Chael Quote on Bisping from MMA Live

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont usually like trash talkers but man has he grown on me especially bc of the people he talks sh1t about.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:lol: Wow!

Anyone see the clip where he corrects Toares' (or whatever his name is) Portugese? :lol: I love Sonnen.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Ed "B.S." Soares, the manager. The whole UFC 117 affair has launched Chael, who was relatively obscure, into a whole new stratosphere of stardom.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did people not really know who he was before he fought Silva? This past year or so in the UFC wasn't even his first time in the octagon...not to mention Bodog and WEC.

Do you most of you only watch UFC?

...and FWIIW, I would like to see the UFC bring back Horn for a match with this **** talker :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did people not really know who he was before he fought Silva? This past year or so in the UFC wasn't even his first time in the octagon...not to mention Bodog and WEC.

Do you most of you only watch UFC?

...and FWIIW, I would like to see the UFC bring back Horn for a match with this **** talker :D
Chael was a relative nobody to the general masses when he fought Maia, still a nobody when he fought Miller, started to get some attention when he beat Okami, but didn't start to make a recognizable name for himself (to the masses) until after he beat Nate, but even then, he wasn't exactly a household name per se. Nate Marquart was more recognizable then Chael when they fought and Nate isn't exactly a popular name to the general masses. Chael went from a middle tier, some people may know of him him status, to borderline Chuck Lidell name recognition status is what I was saying.

And no, not a fan of Bodog and I don't think watching some whack ass organization makes you hardcore. WEC I like, I think they possess a lot of pure MMA'ist. Aldo, Cerrone, Henderson and pre Brian Bowles TKO Miguel Torres, are my favorite mini warriors.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I guess Roy Nelson pre-TUF is probably another example of that. He's been on the seen for a while, but a lot of people probably didn't know who he was before TUF.

LOL @ whack ass organization. I whatever I can get my hands on. I don't always watch every fight though. Sometimes I'll FFD through to see if anything good happens if it starts getting boring :D

WEC is underrated, IMO. I was just trying to get one of my co-workers to watch WEC the other night. He doesn't even know who Urijah Faber is. I keep waiting for more of the WEC to be absorbed by the UFC. All those guys that you listed will definitely be fan favorites in the UFC.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, I love Sonnen and I laugh at everything that comes out of his mouth.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of people know Roy Nelson and Sonnen because everytime IFL was on tv it was ROy or eliteXC and kimbo. and everytime WEC was on a few years ago it was faber or Sonnen.