Rampage vs. The Law

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rampage has signed with the WFA, and will face Matt Lindland. Does anyone think Lindland has a chance? If the same Rampage that fought Yoon dik song(spelled wrong) shows up I think Lindland will stand a good chance. If the old Rampage shows up the Law is in trouble. It'll be cool to see Rampage back in a cage. I gotta go with Rampage. What are your thoughts?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage has signed with the WFA, and will face Matt Lindland. Does anyone think Lindland has a chance? If the same Rampage that fought Yoon dik song(spelled wrong) shows up I think Lindland will stand a good chance. If the old Rampage shows up the Law is in trouble. It'll be cool to see Rampage back in a cage. I gotta go with Rampage. What are your thoughts?
What weight will Rampage and Linland be at?? If Linland is fighting at 205, then Rampage will run through him. I know that Linland has good ground skills, but Rampage is crazy strong. Hopefully, he uses this as a springboard for a rematch with Liddell.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is the WFA?

And why did he leave Pride?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
World Fighting Alliance. If I remember correctly it started 4 years ago, I believe it is run by John Lewis(same guy that Pulver has that nasty overhand left hook knockout against). They had some pretty good fights about 2-3 years ago. Franklin vs. Eastman comes to mind, as well as Trigg vs. Hallman. Anyways I'm not sure why Rampage left Pride, I don't think they were offering him much. Apparently WFA is shelling out some pretty good cash. They are fighting at 205, I just don't know who they will have to fight Rampage after Lindland. They need to do some recruiting. Normally I'd say Rampage vs. Lindland would be a joke, but Rampage has not fought well since his second fight with Silva.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, also on the card is Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman, Lyoto vs. Vernon White, also featuring Ivan Salaverry and Mayhem Miller. Everyone will finally get to see Lyoto fight, against good competition too. For those of you who don't know Lyoto is the guy who knocked out Rich Franklin in Inoke a couple years back. He also whooped up on Stephan Bonnar a few years ago. Damn, now that I think about it Lyoto is the sh*t, he beat BJ Penn about a year ago. Anyways I'm excited this card is shaping up nicely.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Rampage should walk through Lindland but you never know. Matt won't stand and rampage knows he's going to shoot so he should get top position and pound him.

And Lyoto is a good fighter who's beaten some good guys but is relatively unknown due to fighting on smaller promotions. While he did beat Penn it wan't very convincingly and he had a decent weight advantage. WFA has some good fights lined up but what happens after that. There aren't any other good challengers signed up. So Quinton gets pass Matt, then what the WFA doesn't have a solid div as the best fighters are in other promotions. Reminds me of Fujita or Herring going to k-1 and basically obscurity as there's no good competition there.

size

Awards
  • Established
I think Lindland is a seriously underrated fighter b/c he is not flashy at all. However, I do think this is tough for him to go up against such a bigger man. If the odds are right, then Lindland would be my pick, especially when you consider Rampage's time away from fighting.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Rampage hasn't looked very good in his last fights...seemingly, ever since he became "born again."
I hate Lindland's Style, but his last couple fights he looked pretty good. Depending on which Jackson comes out, I'll give the edge to Lindland.

(Rampage used to be one of my favorite fighters).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
(Rampage used to be one of my favorite fighters).
I remember thinking he was a joke the first time that I saw him (not as much in the ring as out of the ring), but he seemed to improve so much with every fight that I found myself looking forward to his matches. He has quite the persona!

I don't know what to think of this matchup due to it being fought at 205...if I can remember Lindland is more of a 185 guy...right?

We all know the old cliche for MMA though: styles make matches...this one should be interesting. Too bad I won't be buying it on PPV.

size

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what to think of this matchup due to it being fought at 205...if I can remember Lindland is more of a 185 guy...right?
One thing I think many people forget about Lindland is his years of wrestling. With those years of experience, come years of being able to cut weight effectively. Now I am not sure at what weight he normally walks around and trains at but I imagine it is more than he fights at.

Note, Lindland is around 6 feet and typically fights at 185. In 2000, he was an olympic silver medlaist in greco roman wrestling at 167pounds.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There are rumors that Bas may fight Kimo, but I doubt it will happen. If it does, everyone will have to buy the PPV. Kimo is definitely fighting just don't know who against.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Oh, on a side note, in the next WFA I'd love to see Rampage against Lyoto, and Mayhem against Salaverry.