Silvia talks about rematch w/ Arlovski

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. I wasn't really trying to make an argument for Gomi's invincibility, and the reason Fedor has shown no weakness is because nobody has been able to exploit whatever weakness he might have up to this point.

    But it's only a matter of time.

    The actual side point that I was trying to make was just this: At their level, any fighter can beat any other fighter on any given day. The first CroCop vs. Randleman fight was kinda what I had in mind. I think CroCop is a vastly superior fighter.... but he went "sleepy-night-night" nonetheless.

    I just watched Fedor vs. CroCop again and I still don't see the argument for Fedor "destroying" Arlovski because he didn't "destroy" CroCop. I think one can solidly make the case that Arlovski belongs in the same upper echelon of fighters as CroCop and Fedor. Having said that, I do think Fedor won the match with CroCop. He dictated the pace and direction of the fight (even though he looked worse at the end), but he didn't "destroy" CroCop.

    Vitor Belfort "destroyed" Wanderlei Silva
    Four years ago, Pedro Rizzo "destroyed" Arlovski
    Chuck Liddell "destroyed" Tito Ortiz
    Georges St. Pierre "destroyed" Sean Sherk

    I still say it's anybody's match with the edge going to Fedor for having faced top quality opposition. "Destroy" Arlovski.... I don't think so...but I would pay GOOD MONEY to see it!!

    Cheers!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jsutter55
    I wasn't really trying to make an argument for Gomi's invincibility, and the reason Fedor has shown no weakness is because nobody has been able to exploit whatever weakness he might have up to this point.

    But it's only a matter of time.

    The actual side point that I was trying to make was just this: At their level, any fighter can beat any other fighter on any given day. The first CroCop vs. Randleman fight was kinda what I had in mind. I think CroCop is a vastly superior fighter.... but he went "sleepy-night-night" nonetheless.

    I just watched Fedor vs. CroCop again and I still don't see the argument for Fedor "destroying" Arlovski because he didn't "destroy" CroCop. I think one can solidly make the case that Arlovski belongs in the same upper echelon of fighters as CroCop and Fedor. Having said that, I do think Fedor won the match with CroCop. He dictated the pace and direction of the fight (even though he looked worse at the end), but he didn't "destroy" CroCop.

    Vitor Belfort "destroyed" Wanderlei Silva
    Four years ago, Pedro Rizzo "destroyed" Arlovski
    Chuck Liddell "destroyed" Tito Ortiz
    Georges St. Pierre "destroyed" Sean Sherk

    I still say it's anybody's match with the edge going to Fedor for having faced top quality opposition. "Destroy" Arlovski.... I don't think so...but I would pay GOOD MONEY to see it!!

    Cheers!
    True i agree anyman can be hurt it just takes the right man,but to say that nobody has exploited his weakness,who will he has fought the top HW's in the world from one of the best submission if not best submission HW,Big Nog dominating all three fights at least up until he got cut in the 2nd fight,To one of the best strikers, cro crop,I think at least in pride he is done showing who has the ability to show any of his weaknesses if he has any(which i have yet to see)on the other hand i think it is AA weaknesses who have not been exploited,Due to the crappy HW class in the ufc,so if any man has to prove something it is AA not Fedor,but i do agree it would still be nice to see them fight,even if Fedor kicks his ass.
    •   
       


  3. Yeah Fedor didn't destroy Crocop, but I think Crocop(and Fedor)would beat Arlovski relatively easily. Crocop would dominate the standup and AA would not be able to take him to the ground. So just because Fedor didn't destroy Crocop doesn't mean he wouldn't handle AA. I just see Fedor landing some lunging blows and then taking AA down, and AA not being able to handle Fedor's brutal ground game. If the fight between AA and Fedor ever occurs I'd like to put down some serious money against these people that beleive in Arlovski so heavily.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Yeah Fedor didn't destroy Crocop, but I think Crocop(and Fedor)would beat Arlovski relatively easily. Crocop would dominate the standup and AA would not be able to take him to the ground. So just because Fedor didn't destroy Crocop doesn't mean he wouldn't handle AA. I just see Fedor landing some lunging blows and then taking AA down, and AA not being able to handle Fedor's brutal ground game. If the fight between AA and Fedor ever occurs I'd like to put down some serious money against these people that beleive in Arlovski so heavily.
    I would be put in the pot for Fedor if they ever fought.

  5. Doesn't it suck that all we can do is speculate? It's too bad the UFC and Pride aren't like the AFC and NFC in the National Football League. Then they would all have to fight each other and we wouldn't have to do the "who would win if Bruce Lee fought Royce Gracie" thing. Ha! Ha!

    Speaking of leagues.... has anybody seen this yet?

    http://www.internationalfightleague.com/

    It's scheduled for April 29th.

    Hmmm... that link isn't breaking any rules is it? I'll check back and edit it out if necessary.

    Cheers!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jsutter55
    Doesn't it suck that all we can do is speculate? It's too bad the UFC and Pride aren't like the AFC and NFC in the National Football League. Then they would all have to fight each other and we wouldn't have to do the "who would win if Bruce Lee fought Royce Gracie" thing. Ha! Ha!

