Thoughts on UFC 120?

terminator

terminator

Awards
Personally I loved the Condit vs Hardy fight; what a KO by Condit!

The Pyle fight was great. Pyle's reverse triangle choke/crucifix was great.

So many Brits getting beat on their home turf...overall surprisingly good night of fights.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Personally I loved the Condit vs Hardy fight; what a KO by Condit!

The Pyle fight was great. Pyle's reverse triangle choke/crucifix was great.

So many Brits getting beat on their home turf...overall surprisingly good night of fights.
If only the CoUNT would've gotten his wig pushed back! It would have made up for an otherwise waste of my 2 hours.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, like most UFCs of late.. Crazy boring.
Only the condit fight was decent.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that Condit knockout was awesome. I loved watchin' the brits gettin their ass handed to them!!!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I hear Condit wants the winner of the shields/kampman fight. Hopefully he gets the loser of the fight cuz I think he was robbed when he fought kampman and I wanna see a rematch. Shields will easily beat kampman.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Hardy apparently trained with Shaolin monks according to Joe and Mike. I'm sorry I find that hard to beleive in his fighting style. Unless he has totally lost the foundation I do not see any elements of powerful grounding in his style. The people I know are very heavily heavy Kung Fu styles you can not budge these guys for anything off their ground. Now I am not talking the guys who say they know Kung Fu. I am talking the guys who actually do know it. Which is probably less than 1%

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
In one of Hardy's earlier promo lead-ups to the GSP fight, they showed footage of him at a Shaolin Temple being trained when he was younger. Typical art-school rich-kid stuff. It's always the art school rich kids that wanna act like they're all punk and hardcore. You can spot them a mile away.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In one of Hardy's earlier promo lead-ups to the GSP fight, they showed footage of him at a Shaolin Temple being trained when he was younger. Typical art-school rich-kid stuff. It's always the art school rich kids that wanna act like they're all punk and hardcore. You can spot them a mile away.
Seriously! You can spot the trying too hard, and desperation. Legit hardcore punks don't advertise.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I bet they were "teaching him" alright. The people I know who are deep into the Kung Fu as I was saying barely if ever let out a lot of secrets or training methods to how it goes on. These are guys that though people will laugh they are traditional what can they do, I just smile and think yep keep thinking that. The problem is westernized Kung fu is nothing like real chinese kung fu. Goes along with that, ever met a Military Muay Thai guy, so much different than sport.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
way too many decisions as of lae. I am tired of these guys not gonig all out. You cant blame them if they are winning but sometimes I feel they could finish without risk. UFC has been teribly boring lately. Each has 1-2 good fights out of 9-11. Hardy K.O. was pretty crazy. I thought his chin was Iron.

terminator

terminator

Awards
I hear Condit wants the winner of the shields/kampman fight. Hopefully he gets the loser of the fight cuz I think he was robbed when he fought kampman and I wanna see a rematch. Shields will easily beat kampman.
Really???

That would be a better match than the Kampan fight, but I guess they need to give Shields some warm-up fights before he fights GSP. Can't wait for GSP vs Shields!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Really???

That would be a better match than the Kampan fight, but I guess they need to give Shields some warm-up fights before he fights GSP. Can't wait for GSP vs Shields!
Well some people would flip out if he got a shot right away. Thats how people are. Also people do get UFC gitters. So I think having maybe a warm up fight is a good thing and will give us the best title fight. I just dont think shields has it in him to beat GSP. GSP is gonig to really outstrike him. I could see him winning by guillotine though. Also i think Kos has a better chance at beating GSP even though there are a lot of KOs haters and dont think hes that good. That or Anthony Johnson in 3 years. 6-8 fights from now(he might be at 185 though) I think he is explosive enough knock down GSP and beat him that way. I am pretty sure he is gonig to be at 185 though : /

Even is GSP loses to any WW I really think rematch he will win with determination and game plan. I only see him getting lazy or lucky punch/sub like matt serra.

terminator

terminator

Awards
Well some people would flip out if he got a shot right away. Thats how people are. Also people do get UFC gitters. So I think having maybe a warm up fight is a good thing and will give us the best title fight. I just dont think shields has it in him to beat GSP. GSP is gonig to really outstrike him. I could see him winning by guillotine though. Also i think Kos has a better chance at beating GSP even though there are a lot of KOs haters and dont think hes that good. That or Anthony Johnson in 3 years. 6-8 fights from now(he might be at 185 though) I think he is explosive enough knock down GSP and beat him that way. I am pretty sure he is gonig to be at 185 though : /

Even is GSP loses to any WW I really think rematch he will win with determination and game plan. I only see him getting lazy or lucky punch/sub like matt serra.
I don't know, Shields looked great against Robbie Lawler, who is a much bigger guy and a great striker.

Kampman has great striking, so if Shields beats Kampan in a spectacular fashion, I believe he will beat GSP as well.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, Shields looked great against Robbie Lawler, who is a much bigger guy and a great striker.

Kampman has great striking, so if Shields beats Kampan in a spectacular fashion, I believe he will beat GSP as well.
I am not so sure he is really that much bigger at all. Just huge left hand.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE how Matt Hammil even makes fun of the dumb things that Tito says.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
apparently if shields beats kampmann, his next fight is with GSP from what i've been reading.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not so sure he is really that much bigger at all. Just huge left hand.
BWG is right, as Lawler has never been an especially large MW.

On the note of Shields, the fight is certainly interesting, though not from a competitive standpoint. It is interesting insofar as, stylistically, it will most likely force GSP to batter Shields on the feet ala Fitch.

Until GSP moves up, assuming he will, Fitch and Shields will be perennial contenders - which oddly enough ought to precipitate their collective move to 185, given their styles pose a more formidable challenge to A. Silva than GSP.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The fights were pretty boring. Hopefully this weekend is better.
Dumb question guys. There are a lot of nad kicks in the UFC. Dont they wear a cup? Why such pain and a 5 min. rest?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Getting that cup forced up against your groin hurts like nothing else. While your coin purse is protected, it's still a rigid cup encircling it.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Getting that cup forced up against your groin hurts like nothing else. While your coin purse is protected, it's still a rigid cup encircling it.
Oh yeah. and you gotta be sure its a very good fitting cup otherwise you can still smash a berry.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If only the CoUNT would've gotten his wig pushed back! It would have made up for an otherwise waste of my 2 hours.
I know I LOVE seeing him lose. It was so pretty what Henderson did to him.

The fights were pretty boring. Hopefully this weekend is better.
Dumb question guys. There are a lot of nad kicks in the UFC. Dont they wear a cup? Why such pain and a 5 min. rest?
Anytime I think of low blows now I think of Cheick Kongo. Idk who he was fighting but the guy got him twice in the balls and then Kongo straight BLASTED the dude's balls up into his mouth.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Thanks guys.
I'm not familiar with Shields but if he's good I'll be watching him.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's on a pretty good streak. In the last two years he's been the Elite XC Welterweight Championship, the StrikeForce Middleweight Champion, has wins over Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, and Paul Daley...not to mention, he is on a 14-0 win streak since late '05 :eek:

Other wins include those over Yushin Okami and Carlos Condit. We'll soon see where the UFC will take him.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
UFC has been boring lately. its only the main event of the night was the only one exciting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pro Bodybuilding 0
Anabolics 10
EVILADAMS MMA 55
pistonpump MMA 57
TheNinja MMA 4