Did you guys watch UFC 115 last night?

J

johnnyblues

Awards
I thought Chuck Liddell was looking really good til he got knocked out...one of greatest ever, though.
Crocop looked good. One of my favs from back in the pride days but I figured that it was the end of the road for him. No "Hunger for the win" left in him, was what iI figured. That's what I get for making assuptions, hehe. He showed heart, and I hope he gets back to 100%.
Mr. Blues

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nah Chuck looked like the same Chuck of the last few fights, playing fast and loose with his hands and his glass chin. Fighters figured him out a long time ago and he has not changed his style or strategy. Kudos to Rich for continuing with a (supposedly) broken arm.

Agree about Crocop. I was pleasantly surprised.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Poor chuck, I hope his brain is alright after these past 4 times getting ktfo.

I was rooting for Pat Barry so hard, after reading his story and watching his fights. I couldnt believe he let crocop stand up after flooring him twice. I mean respect the guy is one thing but finish him when you get a chance!!! that was Pat's chance to get another high profile fight and he blew it. him and Duffee should fight. supposedly he broke his hand early in the fight and that derailed his game plan but that i guess didnt stop him from hugging it out in the middle of the fight. im very dissapointed.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CroCop looked good, but he's definitely not what he once was. Don't get me wrong, you'll see that I'm a huge CroCop fan if you look back through the past five years of this MMA Subsection. I just miss the days of him stalking down guys like The Terminator :D

This card was VERY entertaining. There was not a single boring fight on the main card.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Pat was afraid he would get subd if he followed him to the ground. In his defense CC did pop back up that first time real quick but that second hit he really shoulda pounced on him. I was rooting for CC and I am happy to see him win again. He opened up a lot more in rounds 2 and 3, I loved seeing him throw that axe kick!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
afraid of CroCop's cop jitsu??? i doubt it

I agree with Dana, Pat thought he was superior on the feet and wanted to put him away standing. too much respect or too little. i agree, the axe kick was sick

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Maybe not afraid but I think he did have some concern, Duke Roufus was saying in an interview before the fight that he wanted CroCop to agree to keep it standing the whole time and not go to the ground so maybe Duke got in Pats head a little and told him do NOT go to the ground keep it standing. But yeah he did probably think he would get an easy KO after he landed that first shot right away. He has a lot of power in his strikes I agree on the Barry vs, Duffee fight that would be awesome.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cro Cop's retiring. He mentioned to a croatian media source before the fight that he would retire after UFC 115, win or lose and he just reinforced that notion in a post fight interview to bloodelbow.
"In addition to winning the Pride Grand Prix Finals, [UFC 115] it’s my favorite fight of my career [but] most of the training proved to me that I am now too old for this…I don’t know about a new contract with the UFC. I believe that I gave this game a lot, I fought with the greatest fighters," Cro Cop said.

"For 20 years I lived this life and now I have no motivation for the fight, no mental strength for all the Spartan training. I am no longer so hungry for victory. I will not stop training, but if I am asleep I’ll stay in bed and practice an hour later."

"I have some [seminar] contacts around the seminar circuit in the U.S., Australia, Europe and even Brazil," Cro Cop said.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/14/1517234/ufc-115-mirko-cro-cop-talks#comments
Dana on Chuck's forcible retirement.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mirko Pranks Interviewer into thinking he's going to kick his arse

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fighters seem to like to mess with Mauro:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
how bout that quick trip takedown by chuck!??

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
both fighters did great
that was a really good PPV. rich was catching chuck alot with punches. and chuck was landing some pretty powerfull kicks. just a great fight

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I'm just glad the UFC had a good showing. I knew it was going to be fireworks with the last two fights. I think after dominating on the feet the first few minutes, as well as his obvious lack of any ground game, Pat didn't want to rush in on Cro Cop, it wasn't necessarily a hero worship ordeal. Pat's got a definite future though, he's still young and when he learns to avoid submissions he'll be trouble for anyone. I loved seeing Cro Cop actually look hungry again though. Hope it lasts but he's getting up there.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Damn didn't know about cro cop.. shoulda read the other posts first.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have any of you seen Cro Cop To The Top by Desko?

I'd post it, but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Great 30 minute clip of his career up to the point of him winning the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix (2006 I think).