he wont beat him

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
should be a good matchup. think I may have to pay for this one. glad I didn't pay for the Gracie fight :D

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Shammy is gonna get screwed up. Tito's too good. But thats just my opinion.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will most likely be a repeat of their match...I don't see any reason why Shamrock won't leave the ring looking like a truck ran over his face...AGAIN. Tito already owned Shamrock in the ring once and now Tito's in his head too.

jantrick2

Awards
titos in shamrocks head and will make a mistake in anger and let tito get the win.

LittleMonster

Banned
Awards
LOL...I'm the only one who voted for Ken Shamrock. I really hope he will mess up that prick Tito.Not likely tho.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I read that Ken had a torn ligament in his knee during the last fight. If this is true, it really isn't a fair indicator of how they match up.

eGhost

Awards
I read that Ken had a torn ligament in his knee during the last fight. If this is true, it really isn't a fair indicator of how they match up.
Tito has the torn ligament.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tito has the torn ligament.
I think Beow is referring to the first match...honestly, I forgot about that, but he's right. Ken did have a pretty badly torn ACL. I still think he may be beyond his time though.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It will most likely be a repeat of their match...I don't see any reason why Shamrock won't leave the ring looking like a truck ran over his face...AGAIN. Tito already owned Shamrock in the ring once and now Tito's in his head too.
Agreed!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Shamrock. He was dealing with a lot of injuries in the first fight. I think it may look a lot like Shamrock/Fujita minus the gassing.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If the Shamrock who fought Fujita shows up, it should be a good match. I think Tito is better on the ground but Shammy has a better stand up. If Tito can get him on the ground, it'll be a repeat of last time. If Shammy can avoid that and use his stand up effectively, he has a good chance of taking it.

I think Tito will probably take it, though.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Even though it kills me to say it (not a shamrock fan, just hate ortiz)...Tito by ref stoppage. Shammy is old, and hasn't changed his game enough IMO.

tattoopierced1

shamrock is going to get torn up. I cant believe he is getting in the ring with him after the first fight...even without any injuries this time I think Shamrock should just hang it up.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I agree shammy don't have enough gas in the tank. Tito will win.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Tito is ****y and arrogant, and Shamrock is a moron. So, I'd like to see them both lose. Tito wins by tap out.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess I am one of the few that actually like Tito.

I would venture it will be much like the first fight, assuming Tito is healthy and doesn't gas, which shouldn't be a problem considering Shams will probably have less stamina than him.

Tito hates Shams too much not to be focused. Ken vs Tito round 2 will look much like round 1 IMO.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
I truly think that Ortiz will win against Shamrock. That is a match I can't wait to see because they have contrasting personalities and they really don't like each other.

size

Awards
  • Established
I hope the fight is like the Shamrock-Fujita fight but I doubt it. Seems to me that Ken Shamrock is done as a fighter. Now, lets get Frank Shamrock back in the ring!

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I don't know why anyone could think Shamrock has a chance... he's a has been and hasn't won a fight in the UFC in how many years?? He's all mouth without the skills to back it up... I'm not a huge Tito fan, but i want him to beat the snot out of ken and shut him up once and for all.

BenPoss

Banned
Awards
Shamrock is going to get his ass beat again... (unless he does a ton of crank and kick Tito's knee out early in the fight) Actually he'd still get beat, even though Ortiz didn't look that great against Griffin. After watching TUF 3 though I can say that I love the way that he trains.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
Good thinking, the crack defense could be his only chance.

Of course he did beat Tito at pool.
:bruce1:

Snipervirus

Awards
TUF 3 shows no indication of either fighter's skills. The show is meant to make money so they contrasted both fighters immensely to make it a good show. Shamrock was just made to look bad and Ortiz made to look good because it is the opposite of what was expected.

Training also doesnt have much effect on the fighters themselves. Some were lazy on Shamrocks team, and Tait should have won his matchup. SO you cant judge them based on TUF.

Shamrock had a neck injury AND a torn ACL fighting Tito the first time around. He lost because he tripped against Rick Franklin. It was a fight he was doing well in until he fell of course. He knocked out Kimo, who is a well versed fighter as well. The Sakuraba fight was controversial because he DID get back up.

Tito is not as badly injured as Shamrock. THis is true because first Tito wanted to pull out and then he found out that his injury wasnt that serious so he decided to stay. Ortiz has good conditioning, but who is to say that SHamrock doesnt ahve? Everyone bases conditioning on the fight Shamrock had against Fujita, but that fight was whilst he was injured, and right after he came back from the WWF. He was definetly rusty for that one. For this fight, SHamrock is ready, as is Ortiz. Shamrock changed his fighters up and is training with new people as well. THis fight can go either way, and nothing can change that.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
That's true you really never know for sure until the fights over.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Btw this is ken's retirement fight from a source that trained with a trainning partner of shamrock(reliable source)

Basically he said from what i gathered that (threw his relationship with ken) i don't want to note due to the fact it could possiblily lead back to my friend(which probably won't care) But anyhow, The reason he's slacking on the show is because this is his retirement fight and he's more focused then ever to go out on a win vs tito, as f-d as that seems to me that he would let his team mates down like that. Thats how it is, one last big payday before retirement.

Dr liftalot

Snipervirus

Awards
I agree with you. I think the only reason he even stuck around is because he wants revenge on Tito. You see, he squashed beef with Frye and Ortiz is the only one he hates left.

Snipervirus

Awards
I thought he had that decision made, but it was an amazing thing to watch. Shamrock, oh man, we havent seen the last of him. Even if he retires, he is going to keep promoting this sport till he dies.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, I don't think I've seen this fight. What venue was it from?

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I still think Tito will pull it off but I dont think it's going to be easy. Shamrock is putting his life into this fight.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't wait to see the stare down...

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I think there is a question if the fight will actually happen on schedule.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IosPHUrOKI&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia] :rofl:

phil216

Awards
  • Established
Shamrock has a punchers chance and that is it. I do not like Tito but he should win pretty easily. Shamrock is just too old, and slow. In his prime I think Shamrock would have beaten him up but that was a long time ago

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I just saw a replay of the first Ortiz vs. Shamrock. Ken looked like the elephant man by the end. He did not seem even remotely on top of his game. He did nothing from the ground. I hope he's been training his ground game, b/c as Ken so eloquently told a couple of his TUF competitors, "Your ground game sucks!"