JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope this is a good fight. REALLY!!!!

mh625

Awards
Can't wait to see Overeem in the UFC. Lets say he wins the ufc heavyweight championship in 2012. Would that make him the greatest HW in MMA history?

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Can't wait to see Overeem in the UFC. Lets say he wins the ufc heavyweight championship in 2012. Would that make him the greatest HW in MMA history?
While I can see him stuffing Brock's takedowns and landing his powerful strikes at will on route to a TKO finish.... Junior Dos Santos is another story....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. It's going to be hard to top Fedor or even Noguiera.

mh625

Awards
I hear yeah about fedor and big nog, but overeem's name should be mentioned alongside if he wins the UFC belt, it goes along with the Dream belt, Strikforce belt, and the K-1 belt. Thats pretty impressive the only thing that is holding him back is the so called lack of competition. Although with Fedor you can say the same thing I mean he did fight Big Nog but most his other wins were against sub par competition or guys at the end of their careers for example Arlovski and Sylvia.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear yeah about fedor and big nog, but overeem's name should be mentioned alongside if he wins the UFC belt, it goes along with the Dream belt, Strikforce belt, and the K-1 belt. Thats pretty impressive the only thing that is holding him back is the so called lack of competition. Although with Fedor you can say the same thing I mean he did fight Big Nog but most his other wins were against sub par competition or guys at the end of their careers for example Arlovski and Sylvia.
The Dream title is a joke, K-1 isn't applicable, and he defended the SF title once...against Bret Rogers.

You have to put Fedor's career in perspective as well. When he fought Herring, Schilt, Coleman I, Randleman, and Hunt, they were all ranked in the top-10 and that doesn't take into account his wins over Nog 2x and CC (he was an underdog for Nog I and CC). You can easily say that he is the one that tanked the careers of both Arlovski and Sylvia as they were both ranked in the top-5 at the time they fought (AA was #2 and Sylvia was #5)

mh625

Awards
While I can see him stuffing Brock's takedowns and landing his powerful strikes at will on route to a TKO finish.... Junior Dos Santos is another story....
No doubt JDS is the real deal I'm just saying what if. I would love to see that fight too.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Fedor was an overrated joke who fought only garbage competition, and was exposed as such numerous times on national (well Showtime) TV recently. And as for Lesnar, he is afraid to be punched in the face.....that is not good, he runs like a wussy when punched....its fuqin hilarious! can't wait till he runs around again flopping around the octagon after being punched, then huddles up in the fetal hoping the ref stops it BWA!

mh625

Awards
The Dream title is a joke, K-1 isn't applicable, and he defended the SF title once...against Bret Rogers.

You have to put Fedor's career in perspective as well. When he fought Herring, Schilt, Coleman I, Randleman, and Hunt, they were all ranked in the top-10 and that doesn't take into account his wins over Nog 2x and CC (he was an underdog for Nog I and CC). You can easily say that he is the one that tanked the careers of both Arlovski and Sylvia as they were both ranked in the top-5 at the time they fought (AA was #2 and Sylvia was #5)
Ok but Slyvia was on the end of his career and so was Arlovski matter of fact their most impressive wins were against each other and Fedor fought Rogers too and didnt do that well in the first round if I remember correct and Overeem tapped Hunt when Overeem was 205 you cant deny the mans skills regardless of who you are a fan of. I like Fedor as much as the next guy but Fedor (his management) ducked Overeem in Strikeforce. Overeem was on record many times saying he wanted to fight Fedor and he was the SF champ so why would Fedor not fight him just saying if he wins the UFC belt he could go down as the best HW ever.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah that is another thing, in one of the few wins we actually SAW LIVE of fedor's, vs rogers......rogers could have easily took out fedor in the first round if he knew WTF he was doing. Then his showtime career would have been a REAL disaster, as opposed to just a regular disaster.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok but Slyvia was on the end of his career and so was Arlovski matter of fact their most impressive wins were against each other and Fedor fought Rogers too and didnt do that well in the first round if I remember correct and Overeem tapped Hunt when Overeem was 205 you cant deny the mans skills regardless of who you are a fan of. I like Fedor as much as the next guy but Fedor (his management) ducked Overeem in Strikeforce. Overeem was on record many times saying he wanted to fight Fedor and he was the SF champ so why would Fedor not fight him just saying if he wins the UFC belt he could go down as the best HW ever.
You must be relatively new to MMA. Arlovski was the #2 ranked HW, behind Fedor, at the time they fought. How is that at the end of his career? Same with Sylvia as he had been in the top-5 HW rankings for nearly 3 years at that point. Overeem was not at LHW when he fought Hunt, but that's more of a detail than anything. I'm not doubting his abilities as he has a proven track record in MMA, but most of it is at LHW and not HW. I've said this several times, but his hype is based largely on his physique. Wins over Tony Sylvester, James Thompson, Gary "I've been punch-drunk for a decade" Goodridge, and the like is not an impressive resume at HW. In fact, he's 3-2 all-time against (at the time) ranked competition with wins over Werdum, Rogers, and Kharitonov and losses to Werdum and Kharitonov. I also give little credence to any claims that he makes considering the current shroud of uncertainty around him and his whole licensing situation raises a major eyebrow.

