Strikeforce - diaz vs daley

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Couple of good fights so far.
Jardine vs Gegard was a bit of a surprise. I really expected more of a massacre with Keith being the victim.

edit: diaz/daley fight stopped just a liiiiiiittle early IMO

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Couple of good fights so far.
Jardine vs Gegard was a bit of a surprise. I really expected more of a massacre with Keith being the victim.

edit: diaz/daley fight stopped just a liiiiiiittle early IMO
Daley didn't even know where he was and needed help to sit up on a stool. It was a good stopage. Dude, just fell flat on his face.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that Jardine hung in their better than I expected, but majority draw? Damn the rules Gegard was the better fighter and winner in my book. Would like to see a rematch with a Jardine with a training camp under his belt.

Diaz/Daley?... Good fight, fight stoppage was a good call. Diaz got like 6-7 solid blows straight to Daley's face when he was on the ground. Daley wasn't even able to semi deflect a single one because he ahd no clue where they were coming from or what was happening.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I agree that Jardine hung in their better than I expected, but majority draw? Damn the rules Gegard was the better fighter and winner in my book. Would like to see a rematch with a Jardine with a training camp under his belt.

Diaz/Daley?... Good fight, fight stoppage was a good call. Diaz got like 6-7 solid blows straight to Daley's face when he was on the ground. Daley wasn't even able to semi deflect a single one because he ahd no clue where they were coming from or what was happening.
Jardine had a lot of take downs, but Gegard should have got the w. Really shows G's weakness for wrestling. Better drop down to 185 if he goes to ufc when contract is up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the Diaz fight was called too early. 3 of his punches landed during the GnP, but Daley's head was not bouncing off the mat and he was still moving.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Daley couldn't find his way to his corner....needed assistance for it. To me, good stoppage. I personally dislike both with a passion, I wanted to see a longer more drawn out fight, where they beat the snot out of each other. Diaz is the better fighter imo

iron fists

Awards
well it looked like daley's knee buckled more than it seemed he lossed his balance...they could have let him take few more just as they let diaz twice...but as far as jardine..ist not like he was fresh off the couch...he has been in the gym trying to get better and aslo help out other jackson fighters..he was in shape..although not fight shape..but none the less he is also keith jardine...the most awkward unathletic fighter ever...so even though gegard was in fight shape..he still too only had 9 days to try to prepare for a guy who deosnt even know what he is gona do....and geagrd was being taken down off of strikes...jardine just countered with takedowns...and same as the upkick, gegard has spent most of his career fighting in japan where they score fights as fights..not wrestling takedown points...so he is still stuck in the "as long as i get back up mode"..which in japan is effective ...and i am sure that gegards back doesnt look like jardines face.....but if a takedwon to nowhere is worth huge points then what about when a standup guy like gegard has to chase a guy like jardine around the cage just to actually fight becuase jardine did do alot of running...like many have said..half point system....because alot of takedowns are used to avoid actually fighting..and i know wrestling is big part of mma..but a line needs to be drawn becuase it is being used to avoin actually fighting to much and too often now....which is fine..but they need to stop rewarding for it.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Aoki had a pretty solid first round sub. Stand up (as little as we saw) seemed improved. I've only watched Beerbohm once before and he didn't seem like a total bum.