UFC 54, Anyone Watching Sat?

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
As much as I've gotten into mma the past few months, I doubt I will watch it PPV. Not with the abundance of regular cable tv events they have been playing, anyway. I do hope Diego Sanchez gets knocked out and I would like to see Horn beat Chuck again. I think I will just wait for the replays on Spike or FX or FSN, though.

size

Awards
  • Established
Horn is awesome as is Liddell. Horn has been around for a long time and I would like to see him win. Horn on the ground is unbelievable. I just hope the fights are good but I will have to wait to see them or get them off the net.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I will be watching as I'm looking forward to Chuck v. Horn. Both are great fighters, with Chuck having the advantage on his feet, and Horn on the ground.
There are also other fights that should be good as well...Coutre/Van Arsdale, etc.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not too keen on this UFC because of the mediocre card. Horn is interesting because he had a win over Chuck but he'll get dropped without too much trouble. Horn is a blown up middleweight who hasn't improved as much as he should because he's travelling everywhere and can't concentrate on training.
Van Arsdale is a can for Couture. I don't see the fight being exciting with 2 forty+ veterans especially one as limited as Arsdale. The WW division is where the action is at - Trigg-GSP is a top matchup.

UFC's HW division is a total basket case with the lone exception of Arlovski who should be let go to Pride.

Now Pride coming up on the 28th is the event to watch. Fedor-Crocop is worth the price of the PPV alone!

Blown

inventor of the remix
Awards
Horn is from my hometown. Wooohooo! we breed hardasses!
When horn beat liddel the first time I was so stoked.

size

Awards
  • Established
Horn is interesting because he had a win over Chuck but he'll get dropped without too much trouble.
Horn has never been knocked out or even knocked down to my knowledge.

This is not really important but Horn did KO the UFC new favorite, Forest Griffin. Horn also went the distance and lost a decision to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira(the one he lost to Fedor last December) who is bigger than Liddell.

Now Pride coming up on the 28th is the event to watch. Fedor-Crocop is worth the price of the PPV alone!
This is the fight I have been waiting for. I am really excited about it and I hope to have watch it or downlaod it.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Horn has never been knocked out or even knocked down to my knowledge.

This is not really important but Horn did KO the UFC new favorite, Forest Griffin. Horn also went the distance and lost a decision to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira(the one he lost to Fedor last December) who is bigger than Liddell.

This is the fight I have been waiting for. I am really excited about it and I hope to have watch it or downlaod it.
I feel Horn fighting in a higher weight class and Chuck is the better striker and wrestler.
Do you get PPVs in Salvador?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I love the UFC, but this card blows. Trigg vs. GSP, Telligman vs. Sylvia, and the main event are the only good fights. Couture is gonna blow through van arsdale most likely, and Sanchez vs. Gassaway belongs in KOTC. Yes I'll definitely watch it live.

size

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was wrong about Horn vs. Liddell but I did hear it was a great night of fights. Especially when I heard Silvia won KO by a high kick !!!

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Diego, how much do I dislike this guy. He's good and he keeps winning, but something about him makes me really not like him. They really need to start putting these T.U.F. guys into some real matchups instead of hyping them up so damned much. I'm glad GSP won. He's the heir to Matt Hughes' title.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
was it just me or did it look like liddell was torturing horn a little? maybe he was just playing it safe but it looked like of the two knockdowns he had in the first and second, he could have continued his onslaught of punches to the dome but instead decided to stand up and gesture for him to get his ass up and take another ass whooping. great fights though. sanchez definately lost some fat and made a good showing for his first UFC fight.

ShadowOne

Awards
Diego, how much do I dislike this guy. He's good and he keeps winning, but something about him makes me really not like him. They really need to start putting these T.U.F. guys into some real matchups instead of hyping them up so damned much. I'm glad GSP won. He's the heir to Matt Hughes' title.
What's wrong with Diego? I watched TUF and didn't find anything to hate about him as a person or fighter.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with Diego? I watched TUF and didn't find anything to hate about him as a person or fighter.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that he is retarded and overconfident. Now its probably not nice to dislike someone because their stupid, but damn stupid people are annoying. Anyways he had a great showing against a low B level fighter. I'd like to see GSP put him in his place.

chan_ho_nam

chan_ho_nam

Awards
Diego is fighting welterweight now...and its true..he does too much about his abilities. Send in Matt Hughes to slap some reality into the guy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
bighulksmash MMA 7