Overeem vs werdum

Garder

Awards
Is anyone streaming strikeforce tonight or know of a good site? PM me

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I am watching this live right now and I gotta say, wow, these look like Amateur fighters when compared to UFC...

Their "B" cast is god awful. Just absolutely awful.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that was pretty bad - couldn't believe how bad both Overeem and Werdum looked.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big Reem fan, but based on this performance, Cain would run through him. Reem couldnt keep the pace that Cain would push. As I felt all along: Werdum is awful. He fell into the Fedor win, and really has few impressive victories outside of that.

I was surprised with how good Barnett still is, and I believe he will destroy Kharitonov and then possibly beat Reem in the finals

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big Reem fan, but based on this performance, Cain would run through him. Reem couldnt keep the pace that Cain would push. As I felt all along: Werdum is awful. He fell into the Fedor win, and really has few impressive victories outside of that.

I was surprised with how good Barnett still is, and I believe he will destroy Kharitonov and then possibly beat Reem in the finals
I've been saying this for ages, but Overeem's accomplishments in K-1 doesn't mean a damn thing in MMA. The difference in his stance was night and day as he was never able to get his feet planted and it showed. The scary part for Overeem is that Werdum was able to land a decent amount of punches and knees that he should have seen coming. I will say that I was really wrong about the cardio factor, though, as it was Werdum that actually gassed out before Overeem did, but they both still looked really bad in the 3rd round.

Barnett looked as I expected him to look. His grappling was just too good for Rogers and, unlike Fedor, Barnett is roughly the same size as Rogers, too. Him v Kharitonov I think will decide the winner of the tournament. Kharitonov already beat the hell out of Overeem (the last person to beat Overeem in MMA) and Barnett should be smart enough to mix his game up and use roughly the same gameplan that he used against Rogers: press him against the cage, tire him out, and then go for a submission.

Griggs may be one of my favorite fighters now. He's only marginally gifted when it comes to physical attributes, but, damn, there is not a more game fighter out there. Granted, Valentijn has never had the biggest heart, but to manage to only incur one leg kick as the only damage against him was really impressive.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established

It wasn't that Overeem couldn't go fast, he turned a fight into a chess match. Rather than fighting on werdum's terms, he made sure that he would win. This was not a fight for the people, it was a fight for Overeem. I was not proud of his actions but the man needed the win. His last fight Werdum called him his son, honestly I wouldn't play his game either.

I do believe this will come down to kharitonov and overeem though. I hate to kiss fedor's ass but the old fedor would have beat overeem. He fought like a warrior guns a blazing no matter the scenario.

But, Overeem is still the best thing that is out there right now.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think Reem looked bad because he was constantly looking and worried for the takedown. Did the sprawl well.
Didn't want to risk being submitted twice by the DUM.

Werdum looked like a Dumb ass. If he wanted the fight to the ground he should have used wrestling, trips whatever. Anything other than the flop to your ass move.

Fedor fell for that and the Reem learned from it.

DaBeast

DaBeast

Awards
Overeem can't hang with dos santos or gain imho. Not even carwin.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Reem/JDS would be the most exciting fight out there. I think that Carwin would get crushed by Reem, while Cain most likely wins against him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aleksandar37 MMA 9
Anabolics 4
MMA 13
MMA 7
VolcomX311 MMA 4