It's going to take multiple defenses of the HW championship to even approach being the GOAT at HW and the current record in the UFC is two with both Couture and Sylvia sharing that record. Everyone forgets that it was the general consensus during Fedor's reign that the vast majority of the top HWs were in Pride. Obviously, the careers of most of them (Barnett really being the exception) are on the downslide, but it has been over 6 years since the apex of Pride (Final Conflict '05) and judging their current skill set is not a fair comparison.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Good points Rodja - Fedor was basically the Anderson Silva of the HW division for years.... fighting almost all of the top-ranked HW's out there, defending his title over and over... look at the past few UFC HW champs going back all the way to 2006:

JDS - has yet to defend title
Cain - lost his first defense to JDS
Lesnar - defended twice
Couture - defended twice
Sylvia - defended twice

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good points Rodja - Fedor was basically the Anderson Silva of the HW division for years.... fighting almost all of the top-ranked HW's out there, defending his title over and over... look at the past few UFC HW champs going back all the way to 2006:

JDS - has yet to defend title
Cain - lost his first defense to JDS
Lesnar - defended twice
Couture - defended twice
Sylvia - defended twice
Don't forget that there were also 3 interim champs during this time period: Nog, Mir, and Carwin.

mh625

Awards
Well Rodja u r right I remember the Reem and hunt fight it was the open weight GP and the Reem was I think around 220 my bad recalled that wrong. My bad but I'm still not impressed by the whole Sylvia and Arlovski bouts as Fedors "tough" competition Sylvia struggled with Brandon Vera I mean really. Arlovski was KOed by Rogers wow, but then again we saw Fedor struggle with Rogers, and we saw how the Reem handled him so as far as you trying to talk mess about me being new to mma I'm not but if I was Fedor would be a chump and Overeem would be the man. You have to admit his HW run has been as good as anyones. Regardless of what you think about dream, stikeforce, and K-1 as a fighter those are three of the biggest organizations and Overeem owns the title in all three. Fedor can't say that, but people say Fedor was the greatest. How is that? With a UFC title regardless if he defends it or not he has already done more than the so called greatest."Fedor" . I understand u are a huge Fedor fan but look at it from all sides.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well Rodja u r right I remember the Reem and hunt fight it was the open weight GP and the Reem was I think around 220 my bad recalled that wrong. My bad but I'm still not impressed by the whole Sylvia and Arlovski bouts as Fedors "tough" competition Sylvia struggled with Brandon Vera I mean really. Arlovski was KOed by Rogers wow, but then again we saw Fedor struggle with Rogers, and we saw how the Reem handled him so as far as you trying to talk mess about me being new to mma I'm not but if I was Fedor would be a chump and Overeem would be the man. You have to admit his HW run has been as good as anyones. Regardless of what you think about dream, stikeforce, and K-1 as a fighter those are three of the biggest organizations and Overeem owns the title in all three. Fedor can't say that, but people say Fedor was the greatest. How is that? With a UFC title regardless if he defends it or not he has already done more than the so called greatest."Fedor" . I understand u are a huge Fedor fan but look at it from all sides.
You must be completely ignoring Fedor's achievements in Pride. I suggest you dig much more deeply into MMA before you start calling Fedor a chump and deifying Overeem.

