Johson vs Belfort - Johnson Weighs In HEAVY Again

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://mmajunkie.com/news/26975/anthony-johnson-weighs-204-2-pounds-ufc-142-co-main-event-is-on.mma

Anthony Johnson Weighs 204.2 Pounds, UFC 142 Co-Main Event Is On:

After he came in heavy and weighed 197 pounds for a 185-pound bout with Vitor Belfort at Friday's official UFC 142 fighter weigh-ins, Johnson was told he could weigh no more than 205 pounds after rehydrating.

After a UFC-mandated second weigh-in on event day, he today weighed 204.2 pounds.

Therefore, his fight with Belfort is good to go for tonight's pay-per-view event, which takes place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. However, Johnson (10-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) still must surrender 20 percent of his purse as a fine, which will be issued to Belfort (20-9 MMA, 9-4 UFC).

As UFC president Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) following Friday's weigh-ins, Johnson got as light as 187.5 pounds on the morning of weigh-ins before doctors told him he had to take in fluids. Johnson's reps said he fell ill on the morning of weigh-ins, though White maintains he simply missed weight.

"Complete and absolute unprofessionalism – that's what happened," White said. "There's no other way it can be explained."

Johnson's struggles were especially surprising considering he actually moved up a weight class after twice missing weight at welterweight. UFC 142 marks his middleweight debut, though he weighed 197 pounds (11 pounds over the 186-pound cutoff) at official weigh-ins. The fighter said he weighed 215 pounds as recently as a week and a half ago.

White told MMAjunkie.com that Johnson's contract could be in jeopardy regardless of tonight's outcome.

"His job is on the line," White said. "His job is absolutely on the line, win or lose."

For more on UFC 142, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got lost?
20% of what as a fine why?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is ridiculous already with rumble. Very unprofessional.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got lost?
20% of what as a fine why?
20% of his winnings will be forfeited to Vitor. He weighed in VERY heavy. It's win or go home, now.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
20% of his winnings will be forfeited to Vitor. He weighed in VERY heavy. It's win or go home, now.
So I think I got it...
Instead of canceling the fight and upsetting fans and no1 making money they are going to do it like this...
The lighter guy should be eating Philly cheese steak and drinking 2-3 servings of Serious Mass everyday lol... I would

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The weigh-ins are the day before the fight. The fights are tonight. The headliner is Aldo vs Mendes.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The weigh-ins are the day before the fight. The fights are tonight. The headliner is Aldo vs Mendes.
I would've did that right after I weighed in lol...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would've did that right after I weighed in lol...
That would be the worst thing to do after cutting weight. Properly replenishing after cutting is a delicate process and eating a bunch of crap afterwards will make your life miserable.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja, would part of the issue be a lareg amount of bloat? I'm guessing so, but I'm only speculating.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
On an off topic not who is the sup sponsor of UFC? is it BSN or Muscle Pharm

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
Shame, AJ is such an explosive, talented fighter. I didnt want to see him cut but missing weight 3 times is bogus! There are some interesting fights for him out of the ufc though: Paul Daley, Nate Marquart, Hector Lumbard, Keith Jardine... The list goes on....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shame, AJ is such an explosive, talented fighter. I didnt want to see him cut but missing weight 3 times is bogus! There are some interesting fights for him out of the ufc though: Paul Daley, Nate Marquart, Hector Lumbard, Keith Jardine... The list goes on....
Him v Semtex would be interesting, but I doubt AJ can make 170 anymore. He'd blast Jardine, but I'd like to see him v Lombard.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Anthony Johnson is a very talented fighter, boy does that dude have some hands.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
And feet! hahah. His head kicks are TERRIFYING!
Yea, but Belfort's a legend, so i look at this fight as the old master that has conquered alot in his time, against the youthful up-comer that is built like a ****-brick house.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;jjrYoUXw6dA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjrYoUXw6dA[/video]

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Wow, just found the fight online cuz i havnt seen it yet, it almost seems like towards the end when Belfort was on Johnsons back, that Johnson gave up a little, even at the beggining when Anthony had Belfort on the ground, he didnt try to pass into any type of gaurd, he just seemed a little too aggressive and ****y. Still love ya' though man.

Anthony_Johnson_UFN17_UFC-450x300.jpg