Overreem

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. I don't know if u guys saw but overreem just got his Nevada license today to fight Silvia on February 2

2. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    I don't know if u guys saw but overreem just got his Nevada license today to fight Silvia on February 2
    Let's see if he passes the pre-fight random UA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. Rodja- Since your a MMA competitor how do you feel about the use of AAS in competition?

4. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    Rodja- Since your a MMA competitor how do you feel about the use of AAS in competition?
    Although I am pro AAS, I think it is the athletes responsibility to abide by the rules. I think that knees to the head of a downed opponent should be legal, but, if I did one in competition, there would be consequences.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. What yall' think about him and ole' BigFoot Silva?
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101
    What yall' think about him and ole' BigFoot Silva?
    I think he will trash silva and then lose if he gets a cain fight

7. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    I think he will trash silva and then lose if he gets a cain fight

You really think Cain will beat him???
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    You really think Cain will beat him???
    Have you seen Overeem's lack of movement and cardio?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Overreem

I suppose it's to be expected when you put on that much muscle mass, I wonder how much he's gained in the time he's been off.

10. Overeem will punch a hole in Silvas face! And then Cain will get destroyed! If Reem can stay off the Roids he has the potential to be the best HW in years!
    *~The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be the Strength You Feel Tomorrow~*

11. Cain will be a tough fight for reem. Dos would beat reem I believe also!

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

Have you seen Overeem's lack of movement and cardio?
    This exactly. Overeem will not beat Cain

13. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post

This exactly. Overeem will not beat Cain
    wait and see my friend....overeem will win....seen him a couple of times in holland...beast.....real beast.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

14. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    wait and see my friend....overeem will win....seen him a couple of times in holland...beast.....real beast.
    Facing Gary Goodridge and Tony Sylvester is not in the same league as facing JDS or Cain. Overeem couldn't take a punch at LHW; how will he manage to do so at HW?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Facing Gary Goodridge and Tony Sylvester is not in the same league as facing JDS or Cain. Overeem couldn't take a punch at LHW; how will he manage to do so at HW?
    Ok...strange....seen him fight in k1 against guys like badr hari, sem schilt, peter aerts etc....man can take a punch.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

16. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Ok...strange....seen him fight in k1 against guys like badr hari, sem schilt, peter aerts etc....man can take a punch.
    Different gloves and different rules. He also has never faced Schilt.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. Overreem

Agreed 100% that Cain and JDS are tougher opponents than his prior opponents. It is pretty interesting that his last 10 wins (with the exception of Werdum) were all in the first round. Makes me wonder if he would still be able to stand at 5 rounds with Cain or JDS.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Different gloves and different rules. He also has never faced Schilt.
    sorry...my bad....seen so many fights last couple of years......but still...guy can take a punch...will see....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

19. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    sorry...my bad....seen so many fights last couple of years......but still...guy can take a punch...will see....
    He's been finished 6 times by strikes in his MMA career and most of those were while he was a LHW and 6oz gloves. He's now fighting at HW with 4 oz gloves. Do you really think that his chin is going to get better with age against larger opponents wearing smaller gloves?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

He's been finished 6 times by strikes in his MMA career and most of those were while he was a LHW and 6oz gloves. He's now fighting at HW with 4 oz gloves. Do you really think that his chin is going to get better with age against larger opponents wearing smaller gloves?
    you got a point....but still....allistair has improved a lot....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

21. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post

time will tell.....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

22. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    I wasn't aware that you could improve a chin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I wasn't aware that you could improve a chin.
    very funny....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    very funny....
    I've never argued the fact that Overeem's standup hasn't improved, but his problems at LHW will be there at HW as well, which are his chin and cardio.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I've never argued the fact that Overeem's standup hasn't improved, but his problems at LHW will be there at HW as well, which are his chin and cardio.
    you made your point....I'm just a big fan of allistair....hope he does well in his next fight....will just have to wait and see
    OLYMPUS UK REP

26. Hmmm wonder what happened?

27. He kept his hand down at his waist. He looked solid until then. A little cocky and got caught
    *~The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be the Strength You Feel Tomorrow~*

28. Rodja, you proved your point.....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

29. I've been saying it for years...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

30. You were correct on the entire fight. I don't uderstnd why he fought so cocky though??
  •