Silvia talks about rematch w/ Arlovski

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jsutter55
    Doesn't it suck that all we can do is speculate? It's too bad the UFC and Pride aren't like the AFC and NFC in the National Football League. Then they would all have to fight each other and we wouldn't have to do the "who would win if Bruce Lee fought Royce Gracie" thing. Ha! Ha!

Speaking of leagues.... has anybody seen this yet?

http://www.internationalfightleague.com/

It's scheduled for April 29th.

Hmmm... that link isn't breaking any rules is it? I'll check back and edit it out if necessary.

Cheers!
    Yeah, I've seen that and I know Dana wasn't too happy about Pat being one of the coaches.

2. Wow, I guess we were all kind of wrong, huh.
    •   

3. Yeah... flip over to the Co-main events thread for a crow-eatin'-Arlovski-bashin' good ole time!

Cheers!

4. Wow, I guess we were all kind of wrong, huh.
    Yup. When Arlovski hit Sylvia with the huge right I thought it was over. I have no idea how recovered from that shot so fast.
    Then, Arlovski threw that punch from a mile away and got caught.
    Of course now everyone says how Fedor will kill him, but of course Fedor was almost knocked out by Fujita...anyone can be knocked out, it's just who lands the best shot first.

5. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan
    Yup. When Arlovski hit Sylvia with the huge right I thought it was over. I have no idea how recovered from that shot so fast.
    Then, Arlovski threw that punch from a mile away and got caught.
    Of course now everyone says how Fedor will kill him, but of course Fedor was almost knocked out by Fujita...anyone can be knocked out, it's just who lands the best shot first.
    Yes fujita rocked Fedor,but in the next millisecond fedor drops him with a left hook and jumps on him to secure a RNC,so almost knocked out no,rocked for a split second yes.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ripped218
    Yes fujita rocked Fedor,but in the next millisecond fedor drops him with a left hook and jumps on him to secure a RNC,so almost knocked out no,rocked for a split second yes.
    It was the liver kick that made Fujita topple, the hook just helped him fall
    LIVER KICK

It is always fun to have these discussions but as we all know, in the professional world of fighting anyone can put anyone down with the right punch or kick. With that said, my pick will always be Fedor until someone proves me wrong.

7. Quote Originally Posted by size
    It was the liver kick that made Fujita topple, the hook just helped him fall
    LIVER KICK

It is always fun to have these discussions but as we all know, in the professional world of fighting anyone can put anyone down with the right punch or kick. With that said, my pick will always be Fedor until someone proves me wrong.
    agreed. fedor is ridiculous.

8. ARlovski has a glass chin, it was evident in his fight with Rizzo and even in his first fight with Datsik. Andrei did walk into the punch like Lawler did with Diaz thus amplifying the effect but the fact remains he has a weak chin. Sylvia's chin is obviously a lot better and thus it is stupid to fight another solid striker when you're chin is much weaker. Arlovski would dominate Tim on the ground and should have taken it there instead of banging with Tim. He had a poor gameplan and it cost him.

Fedor on the other hand knows his opponents' weaknesses and executes a gameplan accordingly. This is why he doesn't lose. Look at the Crocop fight. If you watch Mirko's k-1 fights he doesn't do well when he's pressured, but likes to trade shots. Crocop has a good takedown defense so you can't jsut shoot in without setting it up. The Coleman fight proved this. So Fedor pressed Mirko and kept him backpedaling taking Mirko out of his game. He dominated the fight and Crocop was lost after the first round. Fedor fights intelligently and is why he is so dominate.

Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    ARlovski has a glass chin, it was evident in his fight with Rizzo and even in his first fight with Datsik. Andrei did walk into the punch like Lawler did with Diaz thus amplifying the effect but the fact remains he has a weak chin. Sylvia's chin is obviously a lot better and thus it is stupid to fight another solid striker when you're chin is much weaker. Arlovski would dominate Tim on the ground and should have taken it there instead of banging with Tim. He had a poor gameplan and it cost him.

Fedor on the other hand knows his opponents' weaknesses and executes a gameplan accordingly. This is why he doesn't lose. Look at the Crocop fight. If you watch Mirko's k-1 fights he doesn't do well when he's pressured, but likes to trade shots. Crocop has a good takedown defense so you can't jsut shoot in without setting it up. The Coleman fight proved this. So Fedor pressed Mirko and kept him backpedaling taking Mirko out of his game. He dominated the fight and Crocop was lost after the first round. Fedor fights intelligently and is why he is so dominate.

Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.
    The best post i have seen so far.

10. Well, Arlovski is overrated.
    His chin is definitely suspect. He got KTFO by one punch from Datsik and Rizzo. Then Ricco got a ref stop in the mount iirc. The punch that Arlovski took from Sylvia didn't look that hard but he dropped pretty easily.

As for Fedor, the Pride champ's judo credentials and performance in MMA far surpasses anything Arlovski has on the ground.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    ...Congrats to Tim and the Miletich camp, they recognized Arlovski's weakness and executed a gameplan accordingly.
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.

12. Quote Originally Posted by sikdogg
    Are you kidding?? Silvia just got rocked and was in survival mode when he caught Arlovski with that punch... That was more luck than execution of a gameplan. Their fight was way too short to make that kind of claim...

I think Arlovski has great tools in his arsenal but his weak chin would get him KO'd pretty quick if he ever fought the likes of CroCop or Fedor.
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.

13. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz
    Of course it was a lucky punch but Tim said if they stood he would eventually catch Andrei and he did. This fight was 3 times longer than the first and perhaps still too short. But Andrei should have tried taking it to the ground. Arvloski is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC's hw div but he should fight more intelligently.
    Every fighter thinks that he'll eventually catch his opponent and knock him out... I don't want to take anything away from Silvia cuz i think he's a good fighter and a win is a win, i just think his win wasn't about planning as much as it was Arlovski getting sloppy. Can't wait for the re-match...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Haha, talk about a Met-Rx cocktail
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:56 AM
  2. Talk about no luck
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 10:44 PM
  3. dayum, talk about beastly
    By Newb017 in forum General Chat