The best UFC match-up EVER

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
If you could see two people fight in the UFC, a fight that would probably make UFC history and just be an outstanding fight, who would be the two people you would like to see in the octagon? And let's say they just take away weight classes, so anyone can fight anyone. I personally would like to see Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just the UFC
Where's the fun in that? '04 Wanderlei Silva v '06 Chuck Liddell or '04 Fedor v '07 Randy Couture to me are actual dream matchups because they didn't and can never happen. Silva/Jones and Jones/JDS are a flavor of the month in comparison. The only "superfight" that has a slight chance of happening is GSP/Silva.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see the following fights. These guys aren't all UFC, so sorry for breaking the topic but I've just always wanted other peoples input on these.

1- Brock Lesnar Vs. Mike Tyson (prime for prime)
2- Floyd Mayweather Vs. Chuck Liddell

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
A fully recovered George St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva at a catch weight between middleweight and welterweight. That would make for an exciting fight!!

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see the following fights. These guys aren't all UFC, so sorry for breaking the topic but I've just always wanted other peoples input on these.

1- Brock Lesnar Vs. Mike Tyson (prime for prime)
2- Floyd Mayweather Vs. Chuck Liddell
I actually can see Mike (in his prime) whooping Brocks ass for some reason. Like i could see Mike just running up in there and knocking him out with a hook.

SAK2100

SAK2100

Awards
I actually can see Mike (in his prime) whooping Brocks ass for some reason. Like i could see Mike just running up in there and knocking him out with a hook.
In his prime Tyson was an absolute monster and could take almost anybody. He would knock Lesnar out in less than a minute!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In his prime Tyson was an absolute monster and could take almost anybody. He would knock Lesnar out in less than a minute!
Agreed a prime Tyson. Was the baddest man on the planet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't we already seen the boxer v wrestler matchup?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't we already seen the boxer v wrestler matchup?
absolutely, however, take into account the time in which tyson fought. Give me the best martial artists of the late 80's that would fight a prime Tyson. Taking a look at the early "boxers" in the UFC, and they were not at his level

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
absolutely, however, take into account the time in which tyson fought. Give me the best martial artists of the late 80's that would fight a prime Tyson. Taking a look at the early "boxers" in the UFC, and they were not at his level
You also have to take into account that most of the early BJJ guys have archaic technique compared to today, especially in the takedown department.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You also have to take into account that most of the early BJJ guys have archaic technique compared to today, especially in the takedown department.
Agreed. That's why I think for the time, Tyson ko's those guys. Today would be a much bigger challenge.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. That's why I think for the time, Tyson ko's those guys. Today would be a much bigger challenge.
It's a shame that MMA wasn't big in Kharelin's time. I would have loved to see how he'd do.

mmats

Awards
i actually would have loved to see Anderson vs Fedor about 4 years ago. I think Anderson would have taken him.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
i actually would have loved to see Anderson vs Fedor about 4 years ago. I think Anderson would have taken him.
Anderson silva vs fedor? Fedor outweighs him by a healthy amount.... Dont really see this fight going down. Don't ever count out the last emperor though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anderson silva vs fedor? Fedor outweighs him by a healthy amount.... Dont really see this fight going down. Don't ever count out the last emperor though.
No more than he did against Hendo.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Do you think anderson has the same "anyone, anytime" attitude that hendo does?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As evidenced by his reluctance to move up to LHW permanently, I'll say no. His original reasoning was that Lyoto was champ, but that reign ended over 2 years ago.

mmats

Awards
"Anyone, anytime" as long as is doesnt include Anderson right?....The only reason Hendo left 185 is because he knew he couldnt beat Anderson. Fedor could have easily cut to 205 and fought Anderson there, although I know it will never happen.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Anyone, anytime" as long as is doesnt include Anderson right?....The only reason Hendo left 185 is because he knew he couldnt beat Anderson. Fedor could have easily cut to 205 and fought Anderson there, although I know it will never happen.
When did Hendo turn down a fight with Anderson especially after lobbying for a rematch ever since there first fight?