    Speaking of leagues.... has anybody seen this yet?

    http://www.internationalfightleague.com/

    It's scheduled for April 29th.

    Hmmm... that link isn't breaking any rules is it? I'll check back and edit it out if necessary.

    Cheers!
    Yeah, I've seen that and I know Dana wasn't too happy about Pat being one of the coaches.

  7. Wow, I guess we were all kind of wrong, huh.

  8. Yeah... flip over to the Co-main events thread for a crow-eatin'-Arlovski-bashin' good ole time!

    Cheers!

  9. Wow, I guess we were all kind of wrong, huh.
    Yup. When Arlovski hit Sylvia with the huge right I thought it was over. I have no idea how recovered from that shot so fast.
    Then, Arlovski threw that punch from a mile away and got caught.
    Of course now everyone says how Fedor will kill him, but of course Fedor was almost knocked out by Fujita...anyone can be knocked out, it's just who lands the best shot first.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan
    Yup. When Arlovski hit Sylvia with the huge right I thought it was over. I have no idea how recovered from that shot so fast.
    Then, Arlovski threw that punch from a mile away and got caught.
    Of course now everyone says how Fedor will kill him, but of course Fedor was almost knocked out by Fujita...anyone can be knocked out, it's just who lands the best shot first.
    Yes fujita rocked Fedor,but in the next millisecond fedor drops him with a left hook and jumps on him to secure a RNC,so almost knocked out no,rocked for a split second yes.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ripped218
    Yes fujita rocked Fedor,but in the next millisecond fedor drops him with a left hook and jumps on him to secure a RNC,so almost knocked out no,rocked for a split second yes.
    It was the liver kick that made Fujita topple, the hook just helped him fall
    LIVER KICK

    It is always fun to have these discussions but as we all know, in the professional world of fighting anyone can put anyone down with the right punch or kick. With that said, my pick will always be Fedor until someone proves me wrong.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by size
    It was the liver kick that made Fujita topple, the hook just helped him fall
    LIVER KICK

    It is always fun to have these discussions but as we all know, in the professional world of fighting anyone can put anyone down with the right punch or kick. With that said, my pick will always be Fedor until someone proves me wrong.
    agreed. fedor is ridiculous.

  13. ARlovski has a glass chin, it was evident in his fight with Rizzo and even in his first fight with Datsik. Andrei did walk into the punch like Lawler did with Diaz thus amplifying the effect but the fact remains he has a weak chin. Sylvia's chin is obviously a lot better and thus it is stupid to fight another solid striker when you're chin is much weaker. Arlovski would dominate Tim on the ground and should have taken it there instead of banging with Tim. He had a poor gameplan and it cost him.

    Fedor on the other hand knows his opponents' weaknesses and executes a gameplan accordingly. This is why he doesn't lose. Look at the Crocop fight. If you watch Mirko's k-1 fights he doesn't do well when he's pressured, but likes to trade shots. Crocop has a good takedown defense so you can't jsut shoot in without setting it up. The Coleman fight proved this. So Fedor pressed Mirko and kept him backpedaling taking Mirko out of his game. He dominated the fight and Crocop was lost after the first round. Fedor fights intelligently and is why he is so dominate.

    Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    ARlovski has a glass chin, it was evident in his fight with Rizzo and even in his first fight with Datsik. Andrei did walk into the punch like Lawler did with Diaz thus amplifying the effect but the fact remains he has a weak chin. Sylvia's chin is obviously a lot better and thus it is stupid to fight another solid striker when you're chin is much weaker. Arlovski would dominate Tim on the ground and should have taken it there instead of banging with Tim. He had a poor gameplan and it cost him.

    Fedor on the other hand knows his opponents' weaknesses and executes a gameplan accordingly. This is why he doesn't lose. Look at the Crocop fight. If you watch Mirko's k-1 fights he doesn't do well when he's pressured, but likes to trade shots. Crocop has a good takedown defense so you can't jsut shoot in without setting it up. The Coleman fight proved this. So Fedor pressed Mirko and kept him backpedaling taking Mirko out of his game. He dominated the fight and Crocop was lost after the first round. Fedor fights intelligently and is why he is so dominate.

    Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.
    The best post i have seen so far.

  15. Well, Arlovski is overrated.
    His chin is definitely suspect. He got KTFO by one punch from Datsik and Rizzo. Then Ricco got a ref stop in the mount iirc. The punch that Arlovski took from Sylvia didn't look that hard but he dropped pretty easily.

    As for Fedor, the Pride champ's judo credentials and performance in MMA far surpasses anything Arlovski has on the ground.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    ...Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

    I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by sikdogg
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

    I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.
    Every fighter thinks that he'll eventually catch his opponent and knock him out... I don't want to take anything away from Silvia cuz i think he's a good fighter and a win is a win, i just think his win wasn't about planning as much as it was Arlovski getting sloppy. Can't wait for the re-match...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Haha, talk about a Met-Rx cocktail
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 12:56 PM
  2. Talk about no luck
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 11:44 PM
  3. dayum, talk about beastly
    By Newb017 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Log in
Log in