The winner, and STILL Light heavyweight champ....

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Freakin Liddel. Overall, pretty entertaining fight card. Was sad to see Randy retire, but it was time. He got his ass WHOOPED. And to all those who said Chuck couldn't defend randy's takedowns...:trout: :D

Other than that..
Couldn't believe Mir lost like that. Would like to have seen what would have happened without the cut.

tattoopierced1

figured Mir would lose..he's been out a while....

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
figured Mir would lose..he's been out a while....
yeah, I didn't think he would be as good as he used to be, with the leg injury, but the guy he was fighting had only had 1 other mma fight. Mir got cut early and had blood in his eyes most of the time. His face looked loike somebody just popped his cherry.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Couture said he wasn't going compete in the octagon anymore but his statement doesn't preclude him from competing in Pride.

Retiring could be a way to get out of his UFC contract.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Goddamn it. I wanted Couture to take back the belt.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Since Couture doesn't have the title and is free from UFC, he could face Silva. That matchup couldn't happened because UFC-Pride were competing promotions.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Since Couture doesn't have the title and is free from UFC, he could face Silva. That matchup couldn't happened because UFC-Pride were competing promotions.
Chuck did it. He came out with the belt, a UFC shirt, and to UFC music. Dana and Randy even did commentary.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chuck did it. He came out with the belt, a UFC shirt, and to UFC music. Dana and Randy even did commentary.
Wearing the belt?

Chuck wasn't the LHW champ and just lost to Couture when he entered the 2003 PrideGP.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Guess you're right. I'm probably thinking of Randy wearing the belt sometime during the broadcast.

502 Country Boy

Awards
Chuck is on top of his game right now. Put Chuck in with Rampage next and lets see if Chuck can avenge that first loss. Or if Rampage can powerbomb/headbutt him into oblivion/

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Chuck is on top of his game right now. Put Chuck in with Rampage next and lets see if Chuck can avenge that first loss. Or if Rampage can powerbomb/headbutt him into oblivion/
This I would love to see. That would be a kick ass fight!

delta314

Awards
  • Established
If Randy goes to Pride, he'll need more than a Fizogen strap to save his ass...:run:

PH3

Awards
I Like Chuck,, He's Been Proven To Be A Real Fighter,, Chuck Will Fight Anywhere,, Unlike Randy Who Won't Fight In The Ring,, Im Glad Chuck Won,, And I Was Expecting That Too