First Tourney, gotta cut 6-7 pounds...

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I got about 11 days to cut 6 pounds, I weigh 185 right now, and I need to get down to 179. I figure I can lose 1-4lbs of fat in the next 10 or so days, and will have about 1-3lbs to drop before the weigh in. I have to weight in a few hours before my fights, which are BJJ fights. I have never cut weight before, so I have no idea what to do, any help is appreciated

Thanks

Grant

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I am taking the following supps

Cissus-4-6 caps a day
Gluc/Chon
Multi Vit
Acetyl Carnitine- 2000mgs/day
Retain-2-3 caps a day (will drop 3 days before fights)
Scorch-2-4 caps a day (will drop 3 days before fights)
Novedex XT-3 caps a day
Fenugreek- 1200mgs/day
Magnesium Orotate 3000mgs/day
Fish Oil 1gm day
NAC 600mgs
Glucophase XR 1-2 caps a day
Lecithin 1500mgs/day
All in One (eaa/ carb blend 16gm EAA/ 27gram carbs per scoop) 2 scoops taken on workout days if needed, I am considering using this they day of the comp. it is the kind with vitargo in in, would it be a good idea to sip it before during and after matches?

I started sesathin today but only have a small amount left, probably enough for a few days.

Looks expensive but I got alot of it on sale at the olympia for CHEAP!

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Well I heard a mild laxative can clean out like 5 pounds of crap from your bowels.

You should try it a week or so before the weigh in just to see how you will react to it. Because you never know.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I got about 11 days to cut 6 pounds, I weigh 185 right now, and I need to get down to 179. I figure I can lose 1-4lbs of fat in the next 10 or so days, and will have about 1-3lbs to drop before the weigh in. I have to weight in a few hours before my fights, which are BJJ fights. I have never cut weight before, so I have no idea what to do, any help is appreciated

Thanks
Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to cut more than 2lbs of fat in 10 days and that's being optimistic. Most of the weight cut is going to be water weight unless you use dnp and that's gonna leave you wrecked in the ring.

The laxative approach can be used to drop upto 5lbs but might not be feasible. You need to experiment with it now to find out what sides are present. Take it before you goto bed and see how much weight you can drop :) in the morning in a fasted state. Do NOT take it the day of as you might not be able to control when you have to go.

The most important thing is to determine how much time you have from the weigh-ins to the fight. Hopefully you have 3-4 hours which will be sufficient to adequately rehydrate oneself.
Also keep in mind that most promotions/organizations/ regulating committees allow you to be 1lb over the limit. And unless explicitly stated you can be 5ibs over the weight limit and they'll still let you compete unless a title is on the line.

If it were me I would just drop the water weight.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I weighed in at 182.5 (when I first weighed myself it was at night) after a light breakfast this morning, and at 181 after a 1 hour training session.

I look rather depleted from the sesathin at 5mls a day, so I figure Ill cut down to 179 or so and drop the sesathin a few days out to get some glycogen back. What do yall think? I can drop fat really easy on this stack, it works magic.

I will weigh myself the day before the fight, and drop water if need be the night before and goto sleep, or should I do it early in the morning on the fight day weight in and rehydrate.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Would the laxative be used now to get bulk **** out of me, or would it only drop water? Can I use Cassaga Sagrada (spelling??) or Senna or something like that?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I am at 181 first thing in the morning, hydrated. I dropped about 4-5lbs altogether.

I fight tomorrow at about 1pm, and weigh in at 8am, so Im gonna goto the sauma tonight, drop my weight and go weigh in. Then Im gonna eat a **** load, go to sleep til about 11-12 and get ready to fight, I am damn excited, my competition is gonna get destroyed, wish me luck!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Well just got back from the tourney, I took 4th place in novice No-gi, had four fights.

Weighed in at 178 at 8am, haha I was the first to be weighed in.

1.Took the guy down, submitted him in 10 seconds with a rear naked choke.
2. Got the takedown, got side control, but then he got me in his half guard and swept me, but I started to get an anaconda choke, so I got points for that and won the match 6-4.
3. Got the takedown, then the guy stood up, and I went for another takedown, got it, but fell into a triangle choke, and tapped :(
4. Was really tired at this moment, I got the takedown I am told, but didnt get points for it, put the guy in my guard and went for a triangle choke but missed it and the guy passed my guard and went to side mount then to mount, I swept him from mount and worked to pass his guard, but he held me there and won on points.

With the Gi...... I lost my first match, the guy got the takedown, then got side control, then got knee on ribs/chest, grabbed my Gi and pulled me into his knee, when I heard/felt ribs crunching I very angrilly tapped (I was pissed cause its a shitty thing to tap to), but he caught me off guard before I could push his knee off so he won.

Had a good time, but gassed to early, I had to wait about 8-9 hours to fight, so that was draining, was called on deck, then postponned another 30 minutes, so I had to warm up 3 times. I was gassed after my second no-gi match, so I gotta improve my cardio, and learn to defend from the triangle choke better. I had a damn good time, and I cant wait to improve my game so I can take 1st place in my next tourney.

Thanks for the support you guys!