Win35–11 (1)Fabricio WerdumDecision (unanimous)Strikeforce: Overeem vs. WerdumJune 18, 201135:00Dallas, Texas, United StatesStrikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal. Later was pulled from the tournament.
Win34–11 (1)Todd DuffeeKO (knee & punches)Dynamite!! 2010December 31, 201010:19Saitama, Saitama, JapanWon the Dream Heavyweight Championship. Later vacated title.
Win33–11 (1)Brett RogersTKO (punches)Strikeforce: Heavy ArtilleryMay 15, 201013:40St. Louis, Missouri, United StatesDefended the Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship. Later vacated title.
Win32–11 (1)Kazuyuki FujitaKO (knee)Dynamite!! 2009December 31, 200911:15Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Win31–11 (1)James ThompsonSubmission (standing guillotine choke)Dream 12October 25, 200910:33Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Win30–11 (1)Tony SylvesterSubmission (standing guillotine choke)Ultimate Glory 11: A Decade of FightsOctober 17, 200911:23Amsterdam, Netherlands
Win29–11 (1)Gary GoodridgeSubmission (kimura)Ultimate Glory 10: The Battle of ArnhemNovember 9, 200811:42Arnhem, Netherlands
NC28–11 (1)Mirko FilipovicNo contest (knee to the groin)Dream 6September 23, 200816:09Saitama, Saitama, JapanOvereem kneed Cro Cop two times in the groin
Win28–11Mark HuntSubmission (keylock)Dream 5July 21, 200811:11Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Win27–11Lee Tae-HyunKO (punches & knee)Dream 4June 15, 200810:36Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Win26–11Paul BuentelloSubmission (knees to the body)Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man SurvivesNovember 16, 200723:42San Jose, California, United StatesWon inaugural Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship
Loss25–11Sergei KharitonovKO (punch)Hero's 10September 17, 200714:21Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Win25–10Michael KnaapSubmission (guillotine choke)K-1 World Grand Prix 2007 in AmsterdamJune 23, 200714:51Amsterdam, NetherlandsMoves up to Heavyweight full-time

Loss23–7Fabricio WerdumSubmission (kimura)Pride Total Elimination AbsoluteMay 5, 200623:43Osaka, Osaka, JapanPride 2006 Openweight Grand Prix Opening Round

Win22–6Sergei KharitonovTKO (knees)Pride 31February 26, 200615:13Saitama, Saitama, JapanMoves up to Heavyweight

This Overeem's record at HW. How in the hell can anyone say that this is truly impressive? His Dream title was won against Todd Duffee, SF title was won against Buentello and he only defended it once (against Rogers after Rogers' loss to Fedor, which makes no sense), and his K-1 title is for freaking kickboxing. If you want to throw out titles, then I could easily point out that Fedor was the Pride, Rings, WAMMA and 4x World Combat Sambo champion, but titles in and of themselves do not prove the dominance of a fighter.

Out of all of his HW fights, the only ones that were against legitimate, top competition were Werdum, Hunt, Sergei, CC, Buentello, and Rogers. In these fights, he is 5-2 (1 NC). Fedor's fights against legitimate, top competition would be Nog, CC, Hunt, Herring, AA, Sylvia, Bigfoot and Rogers. In these fights, he is 7-2 (1NC). I'll agree that Fedor is past his prime and that he has failed to keep up with the game, but to say he is a chump is asinine.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Weren't arlovsky and Sylvia on like 3 fight losing streaks and banned from ufc going into their fights with fedor? as well his many losses in sf were embarrassing. Almost as bad as his "wins" in over these former ufc "greats"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weren't arlovsky and Sylvia on like 3 fight losing streaks and banned from ufc going into their fights with fedor? as well his many losses in sf were embarrassing. Almost as bad as his "wins" in over these former ufc "greats"
AA was on a 5 fight winning streak and the reason for his departure was that his contract expired (Dana expressed regret about letting him get away) and Sylvia lost his previous fight against Nog (which was the interim championship) and asked for his release.

