Brock Lesnar is out of UFC 131

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I think Dos Santos would have ate him up. Lesnar has nothing for him on the feet and DS claims to be comfortable on his back (ppl belt in BJJ)...even though there is a chance Lesnar wouldn't of been able to get it to the ground anyway.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carwin has 1 punch KO power. That always gives you a chance. Throw in the fact that he has great wrestling and you bet your ass he has a chance. A slight dog, at best.

Bubbles

Bubbles

Awards
This totally sucks. I wanted to see Junior knock Lesnar the f*ck out!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had Brock put JDS on his back, it would have been a bad day for Cigano. Frank Mir is a much more bred BJJ'ist then JDS. Hell, Mir has probably been a blackbelt longer then JDS has practice BJJ in general and Brock had Mir's ground defense well neutered. That being said, I don't suspect Brock would have gotten close enough to JDS without getting lit up by 1,2,3 combos. Furthermore, Brock's MMA TD's are projected as all hell and can be seen in 3D at your local movie theater, so although Brock is my boy, I didn't like his chances too much against JDS. Even if Brock had theoretically beaten JDS, he would have certainly lost again to Cain, imho. I'd love to see Cigano vs Velasquez for the championship fight, because that's the highest caliber of MMA talent vs MMA talent in the HW division, imho. That being stated, Carwin has the power to KO anyone, so we'll see if he can land in round one, otherwise, I think Carwin will get beat by his own conditioning beyond that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone else seen the interview with Bigfoot saying Brock bitched out?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anyone else seen the interview with Bigfoot saying Brock bitched out?
Just read about it. BigFoot is claiming Brock is faking his illness to duck fighting JDS. I like Bigfoot too..... eh.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big Foot is a bit ridiculous. He is just trying to get in the news a bit.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big Foot is a bit ridiculous. He is just trying to get in the news a bit.
He's turned his attention to Josh Barnett now.

“I’ve been fighting since 2004 and have never had any issues with another athlete, even the most stuck-up. Friendship, for me, is everything, but Josh is a weird guy, a guy who doesn’t greet you when you enter the elevator, doesn’t even say ‘good morning.’ It’s how he treats Brazilian fighters especially. It’s the same thing with [Barnett and] Werdum.

“But when [Barnett] sees Fedor, Dana White or [Lorenzo] Fertitta, he runs to them and stays by their side all the time. He makes me sick. He’s the classic kiss-ass, a rude man … I really want to face Barnett and I’ve already said I consider him a filthy person, even though he is a great fighter, and that I’ll beat him up and close both of his eyes.”
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4666:bigfoot-silva-has-some-choice-words-for-josh-barnett&catid=34:organizations&Itemid=106

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that came from the same interview. I don't recall Barnett saying a bad word about Nog and they fought twice. Bigfoot is starting to really get on my nerves.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Barnett thing I don't really care too much about, but his comments on Brock are ridiculous. He's an a-hole for that one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering he's already been close to death because of it, it's pretty ****ed up of him to say anything about his illness. He still took 2 fights after that. He may have been beaten down pretty badly by Carwin in the first round, but he never quit and came back to win.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I don't think he's winning any fans over with a low blow like that.

mh625

Awards
I watched an episode of inside mma and bigfoot was a guest I think he is just trying to promote himself he predicts Verdum to beat Overeem and I think that is just ridiculous I want to see Overeem and JDS or Cain and personally think Overeem murders either one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I watched an episode of inside mma and bigfoot was a guest I think he is just trying to promote himself he predicts Verdum to beat Overeem and I think that is just ridiculous I want to see Overeem and JDS or Cain and personally think Overeem murders either one.
Overeem will get mauled be an elite wrestler with speed. He has gotten sooooooo slow with his strikes. They are very accurate and powerful, but his feet are completely planted in the ground with no bounce. I think Cain easily beats Overeem on heart and cardio, which are 2 things that Overeem does not have.

mh625

Awards
No cardio really? when have you seen overeem get gased and I would disagree with him being slow i watched K-1 he is just patient and waits to throw when he knows it will be precise and devistating. Go and rewatch him and Dufee I dont care what anyone says but Duffee is a great athlete and is not slow at all and Overeem made him look like a fool.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No cardio really? when have you seen overeem get gased and I would disagree with him being slow i watched K-1 he is just patient and waits to throw when he knows it will be precise and devistating. Go and rewatch him and Dufee I dont care what anyone says but Duffee is a great athlete and is not slow at all and Overeem made him look like a fool.
no one can compare Duffee to a Cain.

I think Rodja's point is valid for the 205 Overeem, where is heart and cardio were certainly a question. With that said, Cain would need to be careful with Reem, and would need to keep it on the ground asap. If he does, he would pound Overeem out in short order IMO. With whats left in the tourney, I dont see Overeem losing, but against Cain, he could be in serious trouble. That guy hits hard and doesnt gas at all

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really just made my point: Overeem hasn't proven anything at HW. Using Todd Duffee as your reasoning further illustrates this fact. Watch his fights in Pride against Chuck, Rog Nog, Arona, and Shogun. Those fights show a guy without cardio and no heart. He is supremely talented, but there is no way in hell he would last more than a round in MMA now.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really just made my point: Overeem hasn't proven anything at HW. Using Todd Duffee as your reasoning further illustrates this fact. Watch his fights in Pride against Chuck, Rog Nog, Arona, and Shogun. Those fights show a guy without cardio and no heart. He is supremely talented, but there is no way in hell he would last more than a round in MMA now.
I do think you would have to admit that Reem is better suited at HW than LHW. I think the Werdum fight could tell us alot. If Werdum is successful getting it to the ground, we will tell if Reem has matured or not.

I agree, any wrestler worth his salt will give Reem fits, but if Reem can keep it standing, he can ko and HW out there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do think you would have to admit that Reem is better suited at HW than LHW. I think the Werdum fight could tell us alot. If Werdum is successful getting it to the ground, we will tell if Reem has matured or not.

I agree, any wrestler worth his salt will give Reem fits, but if Reem can keep it standing, he can ko and HW out there.
His frame is better suited for HW, but in the 230-235 range a la against Buentello or Kharitonov. Overeem has great submissions as evidenced by his 2005 ADCC European Championship, but MMA grappling is different.