Go Sonnen!

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
lol I agree with you....he might not be the most talented fighter, but he sure is being entertaining, promoting the **** out of the fight, and will make Silva fight. So either Silva will step up and KO Chael early, or it could be one hell of a brawl.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to see a competitive fight, but I just dont see it happening. I think Sonnen will rush in and get caught. I could see him getting Silva down but since he has a history of getting sub'd, I think it looks like the Lutter fight

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I hope Sonnen smothers Silva and we see another upset. I doubt it though. Silva's pointy limbs always seem to know where to land.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I want to see Silva get beat, but i dont think i want to guy to do it be Sonnen, So i think i will be rooting for Silva tonight..

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it depends on how much self-control he has. If he plays silva's game, which is silva's goal, he'll lose. If he can last 2-3 rounds, and grind him out a bit, then turn it up and go vitor on his lanky ass, it'll be over. Silva will run, again, if he's getting caught with bombs.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
WOW I am shocked. He messed up bad! Anderson was getting ass whooped on!

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I KNEW that was going to happen, as soon as he sat up in his guard and took a "breather". DAMMIT!!! He beat his ass for 4.5 rounds...

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
****in bull**** i hate silva , sonnen had his ass

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
wooooowoooooowoooooo.. That was bullsh*t but im glad it happened.. rematch anyone?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I KNEW that was going to happen, as soon as he sat up in his guard and took a "breather". DAMMIT!!! He beat his ass for 4.5 rounds...
Bingo. I was yelling 'nonono' when he did that. ****. At least he exposed Silva for what he is: a rather 1 dimensional fighter.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
last night was a prime reason that I wanted Shields at 185. Not that he is the wrestler that Sonnen is, but I think he matfhes up as a better challenger for Silva than GSP.

I give Sonnen a great deal of credit, he was a beast and I would like to see a rematch prior to Vitor getting a shot

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Sonnen screwed up Royally by posturing up. He's a triangle magnet.

Word now is that Silva has a rib injury therefore the poor performance and that Silva let Sonnen hit him knowing Sonnen could not hurt him.

I must re watch to see if Siva was faking the fight to make it exciting as many are also saying this morning. They are saying he could have ended the fight anytime but wanted to make it up to Dana and the fans.

Even Sonnen is saying he expected more resistance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The conspiracy theories about "faking fights" are nonsense, in my opinion: Chael pressured Anderson on the feet very early - something his other opponents failed to do -and that early left which wobbled the champion set the tone for the rest of the fight.

Despite my deep, burning hatred for Anderson Silva, credit must be given here: to be thrashed for four rounds and have the fortitude to win the fight in its last gasps is impressive! But on the other hand, this fight cemented what I have been saying for the past two and a half years - GSP has the precise composite skills to defeat Anderson Silva, and would win that fight beyond a shadow of a doubt.

1newbie

Awards
Not sure if it happened in the fight or before in training like Silva says, but he was HURTING after the fight - could barely walk with the ribs and I didn't see Silva do any damage to Silva's ribs in the fight. Also interesting how Silva took all that abuse and not even a cut, mouse or anything. Sonnen only took a couple shots and was a mess.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was nice to see Silva get his ass kicked for 4 rounds but can someone go ahead and win? Come on Vitor knock him out!

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
The conspiracy theories about "faking fights" are nonsense, in my opinion: Chael pressured Anderson on the feet very early - something his other opponents failed to do -and that early left which wobbled the champion set the tone for the rest of the fight.

Despite my deep, burning hatred for Anderson Silva, credit must be given here: to be thrashed for four rounds and have the fortitude to win the fight in its last gasps is impressive! But on the other hand, this fight cemented what I have been saying for the past two and a half years - GSP has the precise composite skills to defeat Anderson Silva, and would win that fight beyond a shadow of a doubt.
So you didn't see Silva stand there with his hands down and simply roll with Sonnens punches?

Many noticed how Silva did the same while on his back...roll with Sonnen's punches...not getting hurt.

If any other fighter I would agree but this wouldn't be the first time Silva deliberately put on a show.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you didn't see Silva stand there with his hands down and simply roll with Sonnens punches?

Many noticed how Silva did the same while on his back...roll with Sonnen's punches...not getting hurt.

If any other fighter I would agree but this wouldn't be the first time Silva deliberately put on a show.
Are you being serious? There are a great number of ways Silva could have gone about "putting on a show," but being taken down at will, wobbled on the feet, and beaten and controlled on the ground certainly seems like the most implausible of all.