This is just further proof that so many people are new to MMA and have not been following it long enough to make informed opinions.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Mike Tyson's final fight and loss to Kevin McBride was "embarrassing" but does anyone make the argument that Kevin McBride was a greater fighter than Tyson?

I don't think so.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
AA was on a 5 fight winning streak and the reason for his departure was that his contract expired (Dana expressed regret about letting him get away) and Sylvia lost his previous fight against Nog (which was the interim championship) and asked for his release.

This is just further proof that so many people are new to MMA and have not been following it long enough to make informed opinions.
New? LOL........been there since UFC #1 early 90's. PRIDE for at least half of their run.....Both guys were "released" from UFC either way, obviously they were either not performing or had lost several fights in a row. the whole "i want my release randomly" is pretty fraudulent. I will go look this up to see if what you posted was accurate or not. I don't keep files on each fighter and their W-L, I go by what i recall.........

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
OK, arlovski lost twice in a row to sylvia in UFC then won 3 straight in UFC before "leaving"......AFTER losing to fedor he went on a 3 fight skid, the one I was referring too (4 fight loss streak including the fedor fight)....I had thought it was during/leading up to the fedor fight. either way, he was getting his ass kicked around in SF for sure and apparently felt he couldn't win the UFC belt, probably the reason he left there. Sylvia lost to coutore and nog and won a decision vs vera before leaving the UFC....pretty close to a 3 fight losing streak, but yeah....he won one inbetween....my bad.... either way I am sure they wanted him out of there, I recall him fighting pisspoor his last fights dancing and running around trying not to get KO'd in UFC then he turned up elsewhere.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Dana is full of shyt. I need not say more about that, how many guys "would never fight in the UFC" have we seen in the UFC? or were allowed to return? He is always talking someone up or down and then his actions are the opposite of his words. OK........but anyways, both arlovski and sylvia share one thing in common....they both seemed to fall out of favor with the UFC in some form or fashion and both made for boring fights towards the end. Too much dancing around, I'm afraid to get KO'd crap.......BOTH of them. As for arlovski, were his last few fights on the main card? the prelims? unaired? I recall his 2 title fight losses vividly, but barely recall any of those wins .....and you can ask comcast, I've been a subscriber to UFC PPV's every year they were broadcast (there were the PPV banishment years in there). Perhaps if you stop talking down to anybody who DARES talk bad about "your fighters" that you seem to favor in a condescending manner ("you guys must be 'new' UFC fans).....and instead understand that not everyone thinks fedor is such a great champion and legend....and not everybody thinks arlovski and sylvia were such great competition post UFC days....you might not be arguing with fellow MMA fans so much.....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Mike Tyson's final fight and loss to Kevin McBride was "embarrassing" but does anyone make the argument that Kevin McBride was a greater fighter than Tyson?

I don't think so.
dude, c'mon now man.......he was submitted by werdum right, then he was beaten half to death and within an inch of his life by bigfoot sylva and hendo.....I was waiting for him to be exposed finally in SF, since I feel his opponents previously left a LOT to be desired.....he avoided overeem as if his life depended on it.....he got lucky beating rogers....then was submitted and then beaten horribly by the next two guys. funny how once he got on Live american TV FINALLY.....he lost 3 in a row, and WOW fighting world class guys in their prime..go figure. He is a fraud, I've said this for years waiting for him to A) fight top competition and B) fight live in the UFC or SF or wherever here in the USA.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fighting Nog and CC isn't fighting top competition? There seems to be a lot that you don't recall as you have clearly shown in this thread. The only people that bash Fedor are people that do not have enough knowledge of MMA-plain and simple. Fighters, trainers, analysts....hell, practically anyone not named Dana White all agree that Fedor is a legend and the only other fighter that could be a contender for GOAT is Andy (and I freaking hate Anderson Silva).

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Well I have been a fan of MMA for just as long as anybody else.....and I have stated my opinions in here and stand by them. I feel I have posted more than enough info/"proof" to back my statements and beliefs. we'll leave it at that........

