Jones vs. Machida quick video preview

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
[video=youtube;3awhIoL54fY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awhIoL54fY&feature=pl ayer_embedded[/video]

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Some epic fights tonight. Epic finishes more like!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah man..I think Big Nog getting his arm broke really sucked. I dont think Mir will beat Brock again if he gets the chance. That gash was nasty on machidas head...Jones has some crazy elbows

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
yeah man..I think Big Nog getting his arm broke really sucked. I dont think Mir will beat Brock again if he gets the chance. That gash was nasty on machidas head...Jones has some crazy elbows
Heard a rumor that Mir is fighting Cain next. That would be a short fight. Nog's hands are nowhere near as fast as Cains and Nog almost KO'd Mir.
You have to give it to Machida though, he looked better than any other opponent that Jones faced in recent times.
I really ....really should have put money on the korean zombie. Whoever did made bank!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Heard a rumor that Mir is fighting Cain next. That would be a short fight. Nog's hands are nowhere near as fast as Cains and Nog almost KO'd Mir.
You have to give it to Machida though, he looked better than any other opponent that Jones faced in recent times.
I really ....really should have put money on the korean zombie. Whoever did made bank!
Zombie with his 7 second KO...I missed it. My buddy was like hey look at this...Knockout....I was like WTF!!! Thankfully they showed a replay..LOL And yeh Machida looked so good...I thought he had it. He's got those precision shots. Everytime He ran in with that Karate Furry i was like..This is it!!!

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Man I like Jones but I think when Machida lost consciousness, Jones should have looked over and said "He's out" to Herb Dean... that extra 2-3 seconds of squeezing starts to get into dangerous territory with someone as strong as Jones...

Oh and sucks about Big Nog's arm....

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
i was like..This is it!!!
Hahaha...ah man you and me both brotha. "The dragon's got it!....he's.....sh!t!!! NO NO NO"

Man I like Jones but I think when Machida lost consciousness, Jones should have looked over and said "He's out" to Herb Dean... that extra 2-3 seconds of squeezing starts to get into dangerous territory with someone as strong as Jones...
I put all the blame on the ref. Granted the arm he was looking at was stuck, but it's his one and only job so he should be looking more closely. If he (jones) gave it up and somehow lost (though it was probably pretty clear he was out) Like that kid who gave up a choke recently....was it on TUF or.... Akira fight?...hmmm anyway....

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
Kind of a dick move for jones but machida was the one guy i thought could take him, i thnk rashad is just trying to sell the fight, but hell look to go to the ground quick and control from there, not that bader, hamil, or the janitor could i think rashad might have the advantage there of his training with him but thats where it ends

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Kind of a dick move for jones but machida was the one guy i thought could take him, i thnk rashad is just trying to sell the fight, but hell look to go to the ground quick and control from there, not that bader, hamil, or the janitor could i think rashad might have the advantage there of his training with him but thats where it ends
The question is - who really can beat Jones? Rashad has a slight chance... Phil Davis, slight chance.... Hendo, slight chance.... but then who? I could see Jones ruling the division for a long time

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
Easy answer is jones (can beat jones) , but being in Greg jacksons camp im sure is keeping him grounded with his head on straight. But the horizon is always changing quick in MMA. How many guys has it been said "who can beat them" then they lose. Recently st pierre, bj at lw, machida,fedor, uriah, miguel torres were all tossed around as unbeatable, but then again.., damn jones looks good

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
I agree but the same thing was said of st. Pierre, penn, machida, torres, faber, fedor...