Sonnen tests positive for PED's

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    sounds like sonnen needs to get with brian cushings on this one....he is busted for having a higher than normal test level..but no compound found found yet... Bigfoot tested positive for equipoise in pro elite...cotour has a prescription for growth and test...he looks younger now than he did 10 years ago....and testing for gh is tough becuae your body pulsates its release every 3-4 hours..plus there is no direct number that says your high or low....but lets look at sean sherk..he got busted for being 2 nanograms above normal level and had nandrolone metabolites in his system..but his body has never changed.
    just to be a little A hole id say hes lost a tiny bit buttttttt thats most likely due to age,different training habbits, preventing injury. He still looks amazing i just remember him in like 05-07 damn!

any proof on Randy C on test and hgh? you can really use those with a prescription? then every guy would have one. maybe just HGH.

2. some one on here had posted about it.,.so i am just repeating what i had read on here...and you are a ahole.lol....sherk is still jacked..did you see the last countdown???and having the opportunity to train with ufc fighters before and during their ufc debut....form what i have learned through the loop is that many of the guys are on test or gh or both...but the difference is there sources..my best guess is the ones who are getting busted are not taking what they think are so they are getting busted...like getting deca instead of equipoise...so detection time isnt 6 months but now 18months for example.
    •   

3. Before everyone damns Chael, remember that Vitor and Nate have both tested positive in their careers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Just as an aside, to replace Chael, Vitor was pulled from the Okami fight and will fight Anderson in early 2011. The winner of that gets the Marquardt/Okami winner.

Personally, I think Vitor is going to get smoked, but thats just my 2 cents

5. What is with this? Chael gets busted for roiding and as a result loses his title shot. He gets replaced by Vitor Belfort, who tested positive in 2006?! Do the matchmakers in the UFC not see the irony in that?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sweekaters View Post
    What is with this? Chael gets busted for roiding and as a result loses his title shot. He gets replaced by Vitor Belfort, who tested positive in 2006?! Do the matchmakers in the UFC not see the irony in that?
    That wasn't in the UFC, so it didn't really happen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. also its the most legit match up. getting his title shot yanked is the right thing...why? cuz its a year long suspension dude! do you want to wait over a year to see the next title shot? Vitor beat franklin and matt linland big time so lets test his standup vs A silva. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Okami vs silva would be terrible if silva tried. Marquart ehhh not as bad but SIlva would drop him.

SIlva vs Vitor is the only option. Only thing that will really draw a huge crowd.

People on this site(usually big MMA fans) wont put down Chael for steroid use because there are pretty educated fans on here who know what other fights do. Its just part of the game. SO many most likely use. I really stopped caring awhile ago.

Thats a very interesting theory on "not knowing what they are taking" thats a good point. a lot of people test positive for both EQ and deca. Finally a guy tested pos for Test tho? Was it test or something unknown?

8. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    also its the most legit match up. getting his title shot yanked is the right thing...why? cuz its a year long suspension dude! do you want to wait over a year to see the next title shot? Vitor beat franklin and matt linland big time so lets test his standup vs A silva. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Okami vs silva would be terrible if silva tried. Marquart ehhh not as bad but SIlva would drop him.

SIlva vs Vitor is the only option. Only thing that will really draw a huge crowd.

People on this site(usually big MMA fans) wont put down Chael for steroid use because there are pretty educated fans on here who know what other fights do. Its just part of the game. SO many most likely use. I really stopped caring awhile ago.

Thats a very interesting theory on "not knowing what they are taking" thats a good point. a lot of people test positive for both EQ and deca. Finally a guy tested pos for Test tho? Was it test or something unknown?
    It's not test that triggered a positive test; it's because his test:epitest ratio was off.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. I just find it ironic and silly that Belfort gets the shot. Here is a guy who tested positive a few years ago, and who, when under pressure in a fight has shown the ability to crumble like a house of cards.

Will people watch? Of course.....but Belfort is going to get crushed

10. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I just find it ironic and silly that Belfort gets the shot. Here is a guy who tested positive a few years ago, and who, when under pressure in a fight has shown the ability to crumble like a house of cards.

Will people watch? Of course.....but Belfort is going to get crushed
    It also depends which Anderson shows up. When Vitor starts to build confidence, he can end it fast. Plus, Anderson does not have the smothering top-game of Randy or Tito that breaks the spirit of Vitor.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It also depends which Anderson shows up. When Vitor starts to build confidence, he can end it fast. Plus, Anderson does not have the smothering top-game of Randy or Tito that breaks the spirit of Vitor.
    true, but if I remember correctly (I might not) even in the Overeem fight over in Pride, he broke just from pressure more than anything else.

I do agree, Anderson is going to need to interested. So sad that it comes to that issue with him

12. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    true, but if I remember correctly (I might not) even in the Overeem fight over in Pride, he broke just from pressure more than anything else.

I do agree, Anderson is going to need to interested. So sad that it comes to that issue with him
    Overeem had a great gameplan in that fight as he took it to the ground repeatedly and peppered Vitor and then locked in a guillotine with about 30 seconds remaining.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. dana white had a funny rant on MMAweekly about roids. Pretty much got a hint that a ton do it.

14. By the way Sherk did not look that jacked on saturday. Dont give me any of that crap about cutting and watering up.

15. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    By the way Sherk did not look that jacked on saturday. Dont give me any of that crap about cutting and watering up.
    He's had significant injuries the past 18 months.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. He's also getting old.

17. I think its more of getting old and not weight lifting to get huge. Finally he wrestled better. had some nice slams but almost got caught.

18. I felt bad for Chael initially. Had he thorouhly fulfilled his 15 min of fame and faced Silva again let alone a win, he could have officilly solidified himself in that upper echelon of name marketability.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ken shamrock tests positive
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM
  2. Elite XC Champ tests Positive
    By holyintellect in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 08:41 AM
  3. Anderson Silva tests positive
    By Turd in forum MMA