WEC to merge with the UFC

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I think, and this is pure speculation, that they used the "aggression" criteria as a factor for each round. The fact is that aggression is one of the lowest ranked criterion for each round, but so many people have been using it to justify their decisions. It's a very cloudy and ambiguous criterion and either needs to be amended for clarification or abolished altogether.
    I guess I could see that if that is what the judges want to claim they put weight in. But running at someone and getting smacked in the face shouldnt win u a fight. I wasnt happy when Garcia won against Jung, but this one is just absurd.


  2. i loved how joe rogan was ripping the judges throughout the rest of the night.

    ufc has the 2 greatest announcers.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    i loved how joe rogan was ripping the judges throughout the rest of the night.

    ufc has the 2 greatest announcers.
    Haha I must admit it was funny to hear. Mike Goldberg just ignored Joe's comments about it all
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    i loved how joe rogan was ripping the judges throughout the rest of the night.

    ufc has the 2 greatest announcers.
    If you really think that Goldberg is a quality announcer, then you haven't been paying attention. He's absolutely awful in every sense of the word. He once said that Travis Lutter was Jordan-esque with his BJJ...enough said.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I think, and this is pure speculation, that they used the "aggression" criteria as a factor for each round. The fact is that aggression is one of the lowest ranked criterion for each round, but so many people have been using it to justify their decisions. It's a very cloudy and ambiguous criterion and either needs to be amended for clarification or abolished altogether.
    Did you happen to see Doc Hamilton's proposal for rule changes to the CSAC? It would purportedly add effective damage (as the first criteria), a criteria for attempted submissions, and half point rounds.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Did you happen to see Doc Hamilton's proposal for rule changes to the CSAC? It would purportedly add effective damage (as the first criteria), a criteria for attempted submissions, and half point rounds.
    Yes, and I must say that I love the proposal. There's an established criteria and a parameter for the half-point rounds.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. that last wec was amazing, great fights and the Pettis kick, wow! What a way for WEC to end.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. I`d love to see these companiees merge.
    By reptone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Log in
Log in