Pride OWGP

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Opening round starts tomorrow, who's your pick to win the whole thing? I'm taking Nogueira. I'd like to go with Aleksander, but Barnett is a tough first match, and my head tells me Nogueira.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I'm pickin Cro-Cop. I think that this will be his time to shine. I really hope he doesn't retire if he loses though.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nog is a good pick, along with Cro Cop I think. Either one of those 2 :) If I were a betting man, I would probably take Filipovic

size

Awards
  • Established
I like Nog winning or Mark Hunt. To me, I don't think anyone is going to knockout Hunt but he can be submissioned.

Nog is going to punish Zuluzhino. Aleks vs Barnett is going to be a really good match.

Here are some of the odds for winning the whole tournament:
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira +225
Mark Hunt +400
Aleksander Emelianenko +500
Mirko Filipovic +700
Hidehiko Yoshida +900
Kazuyuki Fujita +1000
Josh Barnett +1100

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will take CroCop. I think he wants to show that he deserves another shot at Fedor.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I like Nog winning or Mark Hunt. To me, I don't think anyone is going to knockout Hunt but he can be submissioned.

Nog is going to punish Zuluzhino. Aleks vs Barnett is going to be a really good match.

Here are some of the odds for winning the whole tournament:
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira +225
Mark Hunt +400
Aleksander Emelianenko +500
Mirko Filipovic +700
Hidehiko Yoshida +900
Kazuyuki Fujita +1000
Josh Barnett +1100
Those are surprising odds. Barnett and Mirko should be at 350 or so.

size

Awards
  • Established
Those are surprising odds. Barnett and Mirko should be at 350 or so.
Well, think about the last fights where some of the weight is pulled from. Mark Hunt beat Mirko on new years eve and he has won 4 straight in Pride. Mirko beat Barnett in there last fight.

However, Barnett would be my long shot money play to win it just b/c his payout is good. :)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Now that its confirmed that Fedor will be in the second round, I'm of course going to have to change my pick. I love Fedor, but I'd almost rather have seen maybe Coleman/Silva as an 8th match, and see how it would play out without Fedor. At the same time there is nothing better then watching Fedor fight, so I'm excited. I hope they give Barnett to Fedor in the second round. That was a great card.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Now that its confirmed that Fedor will be in the second round, I'm of course going to have to change my pick. I love Fedor, but I'd almost rather have seen maybe Coleman/Silva as an 8th match, and see how it would play out without Fedor. At the same time there is nothing better then watching Fedor fight, so I'm excited. I hope they give Barnett to Fedor in the second round. That was a great card.
Redor would be my pick as well. Hopefully with the second round matches Pride puts together the fights we want to see instead of trying to stage fights for the finals. Fedor/Barnett grudge match
Fujita/Hunt should be war
Nog/Werdum good match-up, similar styles, but that can lead to boring fights as well

Nog/Yoshida as Trigg recommended could be interesting but I think Nog dominates.

Crocop would probably murder Yoshida and facing a teammate in Werdum might be unlikely.

As long as the Hunt/Fujita and Fedor/Barnett are made I'd be happy, hell even if it's just the latter match.