UFC 128

stresmb

Awards
Hi all. Goin to UFC 128 tomrw to see my bjj coach Kurt Pellegrino fight. He is back after 8-9 months of rehab and training from his acl tear. This fight will be free on Facebook too! Card in general is pretty sick and I am pumped! Anyone have predictions?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Jones did not look all that good to me against Bader. He won but he was flat.

He better bring a better fight than that against Rua. All that Pride experience will make Rua extremely dangerous for Jones who does not many fights against top ranked opponents.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Jones did not look all that good to me against Bader. He won but he was flat.

He better bring a better fight than that against Rua. All that Pride experience will make Rua extremely dangerous for Jones who does not many fights against top ranked opponents.
Really? The fight that ended in TKO after Jones out-wrestled the guy who's known for his wrestling? I'm not saying tonight's fight is a gimme by any means. If anything, I'd say it's possibly an even match up, but I don't know what it takes to impress you if Jones' last fight didn't do it.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think Jones has fought stepping stones and gatekeepers but no top 10. Skilled fighters always look their best against these. We shall see how good he really is tonight.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the fence for Jones vs Shogun. Jones is the stronger more athletic fighter, but Shogun is the more skilled more experienced. Jones will probably be nervous for this fight. I dont know i think its anyone's fight.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Really? The fight that ended in TKO after Jones out-wrestled the guy who's known for his wrestling? I'm not saying tonight's fight is a gimme by any means. If anything, I'd say it's possibly an even match up, but I don't know what it takes to impress you if Jones' last fight didn't do it.
Jones strength is dynamic striking. He looked flat and never took the fight to Bader. He won so apparently he did execute a solid game plan but Bader is no Rua. I don't see him doing well against Rua if he fights tenatively again.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
So far, Jones it is,...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spoiler

I hate when they do the whole "welcome to the (throw in most recent newly crowned champion) era" but I have to say I can actually see that happening with Jones. He made Shogun look like a bum. He has the skills and the physical ability to be dominate. That reach is a nasty thing to overcome. Shogun was basically just running in just to get in range. He has the right type of wrestling background. Plus didnt seem to be phased by the big stage. It FEELS like the most likely way he would lose is random wtf a la Matt Serra.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Jones was ridiculous I don't know anyone that can give him a run in lightheavyweight at this point.....

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Well I guess Jones is the real deal. The reach and wrestling advantage had Shogun neutralized. Very one sided. Who can tame the reach?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
So far, in every interview I saw before this fight, Jones is very humble. If he does not let the fame, press, and Dana White pull a "Don King" on his brain, he'll be a great champion. Incredible combination of skills and ability for sure. It's nice to see a young guy shake up what in my opinion had been becoming a stale division.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
bones jones baby!!

i knew this kid was good the first fight i saw him in.

the f'ing man.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
and did anyone happen to catch that 3 hours before the fight he stopped a man from robbing a lady in the park and held him in a leg lock untill the cops showed up!

amazing.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I saw that. Reading about it was way less annoying than hearing his version though. Leave the stories to the writers and the fighting to the fighters, I say.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea bones is the man. i wanna see more high flying greco tosses next time he fights!!

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Impressive as hell, and he's actually vicious, too. Side stomps aimed at the injured knee, rape choke, chin-grinds, forearm on throat...natural born killer.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Impressive as hell, and he's actually vicious, too. Side stomps aimed at the injured knee, rape choke, chin-grinds, forearm on throat...natural born killer.
Natural born in so many ways.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
That was my least favorite part. I'm not much into nationalism, though. I actually like and respect both fighters quite a bit.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea the USA chants are gay. this isnt USA vs Brazil people

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This guy and this guy only. He fights out of India.

Haha that would be an epic match up.

yea bones is the man. i wanna see more high flying greco tosses next time he fights!!
Agreed got to love the tosses. Throws people around like rag dolls.

Dont forget the headbutt to the chest :sgrin:

yea the USA chants are gay. this isnt USA vs Brazil people
It really is annoying. I could see if the person was anti American or something, but I cant think of a fighter who openly says they hate America :think: It isnt like this is the Cold War or the WWE where lame story lines are needed to make things interesting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I could have done without the Chants. Against someone like Michael Bisping, sure, but he plays on his Nationalism as super Brit, which is fine, but Shogun isn't like that at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Female Fitness 1
Aleksandar37 MMA 8