The reality here - sorry to burst the ever-increasing A. Silva fandom - is that, like many fighters at the upper echelons of the sport, he has perfected a certain aspect of fighting (striking) at the expense of others (defensive wrestling and ground control) and Sonnen was the perfect stylistic match up to expose that. Like many wrestlers, Sonnen uses the thread of the TD to set up strikes and he caught Anderson dancing last night.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was nice to see Silva get his ass kicked for 4 rounds but can someone go ahead and win? Come on Vitor knock him out!
I can't decide which would be more satisfying: to see him twitch, or tap.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
lol,

another win by silva.

cash in my hand bishes.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
But on the other hand, this fight cemented what I have been saying for the past two and a half years - GSP has the precise composite skills to defeat Anderson Silva, and would win that fight beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I always sort of thought this was probably true, but after last night. I completely agree with you. It wouldn't even be close. Last night wasn't even close, but Sonnen is a fking idiot. (I was so disappointed in him to waste the first 4.75 rounds on a mental mistake.) GSP wouldn't make that same mistake and would beat the sh!t out of Anderson, minus getting caught with a strike.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
woulda, shoulda, coulda.

more GSP trash talk.

Sounds like the same bs I heard about last nights fight.

LOL.

Cash is still in my hand.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hearing Silva say he had a rib injury coming in brought the last couple of minutes immediately before the fight into perspective. I was watching Silva and remember thinking that he looked like Sonnen's trash talking had gotten into his head. Maybe this was really just him being preoccupied with his injury.

I was surprised that Silva didn't try for that triangle sooner. Who I am to say though; he still pulled it off.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
woulda, shoulda, coulda.

more GSP trash talk.

Sounds like the same bs I heard about last nights fight.

LOL.

Cash is still in my hand.
Arrogance is bliss, my friend!

Unfortunately, the way A. Silva and Dana White have spoken about the fight, my fear is that I will never have the opportunity to take that money from you via your fighter's non-existent wrestling.

(This is the part where you say Silva was baiting Sonnen the entire time - by lying helpless on the ground while being dominated for an entire fight. :D)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Arrogance is bliss, my friend!

Unfortunately, the way A. Silva and Dana White have spoken about the fight, my fear is that I will never have the opportunity to take that money from you via your fighter's non-existent wrestling.
:)

Hello Mullet!

Didnt notice you in here. :wave2:

I might be jabbing a bit. All in fun.

I eagerly await our wishful bout. The "mullet" tagged $250 dollars is itching to double in size.

lol.

I agree, I dont forsee a GSP vs Spider bout in any immediate future.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the whole rib injury is bs unless he can provide proof. Im sorry if he actually had an injury that caused him that much pain he would have just tried to destroy Sonnen like he did Griffin. And that crap about wanting to put on a show for the fans and Dana White well after he destroyed Griffin people jumped back on his bandwagon so there goes that arguement.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
CRY!!!!!

Spider still holds the title. Thats all my wallet cares about right now.

lol

It not like we have never seen a fight go down like this before.

This happens all the time. Guy gets beat on until the last round and somehow pulls out the win.

What a shocker!

Makes for great entertainment IMO.

lmao.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The whole card was GREAT!

...but I always say that, lol...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, he kind of reminded me of Cabbage in that regards.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You hear that Mullet? Kristofer loves you! :love:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol Im not crying I just dont believe him. On my bet I even said Silva was going to win. Just didnt want it to happen lol.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Lol Im not crying I just dont believe him. On my bet I even said Silva was going to win. Just didnt want it to happen lol.
I know man. Just having fun, nothing serious.

I know alot of guys are pretty pissed though. Where I was at last night, it was about 75/25split. I was the minority.

I heard ALOT of trash until the last round.

Then I collected $$$ and LOL'd.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Hello Mullet!

Didnt notice you in here. :wave2:

I might be jabbing a bit. All in fun.

I eagerly await our wishful bout. The "mullet" tagged $250 dollars is itching to double in size.

lol.

I agree, I dont forsee a GSP vs Spider bout in any immediate future.
I imagine you had issues locating me if you can't seem to locate an apostrophe, ha!

In all seriousness, last night's complete drubbing and narrow escape cemented what I already knew: this super fight needs to occur, not only because I want to be $250 richer, but for the sheer sporting aspect.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I imagine you had issues locating me if you can't seem to locate an apostrophe, ha!

In all seriousness, last night's complete drubbing and narrow escape cemented what I already knew: this super fight needs to occur, not only because I want to be $250 richer, but for the sheer sporting aspect.
My grammatical guru returns, my mullet love.

lol

My cash awaits.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Someone has to say but sorry Mullet you are just like a woman, you NEED to win all your arguments, and are always right, that is all; carry on.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Someone has to say but sorry Mullet you are just like a woman, you NEED to win all your arguments, and are always right, that is all; carry on.
lol

duck!!!!

grammatical grenades are coming your way

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Are you being serious? There are a great number of ways Silva could have gone about "putting on a show," but being taken down at will, wobbled on the feet, and beaten and controlled on the ground certainly seems like the most implausible of all.

The reality here - sorry to burst the ever-increasing A. Silva fandom - is that, like many fighters at the upper echelons of the sport, he has perfected a certain aspect of fighting (striking) at the expense of others (defensive wrestling and ground control) and Sonnen was the perfect stylistic match up to expose that. Like many wrestlers, Sonnen uses the thread of the TD to set up strikes and he caught Anderson dancing last night.

