UFC vs Pride

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG

Yeah because there are only 3 names of note after 13 years- Uno, Kondo and Sudo. All of whom came from Shooto, Pancrase and Rings.
    You continually show your stupidity and shortsidedness. I am not even sure if you watch pride closes, because some from pride have fought in the UFC as well.

Ever hear of a guy called TK? Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

He actually won over a guy name Fedor Emilienko (you ever hear of fedor? They just rematched and fedor cleaned his record up. TK was in the UFC

-----------------------------------
    Here is a short list of more Japanese figthters that recently fought in UFC - all i can say for you is you are clueless and biased (two things that dont go well together

Keigo Kunihara -UFC 55
    Koji Oishi - 53 - remember this was the idiot that came from shooto and thought he could block punches with both hands.
    Jutaro Nakao
    Daiju Takase

Hayato "Mach" Sakurai - maybe you have seen this guy in prides bushido.. 2 4 5 7 and 9 (you dont think sakurai is good? clueless)

Enson "Yamato Damashi" Inoue

You saying Enson is not good??

-------------------------------

REMEMBER UFC JAPAN? I bet you were not old enough to watch it at the time.
    Yoji "Mr. 200%" Anjo
    Kazushi Sakuraba - ever hear of this guy. he fought in the UFC japan (two times)

I can see you obviously think Kazushi isnt good.

Obviously you dont think any of those list of japanese fighters are very good or your just stupid and biased. Its one of the two.
    --------------------------------------------

I personally like more knockouts, more submissions and less draws - quicker matches with a concrete decision. Here are some stats for you and why I think the UFC is better.

Ultimate Fighting Championships

Finishing Method Statistics
    Total Matches = 528
    Percentage Submission = 34.47
    Percentage KO/TKO = 40.53
    Percentage Decision = 22.35
    Other (Drawn, NCs, or Unknown) = 2.65

PRIDE Fighting Championships

Finishing Method Statistics
    Total Matches = 458
    Percentage Submission = 29.48
    Percentage KO/TKO = 35.59
    Percentage Decision = 31.22
    Other (Drawn, NCs, or Unknown) = 3.71

So with a close amount of fight each organization put on, UFC delivers a better percentage of knockouts, more subbmions, less decisions, and less draws...

ALSO ... in the non decision fights... its the same.

UFC
    ENDING ROUND FIGHTS
    1 300
    2 64
    3 29
    4 5
    5 1

PRIDE
    LENGTH OF NON DECISION FIGHTS
    ENDING ROUND FIGHTS
    1 244
    2 42
    3 15
    6 2

You can clearly see, that even though prides first round is 10 minutes long, and UFC is only 5... the fights in the UFC end more quickly in the first round, than they do in pride, which for me, makes them more exciting.

Seriously ... I thought I could have a convo with someone that is knowledgeable and not too biased. I understand that we are all here to talk and some to argue, but stop being so anal.

2. Amen to that!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Chill, guys.

You're covering good ground here. Disagree without being so disagreeable.
    fair enough... i do get angry with people who i think are biased but yet dont point out the facts.

I personally like both organizations alot. Its hard to pick between the two in my mind.

i will be nice

4. Fair enough. I missed alot of Japanese names but the fact remains that recently there are hardly any Japanese competitors coming over in recent years. Oishi and Kunihara are just above can level. UFC never promoted Sudo properly when he around anyway. Some of Sudo's exciting fights were dark matches and not always shown. His match with Mike Brown showed a totally empty venue in camera shots since his match was one of the earliest ones on the card.

Drawing conclusions from fight endings don't tell the whole story. You can have tons of stoppages but the level of competition may be very poor and not worth watching like toughman events. UFC has consistently put out bad events filled with no-names and mis-matches for the past year, whether or not the matches go to the decision or ippon does not make it better. Perhaps for TUF noobs, seeing wild flailing is very good entertainment and excellent fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by ghpink6
    fair enough... i do get angry with people who i think are biased but yet dont point out the facts.

I personally like both organizations alot. Its hard to pick between the two in my mind.

i will be nice
    Yes you get overly emotional and start using terms like idiot when you get exposed and cannot answer my points intelligently.

I'm hardly biased and actually prefer the UFC of old a bit more when they had good champions and good competitive cards. But the fact of the matter is Pride simply blows away the UFC at this point.

Take a look at the upcoming UFC57 card. It is just as bad if not worse as the previous UFC cards for the past year. The only good fight being the rematch between Liddell and Couture.