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, all you have done deny the counter evidence and focus solely on the latter part of Fedor's career instead of putting into perspective as a whole and the context of his reign. You have to remember that you're not only trashing Fedor, but also Noguiera.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Alright... everyone take a breather and enjoy this promo I found:
[video=youtube;4Y8prwdviyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8prwdviyg[/video]

mh625

Awards
Well thats cool Rodja after this thread is over maybe u and Fedor can get an apartment together. Lets look at the Hendo and Fedor fight, I am a Hendo fan but do u think he would have even been a challenge for Overeem. I mean u bring up Fedors titles I was just saying Overeem holds the other three biggest titles in combat sports (besides the UFC). I mean unless WAMMA and rings u consider to be huge events full of the greatest fighters. Your right Fedor should have been in line for the SF title after the win against Rogers but Fedor and his management were ducking Overeem. Go ahead and post some bull**** saying he wasnt ducking him, or that Fedor would've stood a chance anyway. I forgot I was talking to MMAs best historian and know it all you r the greatest man don't let anybody tell u different.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thats cool Rodja after this thread is over maybe u and Fedor can get an apartment together. Lets look at the Hendo and Fedor fight, I am a Hendo fan but do u think he would have even been a challenge for Overeem. I mean u bring up Fedors titles I was just saying Overeem holds the other three biggest titles in combat sports (besides the UFC). I mean unless WAMMA and rings u consider to be huge events full of the greatest fighters. Your right Fedor should have been in line for the SF title after the win against Rogers but Fedor and his management were ducking Overeem. Go ahead and post some bull**** saying he wasnt ducking him, or that Fedor would've stood a chance anyway. I forgot I was talking to MMAs best historian and know it all you r the greatest man don't let anybody tell u different.
yawn.gif

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol

Well I can't wait for this fight, I do think Lesnar is underrated, check out the interview with Jay Hieron http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jay-Hieron-Brock-Lesnar-is-a-whole-different-animal.html

I think Alistar will win, I think hes in Brocks head, if Overreem can stuff a takedown and land 1 decent shot to Brock, I think Brock is going to worry so much he is gonna get KO'd

I don't know what to think about Fedor, he looks wicked training, all his fights he has looked wicked in, not counting his last 3.........I think the Werdum fight was luck, he had him dropped and was overzealous, same with the Henderson fight. Big Foot there was just too much of a size difference. I would love to see Fedor fight at 205.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still excited for this fight.LOL

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
lol

Well I can't wait for this fight, I do think Lesnar is underrated, check out the interview with Jay Hieron http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jay-Hieron-Brock-Lesnar-is-a-whole-different-animal.html

I think Alistar will win, I think hes in Brocks head, if Overreem can stuff a takedown and land 1 decent shot to Brock, I think Brock is going to worry so much he is gonna get KO'd

I don't know what to think about Fedor, he looks wicked training, all his fights he has looked wicked in, not counting his last 3.........I think the Werdum fight was luck, he had him dropped and was overzealous, same with the Henderson fight. Big Foot there was just too much of a size difference. I would love to see Fedor fight at 205.
Put him in the UFC on a 3 fight contract? He'll be beaten and bloodied or submitted in EVERY ONE of the the 3 fights and dana will send him on his way. He'll be 0-6 in the "big leagues" here in the USA. Dana will not let him fight any stiffs, he'll line him right up with brock or overeem or dos santos (OK I admit he will KO lesnar, but thats it LOL)....whoever. They will bust his ass just like the guys did in SF. I'd LOVE to see it, sign him up dana.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Well thats cool Rodja after this thread is over maybe u and Fedor can get an apartment together. .
LOL, I did laugh at this....pretty funny albeit an old line. Not sure why some people "in the MMA media" or "MMA experts" are so hyped on this guy (fedor)....They so bad want "the legend" to be "true", even when he is beaten and bloodied 3 times in a row....they are exalting him as the greatest ever. I suppose fighting old over the hill decrepit mark coleman who just bear hugged his legs and held on for dear life really put fedors career over the top LOL or maybe it was fighting brett rogers, that was another impressive win. too bad he lost to all the guys who were top flight and in their prime....OH shouldn't the greatest of all time be able to beat those guys? or at least ONE of them? BWA!.......

