Rashad Evans not training with Jackson, says Jones sounds like a baby

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"It sounds like he wants to fight, huh? Those sound like fighting words. I don't know how to judge the kid. It's kind of messed up, to be honest. I can't control what anyone else says and it sounds to me like he's a little bit insecure about the whole thing. Sometimes when you open your mouth you show what you're afraid of more than anything. I don't know why he has such an adverse response like that to me. I've never challenged him or made him feel like he should do that sort of thing. It sounds to me, if I was out of the situation, that he was feeling insecure about me. It made him sound like a baby." - Rashad Evans

Rashad Evans has shot back at Jon Jones, after comments made by Jones during a recent conference call, in an interview with Pro MMA Radio.

The two teammates have had a rocky relationship since Evans was forced out of his title shot against Mauricio Rua, and Jones stepped in as his replacement. Comments made by both fighters and head trainers Trevor Wittman and Greg Jackson have furthered ruptured their friendship.

Later in the interview Evans revealed that he has not been training with Greg Jackson, and has instead spent his time with Trevor Wittman. The former UFC light heavyweight champion believes that the move may become permanent.

The original Jones quote that set off "Suga" Rashad can be seen below. It was made during a conference call promoting UFC 128.

"I want to be clear to other reporters, that I absolutely HATE when people mention Rashad Evans, especially throughout this training camp. He's a friend of mine but I'm fighting Mauricio "Shogun," one of the best fighters that's been around for a long time. So for people to even be mentioning Rashad Evans right now, I think, is ludicrous. Rashad is not in my mind, he's not in my being, he has absolutely zero to do with my heart and who I am right now. Right now it's me vs. Jon Jones and right now I'm beating all the weakness out of myself, I'm beating all the give-up out of myself, I'm beating the lack of cardio, I'm beating the lack of confidence; any sign of weakness that's within my heart right now, I'm getting rid of it. The fact that people are bringing up Rashad, it almost angers me. Rashad has nothing to do with "Shogun" and I think from here on out I won't even answer a question about Rashad."

Was Jones out of line with his original comments? Or is Evans taking things a bit too seriously? Leave your thoughts in the forum.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Evans is taking it way too seriously. Jones is tired of sharing the spotlight with a third party. There may have been better ways of saying it, but I don't blame him. He wants reporters to focus on the upcoming fight, not crap with Evans.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Jones is truly a stand up individual. Evans might be a little jaded that Jones has the fight instead of him, but in truth Jones isn't getting the full respect he deserves. This is going to be an epic battle.

WAR CNY !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jones is truly a stand up individual. Evans might be a little jaded that Jones has the fight instead of him, but in truth Jones isn't getting the full respect he deserves. This is going to be an epic battle.

WAR CNY !
Loving the Ezio avi :cheers:

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Jones is favoured a little too much in this fight. Let's get real. He has fought a bunch of nobodies and you always look good against a nobody. Not saying he's mot talented or that it is impossible for him to pull off a win but look who he is fighting!

The fight boards favor Jones too much on my opinion.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Evans couldn't do what Jones just did!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Evans couldn't do what Jones just did!
Evans definitely wouldn't have beaten Shogun. I was never a believer in Jones until 3 fights ago. The kid has got natural talent to stay at the top for a very long time. He is physically gifted and his striking is SO dynamic! He gets better and better with each fight and I can't see anyone in the lightheavy that can take him down. Jones walks around at 230lbs so it would be good to see him fight at heavyweight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Evans definitely wouldn't have beaten Shogun. I was never a believer in Jones until 3 fights ago. The kid has got natural talent to stay at the top for a very long time. He is physically gifted and his striking is SO dynamic! He gets better and better with each fight and I can't see anyone in the lightheavy that can take him down. Jones walks around at 230lbs so it would be good to see him fight at heavyweight.
I've been saying for over a year that if anyone could hold 2 titles simultaneously, it would be Jon Jones. He could easily grow into a 245 lb HW if he decided to go that direction.

However, there is a huge caveat; he is a heavily attribute based fighter and once any of those attributes starts to slip, he could easily be in trouble.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not know what Evans will be able to do to Jones. I cannot see that fight lasting more than 2 rounds. Right now, at 23, I dont see anyone being a major challenge to Jones at this point. The ease in which he destroyed Shogun was unreal.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Rashad definitely took things out of context. Jones obviously was tired of hearing about Rashad, when its not Rashad's fight. It was Jones vs Shogun, why ask about a third party? I'd feel the same way as Jones. Ask me what i'm doing to prepare, ask me what i'm doing to win, but don't ask me a bunch of BS about the guy who was SUPPOSED to fight shogun, I honestly don't give a crap, its my fight now. At least thats the way I feel about the situation.

Oh, and Jones is the man. Some people doubted him because he may not have had the best quality opponents... I think after the destroying of Shogun there are a lot less haters.

iron fists

Awards
well if anyone has a chance against jones it would be rashad..since they have trained together..and in some interviews evans has mentioned that having trianed with jones and helping him make him who is is right now...that he knows his weaknesses and that he knows how to beat him and has twinkle in his eye like he knows a secret..like maybe evans has owned jones in training/sparring anf wrestling..maybe..justa thought....but k=jones could easily go HW as he already is a HW..he just chooses to cut down and be the biggest in the weight class...he is great no doubt..but if anyone can match his game they still have to overcome his size..which usually wins when skills are matched...jones is 6-4" 240 guy who competes agianst guys who are 5-10" to 6-1" and walk around at 215-225...so he already will always have the advantage..the only thing that amkes him less unbeatable is that he doesnt have crazy KO power..he has to land an accumulated amount of shots to get to the tko...but he is already in the andy silva position where he is the biggest and that there is really no legtimate threat...until other HW decide to cut down as much as he does or should i say learn how to cut the amount of weight he does. thats the only part that sucks about jones is ...the whos next factor..after rashad..???

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about that. At the same time that rashad may know jonses secret realize that jones knows rashads weaknesses as well.
As far as no k.o power looked to me like shogun was rocked in the first round after catching a couple of jabs. JABS ! Not power hits.
Jones will enjoy being on top for a while.

iron fists

Awards
yeah jabs are power shots..and gettin rocked from several punches is different than getting ko by one or completely dropped with one shot....thats the type of power i am referring to... and if jones had that topye of power then the fight would not have made it out the first round. but jones will dominate..im jus saying that rashad has the best shot..

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Evans is too ****y I swear. I met him at Jacksons here in Albuquerque and he is nothing but a complete doucher. I know I couldn't kick his ass, but I wanted to just kick him in the nuts till he passed out. Doesn't even acknowledge the fact that there is a church group getting a tour from Gregg himself and when he introduces Rashad, he walks away without saying anything other than "get the f*** away from me"

ChrisSurf

Awards
Evans is too ****y I swear. I met him at Jacksons here in Albuquerque and he is nothing but a complete doucher. I know I couldn't kick his ass, but I wanted to just kick him in the nuts till he passed out. Doesn't even acknowledge the fact that there is a church group getting a tour from Gregg himself and when he introduces Rashad, he walks away without saying anything other than "get the f*** away from me"
Not surprised, others have said similar when running into him. And his wife is a ghetto b!tch too with all her yelling and yapping, thought one time Joe Rogan was gonna tell her to shut the f' up lol.

tommygunzz

tommygunzz

Awards
Jones will definitely defeat Evans. It should be a good fight, though.