Is the Hughes vs Gracie fight still on 3-4?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jsutter55
    Well ripped218, here is where our difference of opinion ends.

You and I are in the same tent on this one.

I can't claim to know much about Royce's recent fighting history. The last time I saw him fight, I think he quit on his stool in a PRIDE match against Yoshida.

(If anyone saw that match, please feel free to correct me).

He was wearing a gi and he looked like he was about to pass out. I think Hughes will be in his usual great condition and I can't imagine that Royce will wear a gi for this match. I know there are one or two really, really, minor advantages to wearing a gi (sweat absorption for submission attempts, ability to choke with sleeves.. to name a couple) but the DISadvantages are numerous in most cases.

I think Hughes will handle him easily.

But don't forget.... I picked Arlovski over Sylvia!

Cheers!
    That was probably Saku/Royce that you saw. Royce actually pretty much dominated Yoshida(a 220 pound judo gold medalist!). With that said Royce has a decent chance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MadJimF
    If matt hughes fights, I think he will lose, but I see matt backing out, making it a non champ fight or getting sick or something.
    Wow, you think Matt Hughes is gonna back out. What's the logic behind that?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Not sure if it even has a weight class. However, Hughes walks around in 190-200lbs.
    They're fighting at 170/welterweight. They're about the same walk-around weight. It's UFC, weight classes are a must.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    They're fighting at 170/welterweight. They're about the same walk-around weight. It's UFC, weight classes are a must.
    Yes but they do not have to make weight and can still fight. Remember Hughes vs Riggs. Riggs did not make weight and still faught.

5. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Yes but they do not have to make weight and can still fight. Remember Hughes vs Riggs. Riggs did not make weight and still faught.
    Yeah, you're right, I wonder what the limit is. Could you be 15 pounds heavier if your opponent agrees to it? I wonder if it will just be at 185, that would make sense.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Maybe Royce has decent standup? It would'nt be the first time that someone with supposed poor standup was suprisingly effective.
    Gracie will not stand. He will go for take down after take down.

7. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Gracie will not stand. He will go for take down after take down.
    But there is no way in hell Gracie will succeed with the take down unless Hughes wants to go down,Gracies takedowns are less than desirable.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 02:25 PM
  2. Why is AM still on the arginine bandwagon?
    By iForce in forum Supplements
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 05:16 PM