The only prudent thing to do is give UFC a pass and save your dollars for the excellent Pride NYE event.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    Fair enough. I missed alot of Japanese names but the fact remains that recently there are hardly any Japanese competitors coming over in recent years. Oishi and Kunihara are just above can level. UFC never promoted Sudo properly when he around anyway. Some of Sudo's exciting fights were dark matches and not always shown. His match with Mike Brown showed a totally empty venue in camera shots since his match was one of the earliest ones on the card.

Drawing conclusions from fight endings don't tell the whole story. You can have tons of stoppages but the level of competition may be very poor and not worth watching like toughman events. UFC has consistently put out bad events filled with no-names and mis-matches for the past year, whether or not the matches go to the decision or ippon does not make it better. Perhaps for TUF noobs, seeing wild flailing is very good entertainment and excellent fighting.

Yes you get overly emotional and start using terms like idiot when you get exposed and cannot answer my points intelligently.

I'm hardly biased and actually prefer the UFC of old a bit more when they had good champions and good competitive cards. But the fact of the matter is Pride simply blows away the UFC at this point.

Take a look at the upcoming UFC57 card. It is just as bad if not worse as the previous UFC cards for the past year. The only good fight being the rematch between Liddell and Couture.

The only prudent thing to do is give UFC a pass and save your dollars for the excellent Pride NYE event.
    I can answer your points intelligently, but you can't read sometimes. You are either skimming over what I say, or you just dont read it. That is why I was calling you idiot.

The first message you sent, I made a point that you cannot compare "this guy 1 beats guy 2, guy 2 beats guy 3, so guy 1 can beat 3.

You cant do that, and then you make a reply basically saying "why not look at wanderlie now... what do you expect dude.. read...

Also about the UFC...
    im just not feeling ya

With the addition of BJ penn. He got the boot from the UFC after he won over matt hughes (he finally made hughes lose his 5 time title defense) He was fighting with Dana white, and now they let him back in....... they will probably match up ...

georges st pierre
    bj penn
    matt hughes

in some type of matches, I cant wait!!

Also with tito being kicked out of the UFC and now be allowed to re-enter... he said he was the reason why UFC became successful and wanted more cash for matches. He got the boot.

He claimed he would start his own organization and now not only is he back in the UFC, but he is a coach on TUF with ken shamrock, someone who hates him with a passion and tito and dana white were fighting constantly.

This should be a great series, that leads up to a rematch with ken shamrock vs tito.

Then there is Couture and liddell 3 and frank mir is going to get beat up by andrei orlovski!!

In my eyes, its the most exciting time in UFC
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ghpink6
    I can answer your points intelligently, but you can't read sometimes. You are either skimming over what I say, or you just dont read it. That is why I was calling you idiot.

The first message you sent, I made a point that you cannot compare "this guy 1 beats guy 2, guy 2 beats guy 3, so guy 1 can beat 3.
    You cant do that, and then you make a reply basically saying "why not look at wanderlie now... what do you expect dude.. read...
    Also about the UFC...
    im just not feeling ya

With the addition of BJ penn. He got the boot from the UFC after he won over matt hughes (he finally made hughes lose his 5 time title defense) He was fighting with Dana white, and now they let him back in....... they will probably match up ...
    georges st pierre
    bj penn
    matt hughes

in some type of matches, I cant wait!!
    Also with tito being kicked out of the UFC and now be allowed to re-enter... he said he was the reason why UFC became successful and wanted more cash for matches. He got the boot.
    This should be a great series, that leads up to a rematch with ken shamrock vs tito.

Then there is Couture and liddell 3 and frank mir is going to get beat up by andrei orlovski!!

In my eyes, its the most exciting time in UFC
    Well you can't read also. I never skimmed though and made my points succinctly.
    Didn't you made these statements:-
    "UFC has by far the better fighters than Pride"
    "most of all moves and techniques are developed, its in the UFC"
    "UFC has better technique"
    Yes, Belfort and Tito beating but Wandy has obviously improved so much in Pride even competing with Crocop and Hunt. And besides Rampage KOed Liddell more recently.

Tito was right about making UFC famous. Even Dana was forced to take him back.

BJ Penn and Tito cannot automatically transform UFC and make it good. The card for UFC57 is total crap with just one good main event. UFC has gone the way of boxing with lackluster and boring undercards. I suppose this business model is more profitable.

The comparison imo is pointless. Pride simply has the better higher quality fighters and putting out better events nowadays.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    Well you can't read also. I never skimmed though and made my points succinctly.
    Didn't you made these statements:-
    "UFC has by far the better fighters than Pride"
    "most of all moves and techniques are developed, its in the UFC"
    "UFC has better technique"
    Yes, Belfort and Tito beating but Wandy has obviously improved so much in Pride even competing with Crocop and Hunt. And besides Rampage KOed Liddell more recently.

Tito was right about making UFC famous. Even Dana was forced to take him back.

