Jose Aldo, one of the WEC beasts to join the UFC

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Wink Jose Aldo, one of the WEC beasts to join the UFC

NSCA - CSCS

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.47%

Aldo is gonna blow up BIG TIME when he is seen on a UFC PPV. His striking is right up there with Silva. He is so explosive with his strikes, doing a great job at setting everything up.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

He looks to have one of the most powerful low kicks I've seen.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    He looks to have one of the most powerful low kicks I've seen.
    Pretty sure Urijah Faber would second that.

5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

When it comes to powerful low kicks, Shogun and Aldo are the kings in that department.
    doing my own thang!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.91%

Really looking forward to Aldo at 155, some real interesting matchups for him there. An Aldo/Edgar matchup would be fun to watch, as both of those guys are so damn quick. I would favor Aldo though
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.83%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Really looking forward to Aldo at 155, some real interesting matchups for him there. An Aldo/Edgar matchup would be fun to watch, as both of those guys are so damn quick. I would favor Aldo though
    they offered him florian but he turned it down....probably just wants to wait for a shot at maynard or edgar
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%

Quote Originally Posted by maddbomber View Post
    they offered him florian but he turned it down....probably just wants to wait for a shot at maynard or edgar
    He didn't want Florian because Florian was coming off of a loss. Aldo felt he deserved a top 3 or at least someone coming off a win.

UFC Featherweight Champion's management team talks about why they chose to turn down the boutPrior to the UFC's announcement of the coming merger of the WEC roster with their own, there was talk of a bout featuring current UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo facing former two-time UFC Lightweight Championship challenger Kenny Florian in a bout at 155 pounds that was to take place under the UFC banner. Shortly after those rumors began, they were stopped when it was confirmed that Aldo had turned down the bout and would instead defend his title at least once more before moving up in weight.

Now, we have the reason why from Aldo's camp as his head trainer, Andre Pederneiras, has spoken to Tatame.com about the refusal of the fight and the counter-offer that they gave to the UFC, which also went unaccepted;

"A counter-offer was made with a fight between Aldo and Kenny Florian. They offered us this and I was the first to decline it. Aldo fighting [Frankie Edgar], the fourth in the world, is one thing. Itís the champion of the event fighting a champion of the same organization, but on the weight division above. When they said itíd be Kenny Florian, itís not that heís not a tough guy, I think heís an excellent athlete, but heís coming from a bad result and, unfortunately for him, he was never Ultimateís champion, and now heís not even on the top 10 pound by pound, so I couldnít see why this fight should happen. Who turned the proposal down was me, and nobody else. Aldo wanted to fight, but who turned it down was me because I understand this fight wouldnít bring any benefit to him, independently that Kenny Florian is a great fighter or not . If they have offered Sean Sherk, on a similar situation, maybe Iíd have accepted, it was more likely. He was a guy coming from a win and he once was the champion of the event, so we declined the offer because of that. It wasnít because we were afraid of the other guy, it was because I thought I wasnít worth it."

Since the bout fell apart, Florian has moved on to a UFC Fights for the Troops 2 main event slot against rising Lightweight star Evan Dunham on January 22nd, 2011, while Aldo will battle Josh Grispi in a UFC Featherweight Championship defense that will serve as the co-main event of the upcoming UFC 125 event on New Year's Day. If Aldo is successful in his title defense, could we see the UFC move to make a bout between Aldo and Sherk or Edgar or should they look to keep their newly-crowned champion in his weight class for the time being?
    http://www.nokaut.com/?id=12&lang=e&solo_news=7203
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I favor Maynard over Edgar and I favor Aldo over both of them. Aldo is one of the fighters who actually catch people who try to shoot with a knee. Everyone talks about stopping the TD with a knee like its common sense and the most basic of techniques (which logistically it is), but hardly anyone ever pulls it off. Aldo is the few who I've seen punish TD attempts with a knee on multiple occassions.

Also, Aldo can control the stand up like no other. He's great at not getting taken down and if I had to pit Edgar's boxing vs Aldo's MT, I think Aldo will control the distance with his ridiculously accurate and powerful low kicks.

BJ Penn vs Aldo was much more interesting, pre 2 time Edgar beat down.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. all you BEASTS out their..input needed!
    By DKZ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
  2. BEASTS SUPERTEST???
    By massolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
  3. Aldo Wants to Fight in UFC, But Not Yet
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
  4. Faber Vs Aldo