Mirko Retires/Spoiler

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
"In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, [UFC 115] it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for this…I don’t know about a new contract with the UFC. I believe that I gave this game a lot, I fought with the greatest fighters," Cro Cop said.

"For 20 years I lived this life and now I have no motivation for the fight, no mental strength for all the Spartan training. I am no longer so hungry for victory. I will not stop training, but if I am asleep I’ll stay in bed and practice an hour later."

"I have some [seminar] contacts around the seminar circuit in the U.S., Australia, Europe and even Brazil," Cro Cop said.
UFC 115: Mirko Cro Cop Talks Retirement - "I Am Now Too Old for This" - Bloody Elbow

I think its the right decision and I'm glad he went out on such an epic win and we really got to see Mirko in his truest light; a cold faced killer while a pretty warm guy. Some might say the intra-fight manffection with Barry was a bit much (and it sort of was) but I thought it was cool.