The best UFC match-up EVER

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There are very, very few fights that would be dream fights as the sport is still so new that fighters that are considered elite or champions can quickly become average (e.g. Gonzaga, Forrest, etc.). I would have loved to see a prime, motivated Fedor against the current crop of HWs to show the Zuffa retards how amazing Fedor was before age and injuries caught up with him or certain "what if" scenarios that would have changed the MMA landscape (e.g. what if Rampage or Vitor had the mental accumen to match their physical gifts?), but an Ali/Tyson type of "dream fight" has yet to really materialize in MMA. In another 10-20 years, we'll most likely be comparing the champs to GSP or Anderson and then MMA will have matchups comparable to boxing.
    damn right, fedor vs coutor in thier prime woudl be one hell of a fight


  2. Couture was never an elite HW, and his fight against Sylvia shows determination but indicates nothing of dominance aside from the punch in the opening round. This is just opinion, but the same Emelianenko that savaged Rodrigo and stood with Crocop in their primes would have obliterated Couture.
    •   
       


  3. The venue would make a huge difference. In a ring, Couture wouldn't have a chance; in a cage, though, he would.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. The cage would improve his chances, sure. But Fedor's extraordinary balance, sambo prowess, and ability to reverse and scramble would seemingly negate the advantages of the cage as well. I would have loved to have seen this fight regardless, if only to cement Emelianenko's legacy.

  5. GSP Vs A. SILVA!
    •   
       


  6. Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva
    Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva
    What ever new drug your taking I want.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    What ever new drug your taking I want.
    Lol....well he would certainly do better than gsp. If that fight ever happens gsp will get murdered.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post

    Lol....well he would certainly do better than gsp. If that fight ever happens gsp will get murdered.
    Diaz would do better than GSP? That's a no.
    Diaz needs to worry about making it past GSP first and I doubt that happens.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Diaz would do better than GSP? That's a no.
    Diaz needs to worry about making it past GSP first and I doubt that happens.
    It's all opinions remember..lol...but yes thats going to be a great fight indeed. I hope though, that GSP doesn't decide to stand with Diaz. I prefer GSP as a fighter and his attitude is point on....Diaz's attitude lacks bigtime but the guy's going to bring GSP's hardest challenge of his life...I am leaning towards Diaz this time. We'll see in March, can't wait.

  12. Diaz still has little TD defense going against, arguably, the best MMA wrestler in the business and Nick's BJJ is very overrated.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Diaz still has little TD defense going against, arguably, the best MMA wrestler in the business and Nick's BJJ is very overrated.
    Gsp will more than likely take diaz to the floor numerous times and keep him there for 5 rounds. I doubt he will attempt any submissions either. But he certainly shouldn't try to stand with diaz imo.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post

    Gsp will more than likely take diaz to the floor numerous times and keep him there for 5 rounds. I doubt he will attempt any submissions either. But he certainly shouldn't try to stand with diaz imo.
    ^^^^This^^^^^

  15. Dont know if you guys saw this, but just announced for April in Sweden...Gustaffson v. Mousasi. I think Gus wins, but that could get interesting

  16. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Dont know if you guys saw this, but just announced for April in Sweden...Gustaffson v. Mousasi. I think Gus wins, but that could get interesting
    I'm goin with mousasi. Great match up.

  17. Holy crap, did anyone just see that Russian beatdown?

  18. Khabib just layed into thevava

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  19. nick diaz is a freakn joke
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Khabib just layed into thevava

    -Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    This guy is impressive

  21. Was quick with his beatdown lol...nailed him.

    Thevava had no guard, whoops, uppercut straight to the kisser. GOODNIGHT...just some extra elbows for good measure ;D
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  22. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Was quick with his beatdown lol...nailed him.

    Thevava had no guard, whoops, uppercut straight to the kisser. GOODNIGHT...just some extra elbows for good measure ;D
    I think there was 17 strikes AFTER he dropped him before the ref stopped it, according to Dana White, Dan M is out of a job(the ref).

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Kinggrommet View Post

    I think there was 17 strikes AFTER he dropped him before the ref stopped it, according to Dana White, Dan M is out of a job(the ref).
    First time I ever yelled stop the fight at the screen. Ref was blind

  24. Dan m is very inconstant. He stops fight fast then let's fights go way too long.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by pampers938 View Post
    Dan m is very inconstant. He stops fight fast then let's fights go way too long.
    Probably has a lot to do with pressure. He stops one too early, then feels the pressure to let the next one go on long enough, ends up being too long, rinse, repeat.

  26. What did you think of the main event stoppage

  27. Quote Originally Posted by pampers938 View Post
    What did you think of the main event stoppage
    I have no problem with it. When you're turtled up with your back to your opponent and not advancing your position, the fight is going to be stopped.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  28. Very correct.

  29. Thoughts on a Hector Lombart vs Anderson Silva?

    Lombarts first UFC fight backfired but he delivered second time round. I think if he could avoid Anderson's kicks he's got a good chance based on his striking. Because I dont think he'd have to worry about Anderson taking him down...actually I don't think I've ever seen him try to take anyone down.

  30. I think Anderson wins that fight anyways way he wants. I don't think there is a fight to make for Anderson that e doesn't win. Kinda only want to see him fight GSP or jones.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Met My Match...wow!
    By methusaleh in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. play-off match ups
    By bigzach1234 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
  3. UFC 89 - Live Match by Match Results
    By flobot in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
  4. Match your candidate
    By DBinMD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Log in
Log in