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Rules changed, not just UFC anymore as i've just started to get interested in the whole Pride thing.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko would be a great fight if it ever happen

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GSP vs Nick Diaz just so I could watch Diaz get his ass kicked!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are very, very few fights that would be dream fights as the sport is still so new that fighters that are considered elite or champions can quickly become average (e.g. Gonzaga, Forrest, etc.). I would have loved to see a prime, motivated Fedor against the current crop of HWs to show the Zuffa retards how amazing Fedor was before age and injuries caught up with him or certain "what if" scenarios that would have changed the MMA landscape (e.g. what if Rampage or Vitor had the mental accumen to match their physical gifts?), but an Ali/Tyson type of "dream fight" has yet to really materialize in MMA. In another 10-20 years, we'll most likely be comparing the champs to GSP or Anderson and then MMA will have matchups comparable to boxing.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
There are very, very few fights that would be dream fights as the sport is still so new that fighters that are considered elite or champions can quickly become average (e.g. Gonzaga, Forrest, etc.). I would have loved to see a prime, motivated Fedor against the current crop of HWs to show the Zuffa retards how amazing Fedor was before age and injuries caught up with him or certain "what if" scenarios that would have changed the MMA landscape (e.g. what if Rampage or Vitor had the mental accumen to match their physical gifts?), but an Ali/Tyson type of "dream fight" has yet to really materialize in MMA. In another 10-20 years, we'll most likely be comparing the champs to GSP or Anderson and then MMA will have matchups comparable to boxing.
damn right, fedor vs coutor in thier prime woudl be one hell of a fight

retrofitted

Awards
Couture was never an elite HW, and his fight against Sylvia shows determination but indicates nothing of dominance aside from the punch in the opening round. This is just opinion, but the same Emelianenko that savaged Rodrigo and stood with Crocop in their primes would have obliterated Couture.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The venue would make a huge difference. In a ring, Couture wouldn't have a chance; in a cage, though, he would.

retrofitted

Awards
The cage would improve his chances, sure. But Fedor's extraordinary balance, sambo prowess, and ability to reverse and scramble would seemingly negate the advantages of the cage as well. I would have loved to have seen this fight regardless, if only to cement Emelianenko's legacy.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol....well he would certainly do better than gsp. If that fight ever happens gsp will get murdered.
Diaz would do better than GSP? That's a no.
Diaz needs to worry about making it past GSP first and I doubt that happens.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Diaz would do better than GSP? That's a no.
Diaz needs to worry about making it past GSP first and I doubt that happens.
It's all opinions remember..lol...but yes thats going to be a great fight indeed. I hope though, that GSP doesn't decide to stand with Diaz. I prefer GSP as a fighter and his attitude is point on....Diaz's attitude lacks bigtime but the guy's going to bring GSP's hardest challenge of his life...I am leaning towards Diaz this time. We'll see in March, can't wait.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diaz still has little TD defense going against, arguably, the best MMA wrestler in the business and Nick's BJJ is very overrated.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Diaz still has little TD defense going against, arguably, the best MMA wrestler in the business and Nick's BJJ is very overrated.
Gsp will more than likely take diaz to the floor numerous times and keep him there for 5 rounds. I doubt he will attempt any submissions either. But he certainly shouldn't try to stand with diaz imo.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Gsp will more than likely take diaz to the floor numerous times and keep him there for 5 rounds. I doubt he will attempt any submissions either. But he certainly shouldn't try to stand with diaz imo.
^^^^This^^^^^

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont know if you guys saw this, but just announced for April in Sweden...Gustaffson v. Mousasi. I think Gus wins, but that could get interesting

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Dont know if you guys saw this, but just announced for April in Sweden...Gustaffson v. Mousasi. I think Gus wins, but that could get interesting
I'm goin with mousasi. Great match up.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Holy crap, did anyone just see that Russian beatdown?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Khabib just layed into thevava

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
nick diaz is a freakn joke

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Was quick with his beatdown lol...nailed him.

Thevava had no guard, whoops, uppercut straight to the kisser. GOODNIGHT...just some extra elbows for good measure ;D