BJ Penn and Tito cannot automatically transform UFC and make it good. The card for UFC57 is total crap with just one good main event. UFC has gone the way of boxing with lackluster and boring undercards. I suppose this business model is more profitable.

The comparison imo is pointless. Pride simply has the better higher quality fighters and putting out better events nowadays.
    sigh ... clueless Yes this is pointless talking with you. I agree

8. If its so pointless why do you keep responding?

Nearly everyone here would agree that Pride has the better fighters and put on the more entertaining event by far.

9. Didn't feel like reading through 4 pages of posts so I apologize if this has been said already. There needs to be a UFC vs. Pride ppv. I think UFC would take it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by blahblah192
    Didn't feel like reading through 4 pages of posts so I apologize if this has been said already. There needs to be a UFC vs. Pride ppv. I think UFC would take it.
    That would make a great Bushido

11. who's renting pride tommorow? I know I am.

12. Quote Originally Posted by blahblah192
    Didn't feel like reading through 4 pages of posts so I apologize if this has been said already. There needs to be a UFC vs. Pride ppv. I think UFC would take it.

The rules of each are different. It's hard for the fighters to switch back and forth.

Personally, I love all MMA events. They all have their pros and cons with respect to rules. I agree that this year will be very exciting for UFC. The reality show should be especially entertaining. All fighters at that level have my respect (personalities aside) for their talents.

One thing that I can say for UFC is that they are bringing MMA to the general public. Having free fights and the reality series was a great marketing strategy for their organization. I just hope that it doesn't backfire in the media.

13. For me, Pride > UFC

14. I got a big kick out of Fedor's fight Vs the 340lbs Zulu guy. He had no business being in that ring.

I was really dissapointed to see Mark Hunt beat Cro-Cop. I think Cro-Cop needs to learn to wear away at his opponent instead of looking for the KO all match. I must say I was impressed that Hunt took some of those blows without hitting the mat though.

Silvia vs Arona was a good match, I'm kind of glad Silvia won after the way Arona acted during the last match. I'm not a huge fan of Arona's defensive style - I was glad to see Silvia come out full of piss and vinegar.

15. Silvia vs Arona was a good match, I'm kind of glad Silvia won after the way Arona acted during the last match. I'm not a huge fan of Arona's defensive style - I was glad to see Silvia come out full of piss and vinegar.
    Brazilians take that team rivelry thing hardcore. Chute Boxe and BTT are always going at it

16. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I'm gonna pray that you're kidding. The scary thing is some people actually believe that. These same people also believe that Cris Angel 'MINDFREEK' is actually levetating people.
    ok first there is a reason some people think that of bruce and dont ever compare him to some magic trick guy? Do your research on bruce on how he could bench 300 or more weighing 135. (bruces actual fight history) im a huge fan of ufc but when u compare alot of how fast those fighters punch to bruce they wouldnt have time touch him.

17. Arlovski has some great boxing & all, but he gets knocked out by a strong wind these days.

I think Pride did have a better production, more epic intro's and great match ups. Their female announcer who sounded like the female German side kick to Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers movies was sick too. Pride certainly has an unforgettable legacy of reputed fighters. However,....

I'd always sided with Pride until recently. I think Pride's hay-day of open weight fighters outclass the UFC's HW's in terms of technical talent, but when considering all the other elements of freakish size, weight, strength and athleticism (along with the talent) of the UFC HW's, I think the UFC HW elite's are more effective fighters.

I personally have a biased toward the big boys, so I'm heavily swayed by the interest in the HW/Open weight fighters. Even still, I'm not sure the other divisions in Pride could have handle today's caliber of American wrestling possessed by the lot of the UFC talent.

Lastly, Bob Sapp cried when Mirko punched him in the face, so I don't consider Sapp any form of threat to a Brock, Cain, JDS or Carwin. He was all size & strength and 0% talent and has several losses to guys half his size. He is quite literally, like a turtle on his back and most of his TKO's looked more like the fighter tapping out in fear, as oppose to damage.
    NSCA - CSCS

18. Quote Originally Posted by jalord44 View Post
    ok first there is a reason some people think that of bruce and dont ever compare him to some magic trick guy? Do your research on bruce on how he could bench 300 or more weighing 135. (bruces actual fight history) im a huge fan of ufc but when u compare alot of how fast those fighters punch to bruce they wouldnt have time touch him.

19. this thread is soooooooo oldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddd
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600

20. Next 3 UFC heavyweights: Bob Sapp, Butterbean, Jose Canseco
    Lightweights: Papa Smurf, the Kebler Elf, Joan Rivers

21. pride used to be sick
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PRIDE vs UFC
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 4