Silvia talks about rematch w/ Arlovski

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Hang'n & Bang'n
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.2%

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    ...Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sikdogg
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.
  3. Hang'n & Bang'n
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.2%

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.
    Every fighter thinks that he'll eventually catch his opponent and knock him out... I don't want to take anything away from Silvia cuz i think he's a good fighter and a win is a win, i just think his win wasn't about planning as much as it was Arlovski getting sloppy. Can't wait for the re-match...
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Haha, talk about a Met-Rx cocktail
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 12:56 PM
  2. Talk about "potentially" good news.
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 03:32 PM
  3. Former NFL Player talks about past steroid use
    By PastorofMuppets in forum News and Articles