Cutting weight AND Carbs

PeoplesChamp

Awards
So my fight is 2+ weeks away. Weigh-in April 15th and fight April 16th. I have cut out lots of carbs. Breads, pasta, rice etc. Only time I have brown rice is before training and I was having white rice after training, but now I am cutting out most carbs.

My source of clean carbs is from fruits, steamed veggies, and salad. After morning cardio which I do on empty stomach, I have 1 scoop whey protein and 1 some fruit. Lunch is usually lean meat, veggies. Afternoon snack some nuts and fruit.

After my evening/night training I usually have 1 scoop protein as well and some fruit, followed 45min later by lean meat protein, veggies, and salad.

I did eat red meat and little bit more carbs Saturday, but this week is pretty strict up until weigh ins. I am after morning cardio weighing in like 179-180 lbs. I looks to cut 7-9lbs of water weight, and I will be doing a practice but this week.

Please anyone offer me some advice on carbs, cutting weight, and other thing else. Thanks..

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't come down to carbs, it's the total amount of kCal you put in.. As long as it's more then the body needs, you won't drop weight..

Are you using any other supplement then Whey ?

PeoplesChamp

Awards
No other supps besides whey. I cut out creatine, no2, and waxy maize or after workout protein/carbs drinks. I just got my physical & bloodwork at the doctor today. My weight with jeans, socks, shirt was 184lbs. I did consume water and my food intake was after morning cardio (empty stomach):

Breakfast: 1 scoop whey (canivor) protein
1 banana

Lunch: Boned Chicken Breast (little fat/no salt)
Very small piece of left over steak
Green Beans/ Broccoli
Fruit

Afternoon Meal: Lean Meat protein/veggies

I WILL POST REST OF MY DIET LATER AFTER I EAT. I AM ABOUT TO EAT AFTERNOON MEAL
ONLY TIME I AM CONSIDERING CARBS IS BEFORE MMA TRAINING. HOWEVER I MIGHT HAVE TO CUT IT OUT. I AM WEIGHING IN 179-183 RIGHT NOW.

PeoplesChamp

Awards
Ok thanks man. Good to get advice from an experienced cage fighter. I have already cut out milk, energy drinks, juices few weeks ago. I have almond milk in the mornings at times when I eat breakfast cereal. Almond milk is low in calories, sugar, carbs, and fat. If I can't have that then I will have to pick up some calcium pils, cause almond milk has calcium.

My main question is when should I have carbs. I was told that I should eat 50-80g of complex carbs before training, but I usually have less that that, about 30g. Should I only limit carbs to the morning and pre-workout?

I am about to have a snack before cardio/MMA training. 2 brown rice cakes = 120 calories, 0 fat, 30carbs w/ egg whites

I have been having protein/fruit after morning cardio instead of cereral. I was told that I should have 15-20g of simple sugar carbs after workout. I know that cutting weight involves less calories, but basically I need to know when I can have carbs.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
If you're trying to cut weight fast, only consume carbs directly after a workout. Just have some BCAAs before.

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Keep ur weight right where it is. 7-9 pounds for a night before weigh-in should be a cakewalk. Cut out carbs totally Wednesday and drink 2gallons of water Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday do your cut and take your diuretic as soon as you get up. 2 hours in the plastic and you'll make it easy.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Switch all food source to baby food. I used to be able to cut 10-20 pounds in about a week when boxing, maybe it's just me, but even this weekend I dropped 7 pounds in 2 days. Keeping and gaining weight = hard, dropping weight = breezy

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
don't eat fruits, juices, nothing.....simple carbs like sugars will make losing weight harder. When I cut for a fight I eat carbs twice a week at only like 30mg each time. I can cut over 30lbs in 5 weeks and maintain all my strength......

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't eat fruits, juices, nothing.....simple carbs like sugars will make losing weight harder. When I cut for a fight I eat carbs twice a week at only like 30mg each time. I can cut over 30lbs in 5 weeks and maintain all my strength......
This is terrible advice in every possible way. He's already within cutting range as is and basically just needs water manipulation. 10-12 lbs is not even 7% and an easy cut.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
This is terrible advice in every possible way. He's already within cutting range as is and basically just needs water manipulation. 10-12 lbs is not even 7% and an easy cut.
he is also I'm assuming an amateur, which means he will be weighing in same day.....if he doesn't know how to cut weight properly or diet and is worried about it like this.....then I believe it would be pretty safe to assume that this would be his first fight.

Assuming all that, him cutting 10-12lbs of "water" will kill him because of the emotional strain of the fight and the adrenaline dump.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First post states he has a day between weigh-in and fight.