Melvin Guillard

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
So I love watching Guillard fight, however I can't help but get frustrated. He has SO much talent. Athletic, explosive, fast.... He has what it takes to be champ, but he NEEDS sub defense. He comes out blasting people but as soon as the fight hits the mat, it looks like he's a fish out of water. Do you guys think him leaving Jackson's was a mistake or will his move to Boca Raton Fl be beneficial? Will we see him fight for the belt or will his lack of ground skills always hold him back from reaching the top? Who will he fight next? The lightweight division is DEEEEEEEEEP!

gospher

gospher

Awards
I couldn't agree more man. I see him and when you see him he's just explosive but Jim miller to me has some superior bjj . I think one day he can be a dominate champ and I think he should of stayed with Jackson's gym . But for his next match I'd like a Donald cerrone both coming off a Lose and damn good and by far a tough fight

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
agreed, he is a lot of fun to watch and he comes out as a force to be reckoned with but then it all falls apart.
He comes out and looks like he just gets over excited. I understand pushing but he needs to learn that you don't have to win the fight in the first minute.

Anabolic850

Anabolic850

Banned
Awards
I bet that dude was not the guy to mess with in high school,lol,he doesnt look like the most intimidating person ever,so Im sure the wrong person picked at him and regretted it at some point.

S

SupremeMMA

Awards
Agreed, he needs to become more well rounded.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
finally someone who understands me. Mel is amazing. He's a great fighter, wish the guy would get more attention!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He was too inconsistent. Seemed like Jackson's camp helped with that...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pistonpump Pro Bodybuilding 14
S MMA 8