nemo

Awards
  • Established
They both look like shyt!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Good to see Diaz putting the lid on the attitude and paying respects. Least I hope thats what that was:D

LOL Is BJ icing his balls???

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see Diaz putting the lid on the attitude and paying respects. Least I hope thats what that was:D

LOL Is BJ icing his balls???
I don't think BJ and Nick are "pals," but Nick and Nate have both helped BJ in training camp before (in Hawaii no less, so you know they blazed together) so they've always been cool with each other. You'll notice short of the kabuki theater at weigh-ins, both Nick and BJ shyed away from saying anything bad about the other fighter in all their interviews leading up to the fight. Nick had a poster of BJ in his room when Nick was coming up and BJ was one of his favorite fighters, almost a la Mirko CroCop to Pat Barry. BJ also called up Nick about the fight when it was proposed and they talked about it, so they're on good terms. Any kind of disrepect between the two was more then likely agreed upon kabuki theater to hype the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if BJ helps Nick train for GSP. Even if BJ does officially retire, I'm confident he'll still train.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I don't think BJ and Nick are "pals," but Nick and Nate have both helped BJ in training camp before (in Hawaii no less, so you know they blazed together) so they've always been cool with each other. You'll notice short of the kabuki theater at weigh-ins, both Nick and BJ shyed away from saying anything bad about the other fighter in all their interviews leading up to the fight. Nick had a poster of BJ in his room when Nick was coming up and BJ was one of his favorite fighters, almost a la Mirko CroCop to Pat Barry. BJ also called up Nick about the fight when it was proposed and they talked about it, so they're on good terms. Any kind of disrepect between the two was more then likely agreed upon kabuki theater to hype the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if BJ helps Nick train for GSP. Even if BJ does officially retire, I'm confident he'll still train.
Yeah definitely nothing disrespectful leading up to the weigh ins and even then like you said its just to pump up the fight. I think a little to pump himself up too.

mh625

Awards
Yeah I agree I read somewhere Nick was really having trouble trying to find motivation to train for this fight. He looked very impressive cant wait for the GSP fight.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I agree I read somewhere Nick was really having trouble trying to find motivation to train for this fight. He looked very impressive cant wait for the GSP fight.
I read what Nick had to do to pump himself up was to keep telling himself that because BJ Penn left Cesar Gracie, that he was a traitor to his trainer. Apparently, he had to replay that logic in his mind over & over to get himself fired up to beat BJ down.

GameSpeed

Awards
that's a great pic!! that's how it should be every time two warriors are done going at each other.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Prince IronMag Labs 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 5
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 2