UFC 124 Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck II

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by maddbomber View Post
    you couldnt be more off.....im not one of those casual mma fans...i watch everything from k-1 to mfc to xfc to ufc to any local shows.....that doesnt make me an expert and thats not where im going...but i did consider who the losses were to...it was the WAY he lost coupled with his inability to evolve as a fighter that i look at him as "on his way down"...he is a "style" fighter...he can bang and has great muay thai BUT he is not well rounded, therefore will never be a true title contender
    I was sort of sticking up for you, so I don't know why you got all butt hurt.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Losing to the consensus top-2 WW who have lost a combined 2 times in the past 6 years isn't exactly a fair comparison. They're both a stylistic nightmare for Fitch as grinding wrestlers generally are to all strikers. He was manhandled by wrestlers; he wasn't finished, rocked, or in any danger of being subbed. When you're still in the top-5 after those losses, you are by no means "on the way down."
    ehhh we'll just have to agree to disagree....if he wasnt on the way down they wouldnt have given him howard, someone the majority of people havent even heard of or seen fight....
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I was sort of sticking up for you, so I don't know why you got all butt hurt.
    took it the wrong way...my bad

4. Quote Originally Posted by maddbomber View Post
    ehhh we'll just have to agree to disagree....if he wasnt on the way down they wouldnt have given him howard, someone the majority of people havent even heard of or seen fight....
    Jon Fitch fought Chris Wilson before getting a title shot at GSP and has since faced Ben Saunders, Mike Pierce, Akihiro Gono, and Paulo Thiago before fighting Thiago Alves. There really aren't many compelling matchups at WW since it's so top heavy and since the AKA guys won't fight each other. It still boggles my mind that Dan Hardy even got a title shot considering he had two wins via split decision, a KO over a journeyman, and then a decision against a fringe top-15 WW.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Jon Fitch fought Chris Wilson before getting a title shot at GSP and has since faced Ben Saunders, Mike Pierce, Akihiro Gono, and Paulo Thiago before fighting Thiago Alves. There really aren't many compelling matchups at WW since it's so top heavy and since the AKA guys won't fight each other. It still boggles my mind that Dan Hardy even got a title shot considering he had two wins via split decision, a KO over a journeyman, and then a decision against a fringe top-15 WW.
    i agree...there are not any compelling matchups for gsp...the aka guys are ****heads for not fighting each other...i understand it, but they are supposed to be professional athletes...anyways...im gonna go watch the wec card a dvr'ed tonight...henderson/pettis should be spectacular
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by maddbomber View Post
    i agree...there are not any compelling matchups for gsp...the aka guys are ****heads for not fighting each other...i understand it, but they are supposed to be professional athletes...anyways...im gonna go watch the wec card a dvr'ed tonight...henderson/pettis should be spectacular
    When you've trained with someone for that long, you form a bond. On one hand I can see where they're coming from because I could never fight any of my regular training partners. However, my purse is not even 1/50th of theirs...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:50 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 07:16 PM
  4. Josh Koscheck Kicks A Fans A**
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 13