Elevation Mask.....Comments, Experiences, Thoughts....

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I have read some comments and stuff about the elevation mask and was wondering if anyone on here has used the Elevation Mask for cardio training.....if so what do you think about it? Worth the money? Any problems you had with it or thoughts about it in general?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not worth it. There have been some recent studies regarding its efficacy and they have not panned out to the hype.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not worth it. There have been some recent studies regarding its efficacy and they have not panned out to the hype.
Really?
Pro cyclists sleep in elevation chambers for this adaptation.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
even if you can get one for $40?
If you can get a legitimate one for $40, I'd say give it a shot. These basically work by restricting oxygen and getting the body to use O2 more effectively. This in turn would lead to better cardiovascular conditioning. Does it work? Who knows, but for $40 I'd give it a shot. Or you could even use a simple $5 snorkel to lessen the amount of O2 your body is taking in while doing cardio. I thought about the snorkel method once I start my diet and cardio in 3 weeks. Do you have a link for the $40 mask?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Breathing through a dual-layered mouthpiece will essentially give you the same effect.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
you guys are talkin about the Bas Rutten trainer? seems like an interesting concept id love to hear some reviews

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
you guys are talkin about the Bas Rutten trainer? seems like an interesting concept id love to hear some reviews
I'm assuming the OP is talking about the Elevation Mask being pushed by Sean Sherk.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
The Sherk version comes with a lifetime supply of
Deca to round out the conditioning.

iron fists

Awards
I think that is what victor conte is using with his mma guinnea pigs.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
yes I am talking about the sean sherk elevation mask. The theory sounds correct on how it "should" work; just wondered if anyone has actually used it. Obviously I see this as something that would take several months of use to actually notice a difference; but what difference is it and is it worth it? The money isn't the issue, it's the damn hassle of wearing it and **** if it's not going to do anything.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Maybe try using a snorkel first to see if you notice a difference in your cardio. It's essentially the same principal as the mask: air restriction.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hahah id love to see someone try to roll in one of those masks. id conveniently cover up the breathing holes lol

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
anyone get one yet, I may try this out I just don't want to pass out and die lol

mh625

Awards
I currently live in Colorado and I believe nothing can compare to the elevation I've been here for a year and I still am not used to it

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I currently live in Colorado and I believe nothing can compare to the elevation I've been here for a year and I still am not used to it
I remember the first year I went snowboarding up in Loveland and almost passed out. I believe it was 10,500ft elevation and the air was thin! Then the next day we went to Breckinridge and again I almost passed out! lol Colorado rocks!

mh625

Awards
Without a doubt there is a reason the olympic training center is here

siwibbs

Awards
I've been looking at these for a while but over here in the UK these sell for £90 which is $144.00 (approx) for you guys. I just bought one from a US site for just over $60 an hour ago. I used the voucher code on their google ad MASK20 and because I've never ordered from these guys before I got another 10% off automatically. The only downside is the $29.95 shipping to the UK but it still works out a lot cheaper for me than buying one from a UK based site. I can't obviously comment on the service yet but the site was easy to use and price wise I got what I wanted for a lot less.

I'm new on here so I can't post a link but check out mmayard.com

Once I've received it (hopefully within 10 days) I'll report back.

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
My friend bought one he claims that it's one of the best things he ever used, then a week later he wasn't using it anymore,
I've used it for 2 days but it was more uncomfortable than anything else didn't notice anything but I'm sure I needed to keep using it.

I believe it's all in the mind, I'm sure it does what it says but if you tell yourself it works it will, but if say it's crap I will ultimately think it's crap.