With all due respect Mullet; I wanted Sonnen to beat the crap out of Silva. If you read my post at the begining of this thread you'll see I am sincere but ....I am re; watching the first round right now in slow motion. Watch from 3:45 on down to 3:20 etc. and you will clearly see Silva eating Sonnen's punches and seeing them coming from 10 miles away.....no, actually from 1000 miles away. He saw ever single punch and every single take down coming and has his full senses with him for every single move Sonnen made and every single punch that Sonnen landed....you can clearly see it in Silva's eyes and body movement etc. He beautifully slips several of Sonnens punches but just stands there eating others while fully aware they are coming and deliberately keeping his hands down....not stunned at all....contrary to what Goldberg and Rogan are saying. Slow motion thankfully kills the sound.

There is no doubt in my mind that either he was seriously injured from b4 the fight and was in pain and could not react properly or he was toying with Sonnen and putting on a show. Remember....he is one wacky dude who doesn't exactly function with the same logic that you do.

I think if you give it the time and watch in slow motion you'll see Silva was never in trouble, probably for the whole fight I am guessing, but I'd have to rewatch the whole thing to be sure.

Sonnen also set a new compustrike record for punches landed ....289....yet no damage to Silva.

After re:watching there is No doubt in my mind ....either Silva was in pain and couldn't fight properly or it was a show. Slow mo is very revealing.

Flame away but watch it slow first.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
With all due respect Mullet; I wanted Sonnen to beat the crap out of Silva. If you read my post at the begining of this thread you'll see I am sincere but ....I am re; watching the first round right now in slow motion. Watch from 3:45 on down to 3:20 etc. and you will clearly see Silva eating Sonnen's punches and seeing them coming from 10 miles away.....no, actually from 1000 miles away. He saw ever single punch and every single take down coming and has his full senses with him for every single move Sonnen made and every single punch that Sonnen landed....you can clearly see it in Silva's eyes and body movement etc. He beautifully slips several of Sonnens punches but just stands there eating others while fully aware they are coming and deliberately keeping his hands down....not stunned at all....contrary to what Goldberg and Rogan are saying. Slow motion thankfully kills the sound.

There is no doubt in my mind that either he was seriously injured from b4 the fight and was in pain and could not react properly or he was toying with Sonnen and putting on a show. Remember....he is one wacky dude who doesn't exactly function with the same logic that you do.

I think if you give it the time and watch in slow motion you'll see Silva was never in trouble, probably for the whole fight I am guessing, but I'd have to rewatch the whole thing to be sure.

Sonnen also set a new compustrike record for punches landed ....289....yet no damage to Silva.

After re:watching there is No doubt in my mind ....either Silva was in pain and couldn't fight properly or it was a show. Slow mo is very revealing.

LOL.

I told my buddies last night as I laughed taking their money, outside of being a little swollen, Silva looked like he just rolled out of bed.

Not 23ish minutes of being "beaten like a pillow" they were all talking.

LMAO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My grammatical guru returns, my mullet love.

lol

My cash awaits.
Most would seem like a grammar guru next to you, Kris!

Maybe I will donate some of my (your) money for a solid course of hooked on phonics? Spell it now: W-R-E-S-T-L-I-N-G. :D

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Most would seem like a grammar guru next to you, Kris!

Maybe I will donate some of my (your) money for a solid course of hooked on phonics? Spell it now: W-R-E-S-T-L-I-N-G. :D
Your so kind.

Cold hard cash awaits my love.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Not flaming, but I watched the fight on my DVR after this post, and feel we are watching entirely different fights.

Then again, I was never convinced that A. Silva was P4P # 1, and was fully aware that his defensive wrestling was horrid; so, how the events took place was not a giant shock, and nor was the fact that they took place. I have commented in the past how Lutter, Franklin, Marquardt and Henderson all took him down, it just seems Chael had better top control than the others.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I agree: Im kind as a kitten. I prefer credit, though. Thanks!

:deal:
Benji's and Grant is all I want.

NP credit does nothing for me.

Have your people call my people, I'm sure an amicable transaction can be had by all.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benji's and Grant is all I want.

NP credit does nothing for me.

Have your people call my people, I'm sure an amicable transaction can be had by all.
Haha. "We'll be in touch."

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Not flaming, but I watched the fight on my DVR after this post, and feel we are watching entirely different fights.

Then again, I was never convinced that A. Silva was P4P # 1, and was fully aware that his defensive wrestling was horrid; so, how the events took place was not a giant shock, and nor was the fact that they took place. I have commented in the past how Lutter, Franklin, Marquardt and Henderson all took him down, it just seems Chael had better top control than the others.
I believe in the rib injury story. The Silva that fought last night was not the same Silva that fought Griffin or Franklin Matrix style, reading moves, bobbing and weaving. he also could have danced around to avoid the take downs,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niners4reggie MMA 22
VolcomX311 MMA 4
MMA 47
bluehealer MMA 2
VolcomX311 MMA 1