Advice

jaffy

jaffy

Awards
Hello I am decent wrestler but sometimes I get to nervous when I am about to wrestle and hesitate to do moves. What should I do

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
I used to be them same way in almost all of my sports , best thing to do is to keep doing it, you will get comfortable enough to where you won't get nervous. Just relax

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
In MMA and boxing you have the guys who will just attack immediately from the bell... no fear, ultra-aggressive. Then there are other guys who take their time to let their nerves settle, feel out their opponent, and be more "reactive" rather than proactive. Even some of the best guys - think of Anderson Silva. When has he ever ran across the octagon and jumped into a fight? He always methodically tests out his opponent... measures his range, etc... cold, calculating.

Where I'm going with this is - maybe your style would be better suited to be the Anderson Silva - the counter-wrestler... the reactive one. Feel out your opponent. Study. Capitalize on their errors and aggressiveness. Take the pressure off yourself and put it on them to do something...

Just don't get called for stalling...gotta be clever about it.

C Rex

C Rex

Awards
I used to be them same way in almost all of my sports , best thing to do is to keep doing it, you will get comfortable enough to where you won't get nervous. Just relax
Couldn't have said it better myself. Nerves are a part of all sport, but when you get your techniques down enough where they are second nature, muscle memory will take over. Practice, practice, practice.