Nick Diaz Out! Carlos Condit vs. GSP at UFC 137

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
uhh........I meant Diaz back in!!

no..... I mean.....GSP out!
Condit vs Diaz UFC 143!! ...till further notice I guess...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26422/champ-st-pierre-injured-diaz-vs-condit-for-interim-title-at-ufc-143.mma

"
A serious injury has forced Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) out of UFC 143's main event and will sideline him for 10 months.

With the titleholder shelved due to an ACL injury, officials have booked his original opponent, Nick Diaz (26-7 MMA, 7-4 UFC), to meet Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC) for an interim belt in the event's new headliner. "

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Condit had a better chance against BJ

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to see the lines for this fight. I might throw a little on Condit.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge Condit fan. His last fight was nuts!

Side note, Cesar is pissssssssed

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diaz is a pure jacka$$.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
sweeeet. They are now feeding Diaz to BJ Penn. :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta say, I hope BJ destroys him. However, the trash talking for that fight will be monumental. Condit/GSP will be polite and respectful, while Penn/Diaz is going to be nuts

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I gotta say, I hope BJ destroys him. However, the trash talking for that fight will be monumental. Condit/GSP will be polite and respectful, while Penn/Diaz is going to be nuts
Destroy is the word that comes to mind for sure. When it was GSP/Diaz people kept saying, Diaz will bring the fight to George which will make it "interesting". Thing is with BJ (for all his light weight fights) the one thing you don't do is bring the fight to him. Just ask Diego:D

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
I'm from Hawaii and had the chance to train at Penn fitness when working in Hilo, although BJ is one of my favorite fighters, so is Diaz, it's gonna be a good fight, but I gotta go with the local boy. I just hope BJ takes it serious like his LW fights

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
BJ vs Diaz was a hell of a fight. I'm shocked!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's complete BS that Diaz is now getting the shot ahead of Condit.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
It's complete BS that Diaz is now getting the shot ahead of Condit.
I'm sure Condit is being compensated generously but there can't be enough money in the world to make him feel ok about this.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chael called it like last week, that the winner of Penn/Diaz may jump ahead of Condit for the shot at GSP. The UFC tends to go with what's hot, above a lot of other criteria and if it's hot enough, that hot match can usurp a lot of things.

I wonder what Nick's going to say on the mic after GSP wrestles him to death. Truth be told, I'd rather see those two standing on their feet, but knowing GSP, he'll do what's most effective, which of course will be to wrestle Diaz.

Sucks how defeated BJ looked. Who looked more down trodden post fight, Fedor post Bigfoot or BJ post Diaz?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chael called it like last week, that the winner of Penn/Diaz may jump ahead of Condit for the shot at GSP. The UFC tends to go with what's hot, above a lot of other criteria and if it's hot enough, that hot match can usurp a lot of things.

I wonder what Nick's going to say on the mic after GSP wrestles him to death. Truth be told, I'd rather see those two standing on their feet, but knowing GSP, he'll do what's most effective, which of course will be to wrestle Diaz.

Sucks how defeated BJ looked. Who looked more down trodden post fight, Fedor post Bigfoot or BJ post Diaz?
BJ looked worse emotionally. Fedor still wanted to fight, but BJ was just holding on the entire 3rd round. Yet again, I have lost more fighters that I love to watch. A very sad farewell to Baby Jay and Mirko.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
He did look broken. Like some depressing heart warming movie where they immediately cut to BJ running inside his house and picks up his kids and they all cry together as he hugs them.

But yeah...GSP the wrestler is gonna be in full force. Diaz will be Serra'd

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm open to the idea of being shocked in the GSP/Diaz fight. The GSP/Diaz fight seems too scripted, being that we can all clearly see the crystal ball of GSP Serra'ing, Hughes'ing, Alves'ing, Fitch'ing Diaz to a very predictable decision via TD's, top control and GnP. No one to date has been abe to stop GSP's wrestling offensive and though I don't see Diaz really stopping the TD or even pulling off any kind of sub from the bottom, a part of me would not be surprised if Nick somehow pulls something off. Especially in a 5 round fight where he can come out like its round one for all five rounds. Also, I'm suspecting Nick's reach will cause more problems then people expect. I'm still going with GSP intellectually, but I have an x-factor feeling for Nick.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I still was lookin' forward to condit/gsp,.. oh well!!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I tend to think Diaz is overrated,. and BJ is past his prime!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I tend to think Diaz is overrated,. and BJ is past his prime!
Past his prime I don't know, but you can say maybe at WW his gas tank is not great... but BJ was his toughest fight IMO to date and he looked pretty good

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I give Diaz credit for the performance from Saturday, but fighting a motivated and "angry" GSP is entirely different. I dont see any way that Diaz wins this fight outside of a "Serra-esque" upset.

GSP is going to take him down and maul him for 5 rounds. 50-45 decision

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Past his prime I don't know, but you can say maybe at WW his gas tank is not great... but BJ was his toughest fight IMO to date and he looked pretty good
His record at WW and higher is pretty unspectacular (4-5-1), but you have to give him all the credit in the world for fighting above his weight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I give Diaz credit for the performance from Saturday, but fighting a motivated and "angry" GSP is entirely different. I dont see any way that Diaz wins this fight outside of a "Serra-esque" upset.

GSP is going to take him down and maul him for 5 rounds. 50-45 decision
His record at WW and higher is pretty unspectacular (4-5-1), but you have to give him all the credit in the world for fighting above his weight.
Yeah Penn is no GSP or no top tier WW for that matter. Certainly not a bum is my point. I'm not betting my rent money on Diaz, but I'd like to see GSP in some danger of a submission. I don't see him defending much of the take downs which will certaily be all night long.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to see GSP lose. Not so much because I want Nick to win so bad, I would have been happy seeing Condit win, I'd just like to see things shaken up for a change, but I don't see what Nick or any WW could do against a GSP who's come to wrestle.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Might want update the title, now it is Diaz vs Condit

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Might want update the title, now it is Diaz vs Condit
I think I can only update the first post lol....but yeah good point. I bet Condit has a big smile right now...he's in a better spot than he was when DW screwed him over.