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just remember Overeem had 3 losses in a row as well, no one ever expected him to turn up at the top. As a fan of Fedor I agree with you, I do want the legend to be true. At the end of the day im an mma fan and would love to see Fedor in the UFC fighting the best win or lose, I want to find out if he has it in him to make a comeback. But come on, he did drop Werdum and Henderson, loss both fights by being overzealous.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Overeem is "another one".....he does come up injured or for whatever reason he can't fight in some big showdown, and he has been on losing streaks.....In the UFC he will have his chance to prove himself to the viewing public just the same as fedor did in SF. Fedor failed miserably, and for overeem the jury is still out. I just hope mr injury/sick #1 and mr injury/sick #2 actually FIGHT this friday lol. I just have this feeling one of them will pull out last minute....they seem to have this in their blood.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't say that!!! lol

Now you jinxed it :lol:

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Don't say that!!! lol

Now you jinxed it :lol:
BWAHAHAHA! lets be real, overeem just pulled out of the SF grand prix deal recently, lesnar fell ill what? twice? for big fights.... if I recall correct in the last year or two. its like the battle of the sickly injured big guys......who, if either of them, will make it to the fight in one piece? LOL

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BWAHAHAHA! lets be real, overeem just pulled out of the SF grand prix deal recently, lesnar fell ill what? twice? for big fights.... if I recall correct in the last year or two. its like the battle of the sickly injured big guys......who, if either of them, will make it to the fight in one piece? LOL
O no, this reminds me of........[video=youtube;Gqw1FI1hfJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqw1FI1hfJA[/video]

mh625

Awards
Yeah they both have had some injuries. I hope this drug testing issue with Overeem is good and the fight actually happens. I do think Overeem pulled out of the SF GP because he had no other fights left that were appealing he already avenged the loss to Werdum and Fedor had been beat up too so why would he stay in the GP to win a chance to fight the SF champ pointless he had the belt already, I think the whole point of the GP was to try and match up him and Fedor.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah they both have had some injuries. I hope this drug testing issue with Overeem is good and the fight actually happens. I do think Overeem pulled out of the SF GP because he had no other fights left that were appealing he already avenged the loss to Werdum and Fedor had been beat up too so why would he stay in the GP to win a chance to fight the SF champ pointless he had the belt already, I think the whole point of the GP was to try and match up him and Fedor.
yeah but overeem should have run the tournament out just to please the fans.....the fans were looking forward to seeing him fight whoever, especially fedor, but any of the other big names would have sufficed......f-ing over the fans like that might be part of the reason he gets a bad name among many MMA fans. He can't always think about what he wants or what is best for him, sometimes you just gotta fight who they put in front of you and please the mob.

mh625

Awards
yeah but overeem should have run the tournament out just to please the fans.....the fans were looking forward to seeing him fight whoever, especially fedor, but any of the other big names would have sufficed......f-ing over the fans like that might be part of the reason he gets a bad name among many MMA fans. He can't always think about what he wants or what is best for him, sometimes you just gotta fight who they put in front of you and please the mob.
Yeah thats true I was looking forward to seeing maybe him and Barnett. I was pretty pissed when he backed out.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah thats true I was looking forward to seeing maybe him and Barnett. I was pretty pissed when he backed out.
That is exactly what I was thinking, barnett vs overeem....what a fight right? I like to see barnett fight just about anybody, that guy is crazy as fuq lol. and oddly enough smart as well.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
lol

Fedor never had a clean shot on werdum in that fight. The punch grazed him and werdum was already falling back when fedor threw it. Werdum just played possum and fedor fell for it hook line and sinker. So no the werdum fight wasn't luck, fedor just got caught.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor never had a clean shot on werdum in that fight. The punch grazed him and werdum was already falling back when fedor threw it. Werdum just played possum and fedor fell for it hook line and sinker. So no the werdum fight wasn't luck, fedor just got caught.
I agree with this. Too many people are trying to be Fedor detractors due to the Zuffa influence on MMA in the US.