Whatever happend to....

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.25%

Whatever happend to....

Diego Sanchez I think he has a match coming up soon but where has he been. After he won Spike show he just kinda disappeared.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

He's actually had a few fights. I only know this because I'm watching for the fight where someone smashes in his punk mouth. His only "test" was against Nic Diaz a few months ago. He won on deciscion and only proved that he ain't ****. He couldn't close on a mediocre guy and lost some of his hype as a result.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    He's actually had a few fights. I only know this because I'm watching for the fight where someone smashes in his punk mouth. His only "test" was against Nic Diaz a few months ago. He won on deciscion and only proved that he ain't ****. He couldn't close on a mediocre guy and lost some of his hype as a result.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for Diego to get his face pounded in too. It's funny that Chris Leben, who didn't even win that show has fought the most legit guys, and is winning decisively. I think he's the best fighter to come out of that whole show.

Soon as Diego steps it up he's going to lose big time. I think Diaz was a good opponent, but that was a bad style matchup. Soon as Diego fights Sherk, Trigg, GSP, Hughes, Miller, etc he'll get killed imo. In fact I hope he fights Sherk (my fav fighter), and gets ground and pounded into oblivion.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Diego destroyed diaz, just my opinion, untill he does get his face smashed I think hes a awesome fighter.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.31%

Wow a lot of hate for Diego. Not a big fan, but I thought he did very well against Diaz, who imho is a very good up and coming fighter. His ground game is very strong, but i would of course like to see him up against some tougher guys.

As for Diaz, I know he talks ****, but it brings a little something extra to the game
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

He's fighting John Alessio at UFC 58 I think. Should'nt be much of a test for him. Diego's a pretty damn good fighter, determined as hell. I don't like the guy much though. I loved it when Stephan Bonnar verbally destroyed him on TUF1.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

Quote Originally Posted by fbxdan
    In fact I hope he fights Sherk (my fav fighter), and gets ground and pounded into oblivion.
    What's going on with Sherk? Is he still fighting?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

Go ahead and neg rep me whoever you are because I don't like Diego and think he's part of Dana's hype machine. He won his only "test" thus far by decision and didn't do any damage to Diaz at all. Until he beats a real name convincingly, he's going to get criticized. People do it to Arlovski, and they're doing it to these TUF guys. Deal with it. The kid talks too much **** for what little he's actually done.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    What's going on with Sherk? Is he still fighting?
    I'm sure he is. He lost to GSP, but let's face it, GSP is a level above everyone else in that division. So that makes Sherk's only two losses to GSP and Hughes. Supposedly the UFC is opening back up their 155 division, so who knows maybe he'll go down there. I don't think he could cut that much weight though, he's a powerhouse and shredded. To get down to that weight he'd have to lose some muscle mass. I hope people don't count him out yet, he's a force to be reckoned with. I gotta root for the short man.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.31%

Whoever is negging me, thats gay as ****. We're talking about fighters for the love of god. So gay
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

Quote Originally Posted by GoFast
    Whoever is negging me, thats gay as ****. We're talking about fighters for the love of god. So gay
    We disagreed, but it wasn't me. Have a few back on me.
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Diego destroyed diaz, just my opinion, untill he does get his face smashed I think hes a awesome fighter.
    Not sure what you were watching but he did not destroy him. Yes he is a good fighter but doesnt undertsand that he got the easy road into the UFC. Most of the guys first fight comes on a 3 week notice or less as a fill in. If they do good (which they are not expected to) then you will see them more often. If not, then you never hear of again.

Diego needs to get butch slapped then we will see his true skills.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    Not sure what you were watching but he did not destroy him. Yes he is a good fighter but doesnt undertsand that he got the easy road into the UFC. Most of the guys first fight comes on a 3 week notice or less as a fill in. If they do good (which they are not expected to) then you will see them more often. If not, then you never hear of again.

Diego needs to get butch slapped then we will see his true skills.
    With that simple statement, Someone neg rep me, What a petty display. Diego rules mwuahahah hes the best, who gives a f&^K, just a conversation. Clearly DIaz got his ass handed to him, as a fighter myself I know what im saying, but you are also entitled to your opinion.
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    With that simple statement, Someone neg rep me, What a petty display. Diego rules mwuahahah hes the best, who gives a f&^K, just a conversation. Clearly DIaz got his ass handed to him, as a fighter myself I know what im saying, but you are also entitled to your opinion.
    Im not sure who neg. repped you and I dont think it was called for. It really doesnt matter to me if you fight or not, I still compete myself, and dont think he got his ass handed to him. Just my opinion, and I do think if it happened again, Diaz would knock him out. With contrasting styles, you never know. In the fight, Sanchez was the only one who was stunned, Diaz didnt capitalize, and that caused him to lose. Anyways, you are right, you have your thoughts, and I do mine. The neg rep, might have been a bit much for your statement though.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

this is getting recockulous
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

I was just neg repped too by somewhatgifted. I have no idea why...
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.1%

Dude Sean Sherk is a joke at 170. He is 5'6 and he is too small to be competing at 170. He needs to hope for a lightweight division ressurection and cut to 155. He would be a FORCE at 155.

Whoever says Diego proved he is horrible in that decision with Diaz, you are crazy dude, do you know ANYTHING about MMA? That was a classic mat war and Diego proved he had pretty solid grappling in that fight. Diego isn't good enough to compete with Hughes, BJ or GSP yet...but I say lets throw him in there with the test for all Welterweights and see how he does (Frank Trigg) my guess is he would beat him.

Diaz lost to Diego because of the weight difference. Diaz is another guy who will never do anything at 170 because all the fighters are just simply to big at 170.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.28%

Quote Originally Posted by 502 Country Boy
    Dude Sean Sherk is a joke at 170. He is 5'6 and he is too small to be competing at 170. He needs to hope for a lightweight division ressurection and cut to 155. He would be a FORCE at 155.

Whoever says Diego proved he is horrible in that decision with Diaz, you are crazy dude, do you know ANYTHING about MMA? That was a classic mat war and Diego proved he had pretty solid grappling in that fight. Diego isn't good enough to compete with Hughes, BJ or GSP yet...but I say lets throw him in there with the test for all Welterweights and see how he does (Frank Trigg) my guess is he would beat him.

Diaz lost to Diego because of the weight difference. Diaz is another guy who will never do anything at 170 because all the fighters are just simply to big at 170.
    Sherk is no joke at 170 bro. Just because he's 5'6" doesn't mean he can't fight. Hell, he gave your boy Hughes one hell of a close fight. Did you see when he picked up hughes, walked him across the octagon and slammed him? SICK! At 155 though, he would do much better. I think he'd dominate
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.87%

Sherk is a joke at 170. Riiiight.

28-2, with those two losses (barely) coming from probably the top two welterweights in the world.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whatever happened to Fadogia Agrestis?
    By chainsaw in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
  2. What happend to the Bulk Cissus?
    By lbarber in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 06:50 PM
  3. What happend to my thead?
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 02:29 AM
  4. something weird happend to me