UFC To Start Its Own Network?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ESPN Report: UFC To Start Its Own Network? | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC has planned a press conference for Thursday starting at 1 p.m. ET with UFC president Dana White, and the news is said to be a “major” announcement.

ESPN’s popular Emmy award winning show Pardon The Interruption may have let the cat out of the bag a day early though. They announced on Wednesday that the UFC plans to start its own network.

“UFC is planning to start it’s own TV network,” said Pardon the Interruption co-host Michael Wilbon.

When asked if he was okay with the UFC starting its own network, PTI co-host Tony Kornheiser said, “I’ve got 75,000 networks on my cable system, certainly there’s room for even that.”

The UFC has made no official statement at this point regarding the announcement on Thursday outside of its shear magnitude. Although it’s own network isn’t a certainty for tomorrow’s the announcement, a new network dedicated and owned by the UFC would certainly fit the bill.

MMAWeekly.com will continue to follow this story and update with more information when it becomes available.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this would be pretty sweet if it happened. today should be a rather interesting moment for MMA

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, ESPN pre-ejaculated the information. This was suppose to be Dana's big Thursday annoucnement.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did anybody hear anything about this today? I saw the merger announced along with the impending implications it has. I didn't see anything about a new network though :thinking:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
MMAOverload Company Promotions 1