UFC 119 Spoiler

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow so like I suspected the main event blew. The knee came out of nowhere and before that neither one had done much. CroCop please stop it is hurting ur fans to see u like this.

Evan Dunham got screwed big time. No way in hell u give Sherk 2 rounds.

This r the 2 that really stuck out to me the most.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wanted Cro Cop to win, but hats off to him for taking it on short notice. I agree it's getting painful to watch him fight, since I watched him in Pride.

As for Sherk, I've never seen anyone help their opponent as much as he did by leaving his neck out there for chokes, unreal. He just needs to realize he doesn't have any reach, and put them on the ground.

I liked the Dolloway fight. I also liked the Serra/Lytle fight, both seemed classy and put on a great show. I was waiting for it to hit the ground at some point, but I'm not disapointed.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it was kinda weak Sherk won, I am pretty sure he will never grow in this sport again, hes a gate keeper to the top 5 he sits around 6-8th in UFC

The Main Event blew why was Mir so scared? I think his standup is better. Look at how different he looked against Nog and Kongo. He had no confidence. Honestly I am surprised that he didnt KO him first round. Cro COp is done. Look at his body he is so soft now. Punches are getting loopy and is just too old. What was up with MIr?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I tkae it back. Sherk won that fight. Its a no brainer with the rules on how to judge.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanna see Cro Cop go to 205lbs and get some more speed behind him.....I just want him to win lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Along these lines, why doesn't Serra drop down to 155?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I believe that. I remember seeing him and his family together for dinner.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he is going to need to or he wont even crazy the top 5. I have him in the 9-10 spot.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I like Joe Rogan's comment about Frank/Mirko fight being a sparring match. They should both be cut from the UFC.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Serra doesn't need to fight, which is why he moved up to 170. Plus, it's not like he's getting KO'd and owned every fight.

iron fists

Awards
yeah for lytle being an ex-pro boxer..he should have lit serra up..but serra hung in there with relentless looping haymakers to the body...mir and cro cop did suck..but what bothered me is rogan's non stop bitching about it...but when rashaad hangs onto to legs for three rounds he is on his sack and even when couture held onto vera for the whole fight but not near as much as he likes to big up 10th planet jiu jitsu hold on for dear life guard. Mir just got knock out so he is one step closer to glass joe..so one clean shot from cor cop prolly would have dropped him.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Serra doesn't need to fight, which is why he moved up to 170. Plus, it's not like he's getting KO'd and owned every fight.
I still think there are some great fights for him (and the fans) at 155 though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best thing about this card and the past couple of cards, was CB Dolloway's roll, counter-roll, roll, counter-roll guillotine.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
matt mitrione is one fight away from shark fights

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
matt mitrione is one fight away from shark fights
I disagree, I think he is entertaining. I dont see him ever in title contention, and probably nothing more than prelims, but he moves well and has an odd personality, which American MMA fans really seem to enjoy.

The card itself was overall sad. When prelims are the most watchable fights on the card, that is worrisome.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the Dolloway fight. I was amazed to see him not gas his arms like so many people do when trying to get the choke at first, definitely shows some smarts on his part. I kinda wanted to see how his stand-up has improved, but no biggie, stick to what works. That fight and watching Serra throw those body shots were the best parts of the card, at least for me.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, I think he is entertaining. I dont see him ever in title contention, and probably nothing more than prelims, but he moves well and has an odd personality, which American MMA fans really seem to enjoy.

The card itself was overall sad. When prelims are the most watchable fights on the card, that is worrisome.
I'd say Strikeforce but Shark F just sounds more comical. Yes he's entertaining and I admit I'll be watching his fights closely. He seems more improved, but as you say he'll more than likely never be in line for the belt.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I loved it when the crowd was chanting Meat-Head, lol.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Matt Serra said many times before I jsut want to stand and bang with him. We are friends and our last fight sucked. We will put on a better fight this time, I am gonig to fight his fight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
VolcomX311 MMA 4
VolcomX311 MMA 7