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It sounds fked up but enimas work better than laxitives for cleaning **** out. Also lots of good fiber!

tinymike

Awards
advice for GRANT

I just cut weight for a NHB fight a month ago; you aren't looking to cut fat......leave that to the bodybuilders. You just need to dump water weight to weigh in just under your limit.
6 lbs is nothing, unless you cut a ton of weight to get down to 185. If getting to 185 was easy, you can do what us wrestlers do ...... sauna runs. About two or three days out, AT NIGHT, go into the sauna for 15-20 minutes on/ 10 minutes off. If that particular sauna has different level seating, sit as high as you can.....heat rises and if you sit lower, or near the door it'll take longer. Bring an old I.D. card in the sauna with you, and when you break a sweat, scrape the sweat off from everywhere........I don't know why it helps, but it's a trick the wrestlers in India used thousands of years ago....it will make you break sweat faster, and get you out of the sauna quicker. you should be able to dump about 2-3 lbs in an hour or so, easy. If you can, do it the night before your competition so that you are slightly under, and then go home and go to sleep. It's hard to sleep when you're hungry and thirsty, but you gotta suck it up until weigh ins.
After weigh ins, CHUG Pedialyte, and maybe eat some cream of wheat or rice. The pedialyte will ensure you're hydrated enough to roll and not catch cramps, and the other stuff will kill your hunger without bloating you up. If you show up a tiny bit overweight, don't put on a rubber suit and kill yourself trying to sweat it out. 1st, go to the bathroom; there should be something in the tank you can get rid of. Then if you have a pound or so to go.....use Skittles candy. grab a bunch, chew em and let your mouth water. and spit em out. Do that for the entire huge bag, and by the time you're done, you'll have spit a considerable amount out. I used that trick at a fight before and dropped two lbs in about 15 minutes. I hope this advice helps, and if you need more let me know. Good luck........triangle choke those f*ckers to death!!!!!!!!

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats awesome man, the more experience you get the better you will do for sure.
Conditioning is the secret weapon mang, if you are in good shape and you know it, you will be able to win wars simply because you are in better shape..
like getting caught in triangles is usually cause you are tired.

Sucks about the gi match, yeah thats a hsitty thing to tap to, but hey
The first tourney i did was similar in that i warmed up early, and stayed warm for way too long before my match..
I have a tourney coming up next weekend, and just started training for it. Basically the day of, i will weigh in, eat something, then wait till like 10 mins before the match to warm up, cause there are always delays.
But the more experience you get, the less nervous you will be, for me, after being in real MMA fights, sub wrestling is lke a good time.. not getting smashed in the face and all that, so i have very little nerves before a wrestling matchAnyways, good on ya for competing, keep at it!
Well just got back from the tourney, I took 4th place in novice No-gi, had four fights.

Weighed in at 178 at 8am, haha I was the first to be weighed in.

1.Took the guy down, submitted him in 10 seconds with a rear naked choke.
2. Got the takedown, got side control, but then he got me in his half guard and swept me, but I started to get an anaconda choke, so I got points for that and won the match 6-4.
3. Got the takedown, then the guy stood up, and I went for another takedown, got it, but fell into a triangle choke, and tapped :(
4. Was really tired at this moment, I got the takedown I am told, but didnt get points for it, put the guy in my guard and went for a triangle choke but missed it and the guy passed my guard and went to side mount then to mount, I swept him from mount and worked to pass his guard, but he held me there and won on points.

With the Gi...... I lost my first match, the guy got the takedown, then got side control, then got knee on ribs/chest, grabbed my Gi and pulled me into his knee, when I heard/felt ribs crunching I very angrilly tapped (I was pissed cause its a shitty thing to tap to), but he caught me off guard before I could push his knee off so he won.

Had a good time, but gassed to early, I had to wait about 8-9 hours to fight, so that was draining, was called on deck, then postponned another 30 minutes, so I had to warm up 3 times. I was gassed after my second no-gi match, so I gotta improve my cardio, and learn to defend from the triangle choke better. I had a damn good time, and I cant wait to improve my game so I can take 1st place in my next tourney.

Thanks for the support you guys!

Last edited:

tinymike

Awards
didn't read your post date......sorry for the late advice. next time you get caught knee on chest, act like you pass out; when he gets up, kick him in the nuts and walk off the mat as if nothing happened...............works all the time.

ghpink6

Awards
Thats awesome man, the more experience you get the better you will do for sure.
Conditioning is the secret weapon mang, if you are in good shape and you know it, you will be able to win wars simply because you are in better shape..
like getting caught in triangles is usually cause you are tired.

Sucks about the gi match, yeah thats a hsitty thing to tap to, but hey
The first tourney i did was similar in that i warmed up early, and stayed warm for way too long before my match..
I have a tourney coming up next weekend, and just started training for it. Basically the day of, i will weigh in, eat something, then wait till like 10 mins before the match to warm up, cause there are always delays.
But the more experience you get, the less nervous you will be, for me, after being in real MMA fights, sub wrestling is lke a good time.. not getting smashed in the face and all that, so i have very little nerves before a wrestling matchAnyways, good on ya for competing, keep at it!

hahahah chris!

It scares me how happy you look with such a bloody face :)
:rofl: